[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying this pack. I've played for many hours and am making slow progress because I have to get every crop to 10-10-10 before I'll crossbreed it with something else. The mandrakes tested my patience, though. It reminded me of an old quote from "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy" which went "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I destroyed a hungry node that I placed down right next to myself (node spawning quest reward) just by smacking it. I had full Terrasteel armor, and a runic shield amulet, and my health replenished fast enough that I never took damage. Just a brute force alternative, if you have the gear =P

The primary difference that I see is that a node that you 'just placed down' wouldn't have had time to devour much of the surrounding landscape. This one has made a pit 31 blocks across and somewhere around 29 blocks deep. So, I figure if I make a 25 block pillar a little ways back from the edge, and then sky-bridge over the node to drop the water, I should be safe. I may record this for posterity.

And now I'm hoping that was a randomly generated node reward that you got, and not intentional deviousness. ._.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Might I suggest to turn your render distance down as far as you are willing to go, I've had to drop mine to 3 chunks as I was getting transitional lag moving from one area of my base to the next. It's about 10 chunks long with a lot going on
I already have it down to 6, smooth rendering off, clouds off, snooper disabled, and there was one more video setting I changed but can't remember ATM what it was, but all to reduce lag. I can turn it further, of course, but this doesn't seem to be the same lag as I get when loading chunks (In unmodded minecraft I can play on a 12 chunk setting no problem; with most modpacks on the launcher I go down to ~8); I'm only getting about 2 FPS when standing perfectly still for several hours on this mod; also on the main menu, where lag is unexpected.
Have you tried adding Fastcraft and/or Optifine, Flabort?
I've considered it. Uh... heheh... I suspected that one of those might have been the reason it was so slow, actually. I could try adding one or the other, but I'm pretty sure both of those are to optimize chunk loading and I don't think it's the problem.

Sorry, I'm well aware that this pack's pretty amazing, and would love to play, but I think one or two mods are interacting badly.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
You're wrong actually. Witching Gadgets specifically exposes what the structures can spawn on to a config which I added cracked sand to. So yes, obelisks do spawn, I tested it thoroughly when it became an option. To all those who say otherwise, I suggest you get yourself a sinister lodestone and keep that on you while trying to find one - they light up when you look in the direction of a sinister node (such as in the obelisk structure) and have quite a decent range of detection.
I dunno... not trying to say you didnt test it, but i just did another massive obelisk search, and still have yet to find one. Found 2 gravestone dungeons, lots of witchery circles and huts, about 10 lone sinister nodes (thanks to the lodestone, as recommended)... but still not a single obelisk. Whatever the issue is... do you mean for these to be hard to find? Because if so, that's fine, but I've never even really had to look for them before.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I just can't see how this wouldn't end in disaster. It'd be like advising someone to build a pillar down by making steps underneath you. A hungry node doesn't care if you're sneaking or not.
It does, though, provided you're at a higher elevation than the node is. It can't pull you past the edge when sneaking if it's trying to pull you down as well.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I already have it down to 6, smooth rendering off, clouds off, snooper disabled, and there was one more video setting I changed but can't remember ATM what it was, but all to reduce lag. I can turn it further, of course, but this doesn't seem to be the same lag as I get when loading chunks (In unmodded minecraft I can play on a 12 chunk setting no problem; with most modpacks on the launcher I go down to ~8); I'm only getting about 2 FPS when standing perfectly still for several hours on this mod; also on the main menu, where lag is unexpected.
I've considered it. Uh... heheh... I suspected that one of those might have been the reason it was so slow, actually. I could try adding one or the other, but I'm pretty sure both of those are to optimize chunk loading and I don't think it's the problem.

Sorry, I'm well aware that this pack's pretty amazing, and would love to play, but I think one or two mods are interacting badly.
Come try our server, or any well run server, as playing on a server generally reduces lag.

Also, Fastcraft is amazing.

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Your problem is that you have a 32 bit windows and thus only 32 bit java. You will probably not be able to run this modpack

Reactions: Arbitrary

Harrli

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to growth a Sipiri tree from the Forestry Mod in this mod pack? I was thinking of using the wood logs in a random-ish pattern for decorating my witchery room and see I need an actual Jungle Biome to grow this tree......if I am able to actually get it crossbred. Thanks.

BanzaiRunner

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason I cant craft an essentia buffer?

I have the knowledge but its not showing it as a valid recipe in the arcane worktable.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
This mod doesnt work with 32 bit java?
Two things
1. This is a mod pack, not a mod
2. Most major modpacks that are 1.7.10 are mostly based on a lot of 64 bit play, not 32 bit. Regrowth is no exeption. You can either play 1.6.4 modpacks, minor 1.7.10 modpacks, or vanilla. You could also buy a new computer (The fastest require a screen) that is 64 bit.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I will launch regrowth from ftb and it will get to where it shows a black box, where the game will load into, and then it just crashes. Here is the crash log- http://pastebin.com/CswUVvCS any help is appreciated

This thread can be a little newbie-unfriendly at times. running the ftb launcher on 32-bit java limits you to 1gb of ram allocated to the game. Modded minecraft often needs much more than this to run well.

Reactions: fimbrethil

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I've been encountering a good number of rendering crashes in multiplayer today. Let's see... rendering window tab for binnies compartment, the 'river' part of biomes panicking and crashing, unexpected error...
No huge deal, just tiring.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So in breeding my owls the babies appear and then just vanish before I get the chance to tame them. Is there something special required to keep them around in order to tame them?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Maybe try keeping a third pork or beef in hand when you breed the parents? Or set aside a room specifically for breeding them and close the door behind you.