[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, the placer can't break their own blocks (not glass, as that's been changed to be its own separate block with its own recipe) if warded unless they un-ward them first. Also, the mana lens would have no interaction to tell if it could move them, even if the placer was the one to use the mana lens.

Isn't there craftable warded stone, though? I seem to recall that being a thing (then again, it's been awhile, it's 6 in the morning and I've been up all night, and Bo-bobo, so I could very well be wrong).

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, the placer can't break their own blocks (not glass, as that's been changed to be its own separate block with its own recipe) if warded unless they un-ward them first. Also, the mana lens would have no interaction to tell if it could move them, even if the placer was the one to use the mana lens.
indeed, nothing/noone can break warded blocks, only the one that wards the blocks with his wand can use a wand to unward them again.
As for why some mods can move/break warded blocks, because the mod is not asking the TC api if the block is warded or not, and just uses standard minecraft code to move/break the block, it would be ideal if the author of TC would add special block breaking code to prevent that, but as a programmer I can tell you that it is not fool-proof and quite difficult to set up.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there craftable warded stone, though? I seem to recall that being a thing (then again, it's been awhile, it's 6 in the morning and I've been up all night, and Bo-bobo, so I could very well be wrong).
In 1.7.10? I assume not, that was how it worked in 1.5 if I'm not mistaken...

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
There's warded paving stones that you can craft, but they do a different thing (prevent mobs from crossing them).

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
There actually are very few blocks or entities Blood Magic Teleposers can't che ... err move.
I honestly do not deem "move anything the original mod author has made immobile or hard to move on purpose!" a fun concept ...

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings,

I would like to transfer my single player world to a private server so I can play Regrowth without having to lug my desktop around. What files do I need to move from the single world to the server world? I would rather not start over since I have progressed most of the quests into the 70%+ level. (Yes, I did search the forum but either I haven't worded my search correctly or I haven't sacrificed the requisite number of chickens/creepers/endermen/etc, because nothing turned up.)

For what it's worth, the server I am building is Unix and my single player is version 7 of the Windows Virus.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings,

I would like to transfer my single player world to a private server so I can play Regrowth without having to lug my desktop around. What files do I need to move from the single world to the server world? I would rather not start over since I have progressed most of the quests into the 70%+ level. (Yes, I did search the forum but either I haven't worded my search correctly or I haven't sacrificed the requisite number of chickens/creepers/endermen/etc, because nothing turned up.)

For what it's worth, the server I am building is Unix and my single player is version 7 of the Windows Virus.
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I feel you deserve some kind of response because your request is so elegantly formed. (Someone answer this guy!)

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Well it only took me about a week, but a SS Level Terra Shatterer.
2015-05-22_08.15.14.png

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Gentlebeings,

What I did was download the server from the FTB launcher, ran it once to generate the files, (don't forget the EULA, see the FAQ in post 2) and overwrote the contents of the world directory created in my server directory with my single player game save. I don't know if this is the right way but it worked for me.

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
Trying Regrowth without Climate Control. It crashes my Cauldron server.
I know Cauldron is old but I like to connect to my Enjin website and they only have a Bukkit plugin so plain forge is useless and Sponge has a long way to go.
Older than 0.4.17 Climate Control replaces all biomes with Ocean so the whole world is only water.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Trying Regrowth without Climate Control. It crashes my Cauldron server.
I know Cauldron is old but I like to connect to my Enjin website and they only have a Bukkit plugin so plain forge is useless and Sponge has a long way to go.
Older than 0.4.17 Climate Control replaces all biomes with Ocean so the whole world is only water.
maybe fiddle with the configs a bit?

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
I disabled the Ocean stuff and it spawned dirt everywhere which ruins it. Have had to go Forge only sadly.

Nika

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mean you're playing on a server with friends and starting over? My world's been feeling sort of lonely too, and I've finished or nearly finished most of the quest chapters except Witchery and Thaumcraft ones, so I've been poking around at other packs a bit. I figure I'll go full tilt on Regrowth again after .80 because adding Millenaire at least might add some fake people. (I guess I could build a village maybe. That could be fun.)

If you want you can apply to join the server over at: http://scandygroup.iclanwebsites.com/recruitment/167745

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
A pseudo ghost block (like a ghost block, but it doesn't wonkify your movement) is there. Put a log there, or a block of dirt or something, and it should go back to growing there. And before someone tells me I don't know what I'm talking about despite pointing out that this isn't a true ghost block (this has happened before, even after I said the EXACT SAME THING was happening to me), the EXACT SAME THING happened to me, so I know what I'm talking about.
Yes, I'm sure you're correct. And yeah, I get what you mean about people gainsaying you. But the fix you suggest doesn't quite work in my game. I did figure out that it happens with Tigerwood trees when I place a block, especially a previously broken Tigerwood log block, in the trunk area to pillar up and reach log blocks at the top, and then planting a Tigerwood sapling in the exact same block as the previous tree I had just chopped down. The only thing that seems to fix it is growing a different tree in that space. But since I went a wee bit overboard with the mutandis, I have plenty of other types of saplings to use. (I switched over to farming alder trees because they grow fast and drop plenty of saplings, but after having a couple of ent rampages, I just switched my farm to boring ol' oak trees. lol)