[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of thaumcraft stuff....

For the people who have the chest and jar seals working, are you running default mod pack, server or ssp, forge or cauldron?

And anybody been able to get a setup with the essentia mirror pump thing to work the does not cause it to backstuff with extra essentia? When hooked up to something that requires more then one essentia, say 5 ignis, it will pull more then 5 and not pull whatever essentia is required next.

Also loving the fact that I'm using botania to spawn the mobs that my bloodmagic alter kills to get the drops picked up by buildcraft to feed my thaumcraft essentia needs. Also the fact that I can control my fueling for botania with buildcraft gates is amazing.

Can't wait to start with all the millionaire stuff as soon as we update.

Also, anybody have a way to fill thaumcraft staffs from energized nodes instead of a regular mode?

And another thing, automagy rocks! Got a setup to bully nodes so that we can move all of an aspect over. Going for a 100cv of all aspect super node.

Why not get a hungry node and feed it?

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019

hungry nodes dont exactly grow on trees. ive explored my main world for upwards of 12 hours real time, using globetrotters sash and flight, and count myself lucky to have found exactly one.

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
A friend and I spent most of a day trying to "capture" a hungry node by first encasing it in obsidian to protect ourselves. We got it done after a number of deaths, but still found ourselves getting pinned to the outside of the obsidian cage unable to move. I've seen a number of casual references to using a hungry node, but I have no clue how you're supposed to go about doing it. How are you supposed to tame something that you can't get close to?

Reactions: JustHeyo

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The general trick is once it's encasedin obby, feed it items and once it's big enough taint the node, jar it and energise it. (Or You can try other methods...)

A few helpful hints:
  • An ender pearl or equivelant is a get-out-of-hungry-node card. You can use these to escape a hungry node's pull.
  • You can escape from a hungry node's pull if you fast enough, it won't damage you unless you are actually in contact with the node.
  • Terrasteel armor + Fruit of Grisia let me tank my own hungry node for about 5 minutes until i finally managed to get escape veloctiy. (It somehow pulled me in as i put in one of the last peices, if doing this yourself i suggest leaving the top till last as the hungry node will throw you up out of itself after a bit if it fails to kill you. This is your best chance to get out of it if you have access to a form of flight.
EDIT: As an aside, I found a Hungry node in a creative test world once very close to my spawn point. I spawned various bosses to see if the hungry node could kill them. It won for every boss I tried XD.

Reactions: JustHeyo

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
The general trick is once it's encasedin obby, feed it items and once it's big enough taint the node, jar it and energise it. (Or You can try other methods...)

A few helpful hints:
  • An ender pearl or equivelant is a get-out-of-hungry-node card. You can use these to escape a hungry node's pull.
  • You can escape from a hungry node's pull if you fast enough, it won't damage you unless you are actually in contact with the node.
  • Terrasteel armor + Fruit of Grisia let me tank my own hungry node for about 5 minutes until i finally managed to get escape veloctiy. (It somehow pulled me in as i put in one of the last peices, if doing this yourself i suggest leaving the top till last as the hungry node will throw you up out of itself after a bit if it fails to kill you. This is your best chance to get out of it if you have access to a form of flight.
Enderpearls! *headdesk* It's always the obvious things from vanilla that you forget about when you're doing these modpacks.

I'm using the Flugel Tiara and I've been able to get away from a few such nodes before. Unfortunately, I made the mistake you just warned against: I put a top on the cage before the bottom. I got pulled in and was unable to get out before it killed me. After that it was impossible to get away from it since all my stuff was in a grave just under it.

I'll try the capture and taint method if I find another one. Thanks.

EDIT: As an aside, I found a Hungry node in a creative test world once very close to my spawn point. I spawned various bosses to see if the hungry node could kill them. It won for every boss I tried XD.
LOL! Even Leonard? I'm not looking forward to that battle. He's a bastard.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Lil question about this (since I never actually tried to capture a hungry node).

What is that about "taint the node" and how do you do that?
(so Taint like the evil purple taint you actually don't want to have around? ^^)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The easiest way is to throw a bottle of taint on top of the structure. It should turn the biome the hungry node is in to tainted and then it's only a matter of time before it turns into a tainted node. You might wanna take a few bottles if you aren't confident with your aim.

EDIT: The other way is to literally overflow a cruible on top of the node. You'll have to keep it full as well, adn the more flux goo around the better...

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Enderpearls! *headdesk* It's always the obvious things from vanilla that you forget about when you're doing these modpacks.

I'm using the Flugel Tiara and I've been able to get away from a few such nodes before. Unfortunately, I made the mistake you just warned against: I put a top on the cage before the bottom. I got pulled in and was unable to get out before it killed me. After that it was impossible to get away from it since all my stuff was in a grave just under it.

The Botania Rod of the Skies is another fairly cheap way to escape the grip of a hungry node. Unless you have something directly overhead preventing you from leaping out of harm's way.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

The real question, is what does this do to the node's power/radius of effect, and do you still get the drops? :) (Heeeeere Weether, Weether, Weether....)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The real question, is what does this do to the node's power/radius of effect, and do you still get the drops? :) (Heeeeere Weether, Weether, Weether....)
Ironically the wither was one boss i forgot to try... But in any case, the drops would get eaten by the node... it did the work so i guess it gets the spoils too.

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
i've got them researched and working in my single player world, no issues. i was going to suggest tallow. you say you researched tallow, but have you made some and scanned it? that may be the issue.

(they're great for setting up permanent autocrafting with arcane constructs)
I've made some tallow, but I hadn't scanned it. Alas, scanning it had no effect. I getting really bummed. I had big plans for the chest seals!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ironically the wither was one boss i forgot to try... But in any case, the drops would get eaten by the node... it did the work so i guess it gets the spoils too.

Well, there goes that idea. :D

Hey, @BLAMM! - just had a thought. Maybe if you make one of the blank seals and scan it?

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I've made some tallow, but I hadn't scanned it. Alas, scanning it had no effect. I getting really bummed. I had big plans for the chest seals!
yeah dont get dejected, you can def get there. just gotta find out how. worst case you can try making and using some research notes

InsaneTD

Jul 29, 2019
Lil question about this (since I never actually tried to capture a hungry node).

What is that about "taint the node" and how do you do that?
(so Taint like the evil purple taint you actually don't want to have around? ^^)
Would having a pure node nearby affect it at all?

SleepyBigBear

Jul 29, 2019
Love this pack and I've been playing it for over a week straight now, but all of the sudden today the world I've been working so long and hard on won't load. It just stays stuck on the "loading world screen"

-I have tried to reinstall the pack brand new
-I have not added any other new mods to the pack

HELP! I really don't want to have to start ALL over!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
95% sure that it wouldnt affect anything, but i like where your head's at. there really should be a way to make a node pure.

It used to be that you could merge a bunch of smaller pure nodes until they were larger than the target node, and then merge the large pure node with the target. I'm not sure if that mechanic has changed, but with silverwoods being a bit more renewable in this pack, it could be worth investigating.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
It used to be that you could merge a bunch of smaller pure nodes until they were larger than the target node, and then merge the large pure node with the target. I'm not sure if that mechanic has changed, but with silverwoods being a bit more renewable in this pack, it could be worth investigating.

oh yeah well you can still do that, they dont even have to all be pure... just as long as the pure one is the one eating all the others. but it'd be impractical and basically defeat the purpose to make a pure node bigger than your hungry node.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The pure node is nice to have around your target area, along with ethereal blooms. They'll both help prevent the then tainted node from spreading too much taint while it's being energised. (Once energised it won't do anything special, the reason you taint it first is the hungry node can eat the stabliser or transducer before being fully energised. I've heard you can spam cobblestone next to it for it to eat during the process to prevent it (I think on the north side) but i have not tested this.

EDIT: The pure node wouldn't affect the tainted node though.