[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that will help. I knew that warp came with some undesirable effects, but you make it sound serious. I'm not sure I want to know the whys and wherefores of some of those precautions.
The bloodthorne is because of a couple nasty mobs that like to spawn around you, and they are also the reason you want a one block wide platform to stand on, that will make it hard for ranged attacks to knock you off of somehow.
The flux eating flower is because... well let's just say insanity causes digestive issues in Minecraft for some reason. ;)
The roof is because, of course,if you're insane you become vampire-like and sunlight hurts your eyes. A lot. I will note however that the Botania pendant that blocks fire, upgraded or otherwise, can probably replace the roof. I just haven't tested it, so I'm not sure.
And finally, if you're insane, anything you look at immediately becomes very scared of you, to the point that it might die of fear..... Yeah most of these are very silly.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Why not get a hungry node and feed it?
Hungry nodes do not grow nearly as fast as a bully node without very excissive means, and even then it is supper slow.
Sucking the life from one node into another one is almost as slow, but as of yet has no limit to size as far as I've been able to find.

hungry nodes dont exactly grow on trees. ive explored my main world for upwards of 12 hours real time, using globetrotters sash and flight, and count myself lucky to have found exactly one.
Try cardboard boxing the nodes a few times. ;)

I got one jarred one our server, feel free to com on and I'll give it to you as I don't need it.

Would having a pure node nearby affect it at all?
nope.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Got to admit that sometimes we take for granted what some call common knowledge. Not everyone knows everything, and everybody has the occasional brain fart.

Just remember that most people first came to the forums to ask a question, and some of us decided to stick around for the community and to help others.

When you offer help, and they don't get it, don't get mad, just figure out another way to explain it to them. I know that I'm guilty of getting exasperated sometimes with people who decide to ask instead of a simple Google search, but if Google leads here, let's make sure it is a good answer instead of a bunch of .... not so good answers. ;)

That being said, got a fully automatic, afk-able nether star farm going that produces a nether star every 30 seconds. Very happy with myself now. Want to see? Find me on the server. Tell me your from here and I'll even help you out getting started. :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Got to admit that sometimes we take for granted what some call common knowledge. Not everyone knows everything, and everybody has the occasional brain fart.

Just remember that most people first came to the forums to ask a question, and some of us decided to stick around for the community and to help others.

When you offer help, and they don't get it, don't get mad, just figure out another way to explain it to them. I know that I'm guilty of getting exasperated sometimes with people who decide to ask instead of a simple Google search, but if Google leads here, let's make sure it is a good answer instead of a bunch of .... not so good answers. ;)

Well said.

Reactions: Flipz

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I've been away from Regrowth for a while and didn't see any mention in skimming the last few pages.... Has there been any word on upcoming updates? Wanna get back into the pack with a fresh world when it updates again :D

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've been away from Regrowth for a while and didn't see any mention in skimming the last few pages.... Has there been any word on upcoming updates? Wanna get back into the pack with a fresh world when it updates again :D
Update is still in the works, probably won't be out until the week following June 17 at the earliest as I'm now in my exam period for the semester.

Swamp_devil

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. In my test world I found catacombs. Bug?
zaxcJd7.png

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I did follow the chain and searched NEI seperatly for "Infernal", too. But there is no Infernal Brick that can be crafted for me.
Nez is actually correct here .. I had the same issue.
The quest book doesn't specify how to make Infernal Blocks, and the quest is asking for Blast Furnace Bricks..
So if you take the NEI route Blast Furnace Brick->Right Click on Infernal brick, NEI shows that Infernal bricks are made from Infernal Brick Slabs and Visa-Versa. It is also missing the recipe for Infernal Blocks.
If you can get chisel to show you .. can't remember how I did it.. then it shows that Infernal Bricks can be chiseled from Infernal Blocks.. but again no recipe for the blocks.
The trick is knowing, or realizing what NEI is telling you, that the blocks are Railcraft Items.
If you then search the Railcraft Wiki you can find the recipe(Nether Brick and Soul Sand) .. but you have to search it as it's missing as a default item recipe on the wiki as well.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Nez is actually correct here .. I had the same issue.
The quest book doesn't specify how to make Infernal Blocks, and the quest is asking for Blast Furnace Bricks..
So if you take the NEI route Blast Furnace Brick->Right Click on Infernal brick, NEI shows that Infernal bricks are made from Infernal Brick Slabs and Visa-Versa. It is also missing the recipe for Infernal Blocks.
If you can get chisel to show you .. can't remember how I did it.. then it shows that Infernal Bricks can be chiseled from Infernal Blocks.. but again no recipe for the blocks.
The trick is knowing, or realizing what NEI is telling you, that the blocks are Railcraft Items.
If you then search the Railcraft Wiki you can find the recipe(Nether Brick and Soul Sand) .. but you have to search it as it's missing as a default item recipe on the wiki as well.

I didn't have to search the Railcraft Wiki. One thing to remember is that NEI divides the recipes up by method. If something can be created one way with fish and 3 ways with bees, you'll see double arrows at the top of the recipe to cycle between the fish and the bees, and then double arrows at the bottom to cycle through the three bee recipes. In this case, one path went as follows:

Blast Furnace Brick: One recipe, consisting of 4 titanium sheets, 1 blaze powder, 2 brick construction blocks, and 2 Infernal Bricks.
Infernal Brick: Offers Shaped Crafting, Shapeless Crafting, and Chisel. Shapeless gets it from the Fitted Infernal Stone.
Fitted Infernal Stone: Offers Shaped, Shapeless, and Chisel as well. Shapeless gets it from the Infernal Block
Infernal Block: Gives two Shaped recipes, including the Soul Sand/Netherbrick version.

(Yes, Chisel can get you directly from Infernal Block to Infernal Brick. Many paths, same result.)

Reactions: TestyMan and Zimek

Pein

Jul 29, 2019

That being said, got a fully automatic, afk-able nether star farm going that produces a nether star every 30 seconds. Very happy with myself now. Want to see? Find me on the server. Tell me your from here and I'll even help you out getting started. :)

I'm guessing you have the farm to power your anchor?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Yeah. We changed the fuel to require netherstars for a three hour load.

We are rebuilding it. It will drop about a stack about every six minutes.

• Magical crops grow coal, wither heads and soul sand.
  • Sir golem harvests and a powered hopper hock collects, and places into filtered BC buffers.
  • BC pipes to golem crafting. They place into B-Spaced barrels. Had to use three golems for the heads. Any body know how to make them run faster? One golem for coal and soul sand.
  • Coal feed botania flowers for local mana production.
  • Golems pull from eight other B-Spaced barrels to place soul sand then skulls.
  • Th withers fall through a 1x1 hole in the bedrock we created with Teleposers.
  • Botania flowers push the withers to a center 4x4x20 drop shoot.
  • x4 flowers that kill, x4 that poison decease the withers in about a min.
  • Hopper hock to collect the drops.
  • BC to move the items again.

This is where we are at so far. We are planing on also using BM to draw some blood from the wither to power some alters. (x4 of them to be exact)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have to search the Railcraft Wiki. One thing to remember is that NEI divides the recipes up by method. If something can be created one way with fish and 3 ways with bees, you'll see double arrows at the top of the recipe to cycle between the fish and the bees, and then double arrows at the bottom to cycle through the three bee recipes. In this case, one path went as follows:

Blast Furnace Brick: One recipe, consisting of 4 titanium sheets, 1 blaze powder, 2 brick construction blocks, and 2 Infernal Bricks.
Infernal Brick: Offers Shaped Crafting, Shapeless Crafting, and Chisel. Shapeless gets it from the Fitted Infernal Stone.
Fitted Infernal Stone: Offers Shaped, Shapeless, and Chisel as well. Shapeless gets it from the Infernal Block
Infernal Block: Gives two Shaped recipes, including the Soul Sand/Netherbrick version.

(Yes, Chisel can get you directly from Infernal Block to Infernal Brick. Many paths, same result.)

This right here. I can only assume that @OniyaMCD saw the first recipe that showed up (likely the slabs one) and thought," Hm, I wonder if there's another recipe for this, maybe I ought to hit those buttons that show other recipes; after all, there being no way to craft this seems like a pretty unlikely scenario. Oh! Look at that, there are other recipes, including ones that work, how fortuitous."

DISCLAIMER: I've no idea how he thinks, this is all speculation.