[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone playing with witchery vampirism in .7.4 and and finding that the villagers are not regening? Do they need a buiding to hide inside of to regen?

Edit: Puting them outside with a little hut has caused them to sleep and regen :D

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've never seen a villager regen other than through trading (or splash potions). I don't know if Witchcraft adds some sort of mechanic with the vampirism to allow for it, though.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen a villager regen other than through trading (or splash potions). I don't know if Witchcraft adds some sort of mechanic with the vampirism to allow for it, though.

It lets villagers sleep at night to heal up and refill their blood, as well as slowly letting villages expand over time. The catch seems to be the villagers need a building they recognize as a house to cause them to sleep. Penning them up in my dungeons behind warded stone didn't work. So now they have a hut behind warded stone :D . Lovely well behaved cattle.

I'm not sure how the village growth from witchery would interact with the milliener stuff in 0.8.0. I don't know much about the witchery village mechanics full stop.
https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/structures

I couldn't see anything in the configs about the village growth, just the spawn locations.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

Since I'm rather new in Witchery (I played a bit with circle magic, but months ago. Since then alot changed) I need a little help with creating the "Mutating Sprig".
NEI aswell as the brewery-book says I need to put a Netherwart, Ent Twig and Mutandis Extremis in the cauldron. The book says I need 2'200 Power in my altar (which I have). But for some reason nothing happens. The water turns red and nothing else.
The cauldron is close enough to get power (since I made Mutandis Extremis with it I'm 100% sure). So wondering what I might do wrong, following the recipe as it's written down :/

[edit]
Argh... the questbook tells me I need alot more Altar Power, hmph! Totally overread that part. :(

Last edited:

Skala

Jul 29, 2019
Coming here because I can't quite figure it out myself. I made an alumite pickaxe head to replace a flint one, but was unable to. Putting the head and pick in the table returns nothing. The pick is slimy and stonebound, and at first I thought it was because of the slimy trait, since it would let me put the head on other tools but, it turns out to be the stonebound trait. Any tool I make that is stonebound, won't let me swap out parts. Is there any fix for this?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Coming here because I can't quite figure it out myself. I made an alumite pickaxe head to replace a flint one, but was unable to. Putting the head and pick in the table returns nothing. The pick is slimy and stonebound, and at first I thought it was because of the slimy trait, since it would let me put the head on other tools but, it turns out to be the stonebound trait. Any tool I make that is stonebound, won't let me swap out parts. Is there any fix for this?

Seems not. There was talk way back about disallowing any stone tools because of it. You should be able to make all parts (including tool rods) out of wood or flint, in any event.

Skala

Jul 29, 2019
Seems not. There was talk way back about disallowing any stone tools because of it. You should be able to make all parts (including tool rods) out of wood or flint, in any event.
Right, just tried a netherrack tool and realized it was just the stone. Alright, thanks for the reply~

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Does the regular infusion stone recipe intentionally doesn't have ender essence? Or is it just a mistake?

You can't get ender essence (well, with any reasonable ease, at least) in the dream world due to lack of endermen, and as such you wouldn't be able to make the regular infusion stone and everything after, so TPL took ender essence out of the recipe so it wouldn't bork up spirit world progression; in fact, he posted about it ages ago.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I think most of the infusion stones are 'missing' one or more of the lower essences. I'd noted that the Extreme stone didn't require rutile, for example. Like TM said, it ensures that progression can be made even with poor luck in kills/ore spawns/whatever. (The oyster hack is a nice way around the lack of Endermen, but it does leave a lot up to the RNG gods.)

CraftsmanChris

Jul 29, 2019
What I did was download the server from the FTB launcher, ran it once to generate the files, (don't forget the EULA, see the FAQ in post 2) and overwrote the contents of the world directory created in my server directory with my single player game save. I don't know if this is the right way but it worked for me.

That should work fine, just make sure your world save directory is set in the server.properties file. Check the level-name setting.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
No such thing. :D
Well, it certainly is a gateway to trouble in my case. My overzealous mutandis-ing resulted in me possessing a slew of sapling that I knew nothing about, and after figuring out some of these novel saplings needed to be planted 2x2, um, well...this happened: http://i.imgur.com/6XwkQRS.png

brb gotta go spend two hours chopping down a gigantic tree with flint axes...

Reactions: JustHeyo

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ah yes. The Rainbow Eucalyptus. I might recommend shelling out the materials for a Lumber Axe and a moss ball modifier. Makes an excellent sapling farm after that.

EDIT: P.S. Be very careful about planting the Natura Redwood. Like - at least a full chunk away from anything important.

Last edited:

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes. The Rainbow Eucalyptus. I might recommend shelling out the materials for a Lumber Axe and a moss ball modifier. Makes an excellent sapling farm after that.

EDIT: P.S. Be very careful about planting the Natura Redwood. Like - at least a full chunk away from anything important.
Oh I at least know the Natura trees as I used them in Modsauce, and unfortunately I did not get nearly enough saplings for the Natura redwood. I did for the Extremebiomes redwood which only needs four saplings. Maybe when I'm up for cooking up another huge batch of mutandis I'll get enough Natura saplings for one of those redwoods. Hee hee.

I'm not at the point in the modpack where I can make the more advanced Tinkers tools (or is there a way to make the lumbaraxe and hammer and such in early game? I haven't even bothered to check) and between being a total noob with Magic Crops and being a perfectionist with AgriCraft I'm progressing slowly toward acquiring metals. But there may have been a minor cheat involved to speed things up. At least I won't be hurting for wood anytime soon. I'm peeved that the tall jungle tree had to come down too as the eucalyptus messed up its leaf canopy and it looked awful. With the vines and how it grew, it was a perfect watchtower for my starter "compound".

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I at least know the Natura trees as I used them in Modsauce, and unfortunately I did not get nearly enough saplings for the Natura redwood. I did for the Extremebiomes redwood which only needs four saplings. Maybe when I'm up for cooking up another huge batch of mutandis I'll get enough Natura saplings for one of those redwoods. Hee hee.

If you've got Botania set up, I believe there are recipes to change one sapling into others (cyclically) by way of a mana pool. So farm up one of whatever tree's saplings are in the redwood cycle (I think there are a few different cycles, likely to prevent someone from getting all the trees from a single type) and just convert all the sapling to redwood. That said, it'd be more efficient to convert to the tree before redwood before you start farming saplings, that way you're not using mana on 49 saplings over and over again.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
In this pack, the Natura Redwood will grow from a single sapling. I've turned mine into my passive mob 'storehouse'.

As for the tinker-tools, you can make any of the stencils right out of the gate, with the possible exception of the Full Guard (I think that may be a quest reward). And you can make them out of wood or flint as well. The moss would be your one 'choke point', since you'd pretty much need to get Nature Essence, or locate a vanilla dungeon room to get the mossy cobble.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
I did for the Extremebiomes redwood which only needs four saplings. Maybe when I'm up for cooking up another huge batch of mutandis I'll get enough Natura saplings for one of those redwoods. Hee hee.
Once you've gotten established in Botania, you can transmute Natura Redwoods from Willow Saplings. Likewise, Rainbow Eucalyptus can come from Japanese Maple Shrub Saplings (green). In both cases, the 1x1 trees are much easier to farm up to 49 saplings than doing the same by Mutandis. It does take two gold and your first two Blaze Rods to set up the Alchemical Catalyst, but you'll want to craft that anyway and the mana costs for transmutation are pretty trivial.

Natura saplings and ExtraBiomesXL saplings each have a separate transmutation loop they can go through to get (most?) of each mod's saplings from a single sapling per mod.

You and OniyaMCD have already said this, but be /very/ careful with the Redwood saplings.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got Botania set up, I believe there are recipes to change one sapling into others (cyclically) by way of a mana pool. So farm up one of whatever tree's saplings are in the redwood cycle..

Once you've gotten established in Botania, you can transmute Natura Redwoods from Willow Saplings. Likewise, Rainbow Eucalyptus can come from Japanese Maple Shrub Saplings (green). In both cases, the 1x1 trees are much easier to farm up to 49 saplings than doing the same by Mutandis. It does take two gold and your first two Blaze Rods to set up the Alchemical Catalyst, but you'll want to craft that anyway and the mana costs for transmutation are pretty trivial.

Natura saplings and ExtraBiomesXL saplings each have a separate transmutation loop they can go through to get (most?) of each mod's saplings from a single sapling per mod.

Ah ok I do have the mana pool set up and it's about 1/3 full but I'm pretty new to Botania too so I'm not aware of what all you can do with it. Thanks for the info. I know Witchery which is why I defaulted to the mutandis.

In this pack, the Natura Redwood will grow from a single sapling. I've turned mine into my passive mob 'storehouse'.

As for the tinker-tools, you can make any of the stencils right out of the gate, with the possible exception of the Full Guard (I think that may be a quest reward). And you can make them out of wood or flint as well. The moss would be your one 'choke point', since you'd pretty much need to get Nature Essence, or locate a vanilla dungeon room to get the mossy cobble.
Orly? One sapling, huh? lol

OK I had assumed the modpack had limited all that for you to unlock later. And yeah you do get the full guard stencil as a reward. I haven't found any vanilla structures in my world at all but I do have plenty of Nature Essence. I haven't really seen what you can do with it. I've just been storing it in a chest for whenever.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019

You can make the stencils, but you'll need a tool forge to make a lumber axe, and that requires iron.

If you've got Botania set up, I believe there are recipes to change one sapling into others (cyclically) by way of a mana pool

Also needs the alchemy catalyst, so mana pool plus blaze rods basically. Not much further down the chain. There are separate cycles for all the natura saplings, and all the extrabiomes saplings, and all the vanilla saplings.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
From earlier experience with Magic Crops, Nature essence is probably the thing I use least. It's most useful for Mossy Cobble -> Moss Balls and Lily Pads (bees or cheap travel over water) If you've got a large jungle tree, you've already got vines, which is the third most useful thing it does. You can also make mycelium with it, but there are other ways to get that as well. At least it doesn't drop randomly from other Magic Crop plants, so I can just harvest it as I need to.

You can make the stencils, but you'll need a tool forge to make a lumber axe, and that requires iron.

Ah yes. I stand corrected.