[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
*Attempts to get a pure-breeding line of Esoterics*
*Ends up with pure-breeding line of Mysterious* o_O
*Shakes fist at RNG*

EDIT (More RNG amusement) :

*Tries for Repair on a Thaumium Grafter*
*Gets XP Boost III and Unbreaking III*

Last edited:

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
*Attempts to get a pure-breeding line of Esoterics*
*Ends up with pure-breeding line of Mysterious* o_O
*Shakes fist at RNG*

EDIT (More RNG amusement) :

*Tries for Repair on a Thaumium Grafter*
*Gets XP Boost III and Unbreaking III*

lolz use thaumcraft enchanting, makes it ez. as for your bee troubles, if you're getting deep into it (which it seems like you are)... aim for oblivion frames. lets you do the mutations basically instantly... no more waiting 10 min to find out what happens.

w3ricardo

Jul 29, 2019
Did you remove the recipe for cow seeds so that people have to get a cow egg to get milk? Then why not making milk an ingredient in the recipe of cow seeds? It will be fun to see people thinking "I need cow essence to get milk, and I need milk to get cow seeds" ;)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
lolz use thaumcraft enchanting, makes it ez. as for your bee troubles, if you're getting deep into it (which it seems like you are)... aim for oblivion frames. lets you do the mutations basically instantly... no more waiting 10 min to find out what happens.

Actually, my worst experience to date was when I went Princess hunting using the Ring of Chordata and got completely and utterly lost. I had to find the sheet of paper with my slime-chunk coordinate map on it to get home - over 3000 blocks away. :D

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
any tips on balanced shard, could you share your receipes.

everything i tried leaves a mess behind..

Have you tried the alchemical furnace, I think it is? In short, whatever I'm thinking of breaks things down into whatever essentia they show as having, then you can put it into warded jars for storage. The only issue is you'll need that thing that automates crucible stuff (to get the essentia into the crucible, unless you wanna use phials, which causes the phials to disappear and makes you have to craft in batches of 8 essentia). It's been awhile since I've actually done that stuff though, so check the Thaumonomicon for details and to make sure I'm not giving you wrong names.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I know I was able to do this and have it come out even (got 2 shards). Trying to reconstruct the formula now.

EDIT: Recipe = 4 water droplets (1 Aqua each [from Minnows]), 4 chiseled stone (1 Ordo and 1 Terra each) and 1 gunpowder (4 Perdito and 4 Ignis)

Last edited:

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten Certus Seeds. And i've worked out how to make Certus Quarts and a charger.
My problem is: how do i get power to the Charger without the resonance chamber (which i can't even find in NEI)
I've tried Quartz pipes from BC and the Universal Cables from Mekanism nether will connect.
Have you tried a Mariculture Custom RF block as a conduit between the Mek cable and the Charger?

gattsuru

May 25, 2013

Burn 8 Sugarcane in the Alchemic Furnace. Phial the Aer and Aqua, put the herbia in a Warded Jar for latter (you'll end up with /tons/).
4x Stone/Gravel, 1x Aer Phial, 1x Aqua Phial, 2x Gunpowder, 4x Order Shard.

Later on, you'll have Ignis to burn from processing Netherwart and centrifuging its Infernis, and can swap the stone/gravel and gunpowder for 8x cobblestone or 8x sand.

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
I know I was able to do this and have it come out even (got 2 shards). Trying to reconstruct the formula now.

EDIT: Recipe = 4 water droplets (1 Aqua each [from Minnows]), 4 chiseled stone (1 Ordo and 1 Terra each) and 1 gunpowder (4 Perdito and 4 Ignis)

thanks! it's perfect. finally i found something useful for these mariculture drops..

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
thanks! it's perfect. finally i found something useful for these mariculture drops..

I know, right?! Just as a note, the other ones that I've found are all pure sources of essentia as well. Alienis, Venenum, Terra, Aqua, Potentia, and Sano to date.

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or is anything to do with fluids (raintank, fish tank, squeezer, etc.) broken at the moment with the current version? Like, it's using a version of Forge after the fluid fix, but all the mod versions are behind the "fix" version, breaking it all.

Or am I the only one having this issue? I ended up manually upgrading Mariculture and then Railcraft (as that's kind of the order I came across issues when progressing through the quest book) but I was wondering if there might be some sort of hotfix release or something soon for such issues.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or is anything to do with fluids (raintank, fish tank, squeezer, etc.) broken at the moment with the current version? Like, it's using a version of Forge after the fluid fix, but all the mod versions are behind the "fix" version, breaking it all.

Or am I the only one having this issue? I ended up manually upgrading Mariculture and then Railcraft (as that's kind of the order I came across issues when progressing through the quest book) but I was wondering if there might be some sort of hotfix release or something soon for such issues.

Did you update any mods on your own before having these issues? Because you're the first person to have actually brought them up.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I haven't had any issues with fluids - although I will say that a pump in an infinite water source works better than the rain-tank for supplying alvearies. (wasn't expecting them to go through 400 buckets-worth so quickly!) What sorts of problems are you having?

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
Did you update any mods on your own before having these issues? Because you're the first person to have actually brought them up.

I haven't had any issues with fluids - although I will say that a pump in an infinite water source works better than the rain-tank for supplying alvearies. (wasn't expecting them to go through 400 buckets-worth so quickly!) What sorts of problems are you having?

I'm terribly sorry to have bothered you all. I do believe I've found my issue. For some reason when setting up my instance (I much prefer to run things from MultiMC as I play on several private modpacks as well as a few of my own and it's much simpler to run them all from one place) I thought the FTB launcher was using Forge 1408 for this pack. I had looked at the console when it was loading and went from there. This was about two/three weeks ago now. Looking again today, it appears to be using 1291 (which I'm pretty sure is just before the Forge "liquid fix").

Completely my bad. I'll rollback my updates and change my forge version. Shouldn't have further issues at that point. Again, I apologize for having blindly asked such a silly thing when it was really my own problem.

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
i am at that point where i need a witches' coven for witchery quests, so i've been flying around, +/- 1000 in both directions. but no stone circles. nothing on my island and the rest is ocean with pieces of rock every now and then..

any suggestions? is there another way?

can i find other "main islands" like mine..?

thanks

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
i am at that point where i need a witches' coven for witchery quests, so i've been flying around, +/- 1000 in both directions. but no stone circles. nothing on my island and the rest is ocean with pieces of rock every now and then..

thanks

i had to fly 4 or 5x that much, on average, to find another decent size continent. recommend getting botania's eye of flugel in order to get home quickly, as well as save a quick teleport to any new continent you find. dont give up, they're out there somewhere.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

thanks

Also, 'friendly witches' will spawn on their own. Try setting up a magical forest biome in the 'near distance' by planting some Silverwood trees. Don't bother lighting it up. I had two spawn on their own before I even saw a stone circle.

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
i had to fly 4 or 5x that much, on average, to find another decent size continent. recommend getting botania's eye of flugel in order to get home quickly, as well as save a quick teleport to any new continent you find. dont give up, they're out there somewhere.

Also, 'friendly witches' will spawn on their own. Try setting up a magical forest biome in the 'near distance' by planting some Silverwood trees. Don't bother lighting it up. I had two spawn on their own before I even saw a stone circle.

Thank you both, great advice that will get me going.