[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I'm actually staying away from tech in general atm. I used it a lot pre 0.7, so I'm now doing everything I can with B-space barrels and bound chests. That being said, I believe Kmad is using BC for item transport, just not liquid transport.
Sadly the bound chests seem to be bugged right now. Either because of a dirty forge environment or cause I'm a derp and don't know how to do it. I was so looking forward to using those for essential transport.

Anybody have them working on a cauldron server?

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Hm.. does nobody use BC for end game item transport. @Zimek, that looks amazing. I am using a similar setup for my essential storage. Would you care to take a cutaway view of the pipe system?
What kind of cutaway are you looking for? I thought I tried to show that in the 3rd pic /2nd thaumcraft pic (link again for reference: http://imgur.com/a/VgH2S)

Also, on the topic of BC pipes, here's what I use them for: http://imgur.com/a/IvcSZ

This is one of the first things I built, beyond a basic stone shack. It doesn't really use their full capabilities and could honestly be replaced by Mekanism pipes if I wanted to, but I'm still hoping to see logistics pipes someday. Perhaps I'll try robots out for something sometime too.

Last edited:

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Well, if you wanna see my base, sure. Going for a city layout, streets and all. http://imgur.com/a/uvmyJ#0
Nice base! I look forward to seeing it as it comes along.

What kind of cutaway are you looking for? I thought I tried to show that in the 3rd pic /2nd thaumcraft pic (link again for reference: http://imgur.com/a/VgH2S)

Also, on the topic of BC pipes, here's what I use them for: http://imgur.com/a/IvcSZ

This is one of the first things I built, beyond a basic stone shack. It doesn't really use their full capabilities and could honestly be replaced by Mekanism pipes if I wanted to, but I'm still hoping to see logistics pipes someday. Perhaps I'll try robots out for something sometime too.
I like the setup. I have the piping setup similar, but am using golems to autocraft. Got myself a sweet little sweat shop going on right now.

Now if I could only find some good tutorials on automagy I'd be set.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
/snip
Question for people, have you added any extra mods to your personal packs? If so, what and why?
/snip
Come on people, let's see some pictures of your bases! We want to see your cool setups, interesting designs, your failures. What worked and what has not!

Mod that I have added, its purely a auditory mod because I am an audiophile, Sound Filters. All it does is adds reverb to all noise while your in a cave, muffles noise while underwater and blocks out mob noise through thick walls. Cant live without it

As for my base...well I think most folks around here have seen it in one way or the other, videos for a more comprehensive look but for short form there is imgr album

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Nice base! I look forward to seeing it as it comes along.

I like the setup. I have the piping setup similar, but am using golems to autocraft. Got myself a sweet little sweat shop going on right now.

Now if I could only find some good tutorials on automagy I'd be set.
I've got everything from automagy researched, but not a good enough graphics card to record. What do you wanna know?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
All about the essential and item mechanics. The redstone stuff is pretty easy to comprehend, haven't started into these tho as i know nothing other then they move them, but not the mechanics of how It works.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hm.. does nobody use BC for end game item transport. @Zimek, that looks amazing. I am using a similar setup for my essential storage. Would you care to take a cutaway view of the pipe system?

BC is all I really do use for end game item transport in this mod. It handles the output from my golem harvested farm, as well as to automate the AE2 Inscriber and Blood Magic infusion.

Gotta love gates and logic.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
All about the essential and item mechanics. The redstone stuff is pretty easy to comprehend, haven't started into these tho as i know nothing other then they move them, but not the mechanics of how It works.
Well I can tell you about the essentia. It comes from the blue brain, obviously. You set it up as shown in the Thaumonomicon and then you link it to your essentia jars using one or more Crystalline Eyes. There are limits to this - you can only link one eye and eight jars at a relatively small range with the minimum setup, but you can also increase these limits by adding additional blue crystal clusters around the essentia locus construct. With enough clusters, you could probably get the range up to about 256 blocks if not more, and plenty of eyes and jars. The crystalline eyes will link to any attached jars, just like golems do, so you shouldnt need more than one or two of them for most builds.

The structure by itself only allows you to monitor the amounts of essentia stored, which you can do manually by mousing over the brain, or through vis readers, also from automagy... which should allow you to automate things (and which I have not gotten into).

To add the ability of the structure to function as an essentia distribution point, you add the essentia aggregator block. You can see how I used it in my build, but you can also use it in combination with essentia mirrors.

P.S. - I originally had plans to use the essentia pump from witching gadgets in conjunction with this in order to do a lot more around my base, but couldnt get the pump to work. It would consistently fail to recognize the suction in the attached system, as it's supposed to.. and therefore never pulled essentia from mirrors. If anyone knows how to make that thing work, that'd be cool :)

darkchiken8

Jul 29, 2019
ServerStart.dat opened the file I opened cmd and not boot the server I stayed on the line:

INFORMACIËN: location -2 -2 8 8
[23:58:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 96%
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (20,721s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
abr 30, 2015 11:58:51 PM climateControl.ClimateControl onServerStarting
INFORMACIËN: starting server
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: VoiceServer: Starting up server...
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO] [modtweaker2]: Starting ServerStart for modtweak
er2
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO] [Enchiridion]: Enchiridion 2 couldn't find the w
orld data for the library so is creating it fresh

I wonder do to go ahead and I finish booting under server to play with a friend.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
ServerStart.dat opened the file I opened cmd and not boot the server I stayed on the line:

INFORMACIËN: location -2 -2 8 8
[23:58:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 96%
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (20,721s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
abr 30, 2015 11:58:51 PM climateControl.ClimateControl onServerStarting
INFORMACIËN: starting server
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: VoiceServer: Starting up server...
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO] [modtweaker2]: Starting ServerStart for modtweak
er2
[23:58:51] [Server thread/INFO] [Enchiridion]: Enchiridion 2 couldn't find the w
orld data for the library so is creating it fresh

I wonder do to go ahead and I finish booting under server to play with a friend.

That server is up and running - are you saying it didn't launch the server console window? What happens when you try to join the server?

Kevalen

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to create an account to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying this modpack. Unfortunately I seem to have run into a bit of a snag doing the quest progression. During the You Sap quest, it's not recognizing any of the saplings that I have grown. I have used over 20 mutandis so far, created half a dozen different tree saplings and grown them all to full size and harvested, and none of them register as a good sapling for the quest. Is there any way to make the HQM journal recognize my saplings so I can continue the questline?