[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Will Leonard not despawn now?

http://i.imgur.com/2T9ZJAW.png

Because after one fairly one sided battle, I realise I am in no way prepared.

In fact, having seen him "beaten" on YT, I have no plan whatsoever.

Go creative mode and spawn yourself a heavily enchanted bound sword I guess? XD

New thing, anyone tried using the bellethorne from Botania yet? I'm having an issue with it's range, it's currently on the other side of a wall from a zombie spawner room, and and I've noticed baby zombies and zombie heads are often not hit by it if they're right next to the wall, as close as they can get to the flower. Anything else in the room gets hit nearly immediately.

http://imgur.com/R59z3VE

Last edited:

dorf88

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like your hardcore questing mode data is corrupt. It's in your Regrowth folder under minecraft/saves/<yourworldname>/HardcoreQuesting/. You will likely have to delete this and start your quests over. Since I'm a random dude on the interwebs and I'm not 109% confident I'm right, you should backup your world folder and donate to habitat for humanity for good karma before proceeding.
well i tried thatand still have the same problem but thanks for the idea.

Spectre97

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, how is one meant to perform the "opening the eye" ritual without the altars or whatever that are supposed to naturally spawn?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, how is one meant to perform the "opening the eye" ritual without the altars or whatever that are supposed to naturally spawn?
Thaumcraft?

Creatively spawn one in, or go find the needle in a haystack that is a naturally spawned obelisk/altar.

edit: Hopefully, the changes in biome and worldgen in the next update should increase the spawn chance. Or perhaps the creative obelisk item will be included in a future thaumcraft quest. At the moment, however, you're mostly screwed if you insist on doing it naturally.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @thephoenixlodge when is there going to be more information about additions to regrowth for .8? I check the changelog every time I go on the Internet.
Also, when is it coming out?

I can't answer the first question, but I do know the answer to the second.

It'll be out when it's out. TPL is a person with his own life and whatnot, and asking for an ETA is pointless because things can happen that'll affect his progress on the pack, in addition, it's annoying as heck when everyone bugs you about the same thing, and giving out release dates not only encourages that nagging behavior, but also tick off everyone and their mothers if it doesn't come out exactly on time. In short, you'll likely never get an ETA on a modpack update unless it's going to be very soon.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I can't answer the first question, but I do know the answer to the second.

It'll be out when it's out. TPL is a person with his own life and whatnot, and asking for an ETA is pointless because things can happen that'll affect his progress on the pack, in addition, it's annoying as heck when everyone bugs you about the same thing, and giving out release dates not only encourages that nagging behavior, but also tick off everyone and their mothers if it doesn't come out exactly on time. In short, you'll likely never get an ETA on a modpack update unless it's going to be very soon.
Well said. The pack seems fully playable to me. What's missing?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft?

Creatively spawn one in, or go find the needle in a haystack that is a naturally spawned obelisk/altar.

edit: Hopefully, the changes in biome and worldgen in the next update should increase the spawn chance. Or perhaps the creative obelisk item will be included in a future thaumcraft quest. At the moment, however, you're mostly screwed if you insist on doing it naturally.

About the Creative Obelisks, they do not work for the ritual, or at least when I tried it when they were added to regrowth. The issue is they do not spawn the sinister node that is needed for the portal to open/take its place. Also the Creative obelisk couldn't be placed on a sinister node that is already spawned.

I did a CRAP ton of testing after looking for 6 days, 52+ worlds and thousands of chunks to find one with no luck. After progressing in the world I chose to stick with I would start up a new one every so often to hunt for one, and I finally did. I used MC edit to bring it into my world then made a copy of my world to test it out. I was able to enter the portal, so I deleted the test world and that's that. The only issue is I have yet to see any cultist spawn, but the angry zombies do.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
About the Creative Obelisks, they do not work for the ritual, or at least when I tried it when they were added to regrowth. The issue is they do not spawn the sinister node that is needed for the portal to open/take its place. Also the Creative obelisk couldn't be placed on a sinister node that is already spawned.

I did a CRAP ton of testing after looking for 6 days, 52+ worlds and thousands of chunks to find one with no luck. After progressing in the world I chose to stick with I would start up a new one every so often to hunt for one, and I finally did. I used MC edit to bring it into my world then made a copy of my world to test it out. I was able to enter the portal, so I deleted the test world and that's that. The only issue is I have yet to see any cultist spawn, but the angry zombies do.

I had about the same luck in searching for an obelisk (that is, none)... but I didn't have any issues using the creative obelisk placer. True, it does not come with a sinister node, but you can (semi-) easily find a sinister node in the world (consult your saved node list, as you may have found one already without noticing it), bottle it, and place it in the obelisk. That's what I did, worked just fine. I also had to cheat in a spawn egg each for crimson knights and clerics, which should normally be found around the obelisks... which I quickly saved in Forbidden Magic imprinting crystals to auto-spawn at will. This was necessary to get the Crimson Rites book, and unlock the recipe to make the Eldritch Eye.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019

Have you tried to enable the special mobs from thaumcraft?? Those that drops reward bags

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
@Booker The Geek
Ever tried scanning tainted soil from Natura?
Yes, it does not have the Vitium aspect. But somebody pointed out here that the Bewitching Fleece does have it.

I have to agree. SFM is an amazing mod, but its just not right for something like Regrowth.
Really, it is a truely amazing mod. The only real reazon i wanted it was so I can easily automate living wood and living rock. :)

@Booker The Geek
Regarding the cardboard box, I put together a blacklist for my server a while back. I can send it to you if you like.
I've attached a copy of my blacklist. Should prevent all doors, warded blocks, nodes, and thaumcraft multiblocks from being cardboard boxed.
Thank you, going on the server now. Did you find a fix for the thaumcraft worldgen? We have a fix, but you need to be running the other then forge type of server. If you would like Ill send you the file.

They do not spawn naturally, not really. This is because the cracked sand is not a valid block in Thaumcraft for any of it stuctures to spawn on. The only ones in the pack that are valid are dirt, stone, sand, ice and gre

No to all of those.
Thank you for taking the time to consider. :)

Reactions: Kmad

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
They do not spawn naturally, not really. This is because the cracked sand is not a valid block in Thaumcraft for any of it stuctures to spawn on. The only ones in the pack that are valid are dirt, stone, sand, ice and gre
You're wrong actually. Witching Gadgets specifically exposes what the structures can spawn on to a config which I added cracked sand to. So yes, obelisks do spawn, I tested it thoroughly when it became an option. To all those who say otherwise, I suggest you get yourself a sinister lodestone and keep that on you while trying to find one - they light up when you look in the direction of a sinister node (such as in the obelisk structure) and have quite a decent range of detection.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Just an FYI. For the Crimson Knights/Clerics, I had to turn on Champion mobs in the thaumcraft config for them to spawn at obelisks.

MaelstromPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
You're wrong actually. Witching Gadgets specifically exposes what the structures can spawn on to a config which I added cracked sand to. So yes, obelisks do spawn, I tested it thoroughly when it became an option. To all those who say otherwise, I suggest you get yourself a sinister lodestone and keep that on you while trying to find one - they light up when you look in the direction of a sinister node (such as in the obelisk structure) and have quite a decent range of detection.

I have been having some issues with this as well on my server. I was poking around GitHub and found that BluSunrize's fix for the possible spawn blocks wasn't working as intended: https://github.com/BluSunrize/WitchingGadgets/issues/46. The server I have isn't running purely Forge if that makes a difference.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just an FYI. For the Crimson Knights/Clerics, I had to turn on Champion mobs in the thaumcraft config for them to spawn at obelisks.
Well that's rather odd and annoying. I really can't afford to have that setting turned on as the rewards from those loot bags really breaks early game progression.
I was already intending to add spawn egg recipes for them and potentially even give the book as a quest reward at some point though.