[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sir_Face

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues with the Quest Book. There's at least one quest that is blinking like it hasn't been finished, however it's a quest I finished a long time ago. It's the quest called "Earthly Possessions". It shows that I completed it 100% and that I collected the 32 Cobblestone and the 32 Dirt. When I try to click on one of the selections to claim the reward, nothing happens. It's as if it's glitched out.
Also, within the same quest tab, there are two quests that are greyed out (as if they haven't been unlocked yet), but this is under the first tab - "What The World Came To Be". Those two quests should be unlocked. There's one quest in What The World Came To Be, for example, that has the picture of the Pure Daisy from Botania, and it looks like it's not unlocked. However, I've unlocked every quest around it and have finished them. I've also progressed far beyond the first quest tab and still am at a standstill there.
I tried destroying the quest book in lava and creating a new one... didn't work.
I haven't tried destroying the book, closing the client, restarting and then creating the book. I just doubt that will work..

Anyone else having this problem?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues with the Quest Book. There's at least one quest that is blinking like it hasn't been finished, however it's a quest I finished a long time ago. It's the quest called "Earthly Possessions". It shows that I completed it 100% and that I collected the 32 Cobblestone and the 32 Dirt. When I try to click on one of the selections to claim the reward, nothing happens. It's as if it's glitched out.
Also, within the same quest tab, there are two quests that are greyed out (as if they haven't been unlocked yet), but this is under the first tab - "What The World Came To Be". Those two quests should be unlocked. There's one quest in What The World Came To Be, for example, that has the picture of the Pure Daisy from Botania, and it looks like it's not unlocked. However, I've unlocked every quest around it and have finished them. I've also progressed far beyond the first quest tab and still am at a standstill there.
I tried destroying the quest book in lava and creating a new one... didn't work.
I haven't tried destroying the book, closing the client, restarting and then creating the book. I just doubt that will work..

I'd bet my liver that you recently upgraded from a .6 version.

Reactions: Arbitrary

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

As per TestyMan's gamble, if the problems occurred after you upgraded from 0.6, then have a look at the FAQ (second post on this thread) to see a couple of possible solutions.

Sir_Face

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so now the issue is the quest Growing Knowledge. I did as the FAQ instructed, and it worked for one quest, but Growing Knowledge will not let me reset or automatically complete it with the OP Quest Book.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
So in breeding my owls the babies appear and then just vanish before I get the chance to tame them. Is there something special required to keep them around in order to tame them?
Do you create them in an enclosed area? Those buggers take off really quickly

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so now the issue is the quest Growing Knowledge. I did as the FAQ instructed, and it worked for one quest, but Growing Knowledge will not let me reset or automatically complete it with the OP Quest Book.
Did you reset the quest book or delete the HQM data first? That is the only known way to be able to fix quests in that state.

Sir_Face

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out. I had to reset all the quests from the OP Quest Books main page. Then after automatically completing the quests I already completed, it is working like a charm. Thanks guys! :)

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason I cant craft an essentia buffer?

I have the knowledge but its not showing it as a valid recipe in the arcane worktable.
Look closely at all the tubes. I think one of them is a restricted tube, which looks just like a regular tube.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
one chunk was regenerated anybody got same problem :

Not without my intervention through MCEdit or NBTEdit. Are you playing on your own or a server? Maybe that chunk needed to be regenerated?

Edit: Some clarification: are you joining a remote server to play? Maybe the admin saw some issues and deleted that chunk?

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I'm having some gas issues. *waits for it...*

Specifically, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. I saw that there are supposed to be 'bubbles', which I assumed was a particle effect like what we see in the cauldrons/crucibles, but I haven't spotted any of those yet.

What I have spotted is a number of rings of abyssal stone, that sometimes have a pocket of air in the center. I did a search through the thread, and saw that someone else found natural gas under one of these - which is encouraging! - but I'm curious as to whether this is a standard 'thing' (in which case, I've got a few more tanks to build), or just a happy coincidence that may have no bearing on my situation.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm having some gas issues. *waits for it...*

Specifically, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. I saw that there are supposed to be 'bubbles', which I assumed was a particle effect like what we see in the cauldrons/crucibles, but I haven't spotted any of those yet.

What I have spotted is a number of rings of abyssal stone, that sometimes have a pocket of air in the center. I did a search through the thread, and saw that someone else found natural gas under one of these - which is encouraging! - but I'm curious as to whether this is a standard 'thing' (in which case, I've got a few more tanks to build), or just a happy coincidence that may have no bearing on my situation.
I'm assuming you're using the Ring of Chordata/Diver's Helmet combo to make seeing underwater infinitely easier.
You are looking for bubbles coming up from a single block. They travel about two or three blocks high.
Dig straight down on that block until you fall into a smallish cave. It will be dark but don't light a torch.
You may have to traverse a few steps into the cave but you'll eventually get hit with the mining fatigue effect. That's where there's natural gas.
Setup your air pump and tank next to it. I placed a redstone block on the side opposite the tank and started spinning the wheel on the pump.
You can easily fill several tanks quickly.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm assuming you're using the Ring of Chordata/Diver's Helmet combo to make seeing underwater infinitely easier.
You are looking for bubbles coming up from a single block. They travel about two or three blocks high.

Okay. That's actually what I was expecting to see (and will have to keep looking for).

And yes, the ring on its own makes underwater amazing. Still getting used to the inertia and getting tangled in kelp, but it's really sped up the lair.

EDIT: Found a real one.

Last edited:

Neithan

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried adding Fastcraft and/or Optifine, Flabort?

Concerning the nuggets from different mods issue - try using the Automatic Dictionary Converter from Mariculture, if I'm not mistaken you could even pipe the stuff you want dictionaried in.

Neithan - Have you tried beehouses yet? Beehouses have a far higher pollination than apiaries, maybe you will have more success with those.

I fixed it, I do not know exactly how. I just reinstalled my client!