[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimEchoes

Jul 29, 2019
Wise words of caution:
Don't leave a mutandis-borne redwood sapling alone near your witchery area.
It will eat your oven, along with the 3 fume funnels and brand new fume filter you put in. :(

4wNY9ma.png

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, I'm another coward, and waited quite a long time on the Enderman quest, and even then I used the 'make a two-block tall space to hide in' method. Flint is your friend as far as tools go, and hidey-holes at night are a must. By the way, spiders 'shed' silk, so when daytime comes, scour the area for resources. I remember how relieved I was to make that first bed.

KittenGrey

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since I restarted, but you just need to follow the questlines - the early botania and crop quests especially. From memory, I think you'll need to complete the essence seed quest before ores are available.

PS the enderman quest can wait - nothing depends on that afaik.

Yeah, I'm another coward, and waited quite a long time on the Enderman quest, and even then I used the 'make a two-block tall space to hide in' method. Flint is your friend as far as tools go, and hidey-holes at night are a must. By the way, spiders 'shed' silk, so when daytime comes, scour the area for resources. I remember how relieved I was to make that first bed.

awesome, thank you both for your replies. And glad to know I don't need to worry about the enderman quest yet
I play hardcore and have restarted a couple times already due to general me-being-a-failtard, but I know the last good run I had I started getting sidetracked and was fiddling with mariculture and feeding oysters sand to make pearls (pretty things are my weakness)
do spiders shed? I haven't run into any random loots yet, I've figured out how to at least breed up to cotton for the bed though (despite it taking a while and some frustration of 'you forgot to read the fine text about the soil requirements'.
lol while this modpack is awesome, I'm noticing it's easy to skip the small details that can make or break your efforts while you're playing

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
awesome, thank you both for your replies. And glad to know I don't need to worry about the enderman quest yet
I play hardcore and have restarted a couple times already due to general me-being-a-failtard, but I know the last good run I had I started getting sidetracked and was fiddling with mariculture and feeding oysters sand to make pearls (pretty things are my weakness)
do spiders shed? I haven't run into any random loots yet, I've figured out how to at least breed up to cotton for the bed though (despite it taking a while and some frustration of 'you forgot to read the fine text about the soil requirements'.
lol while this modpack is awesome, I'm noticing it's easy to skip the small details that can make or break your efforts while you're playing
Yep, spiders shed. So if you can trap one and manage to name it...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I only found out about the shedding recently. I'd been finding string all around for a while - I thought it was a result of the Creeper Wars.

Does anyone know if the Natura Nether trees need anything other than Tainted Soil to grow in the overworld? I managed to get a Darkwood sapling and planted it, but it has disappeared. :sadface:

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my base tour. I've been playing on this world for a while now, so it's pretty well established, but I still feel kind of embarrassed because there's so much of it that's half or three-quarters done. I'm a huge putter-arounder, so I'm really slow. Also no creative genius.

I'm going for a Thaumcraft-dominated base, resisting the strong pull of AE and the tech mods. My goal is to use the Inventarium to request things. I hope to be able to do it from at least two places in my base - I have an idea for that.

9QOYw0p.png

Album:
http://imgur.com/a/RkObO#0

Last edited:

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
NEI has a data dump for biomes, though I'm not sure if it includes temp/humdity data. It's under NEI Options (bottom left of inventory) -> Tools -> Data Dumps and generates a spreadsheets in the dumps folder in the directory where the pack is installed.

Awesome, that provided me with what I needed to know, thanks. For anyone interested in the details, Jungle biome is registered as .95 / .9. Blood magic turned my .9/.9 offering into mushroom island (registered as .9/1) , so I adjusted to .9/.8, which got me jungle.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Was that from just one sapling?

I grew mine from just one sapling. Of course, forewarned is half an octopus, so I'd planted it well away from anything. As a matter of fact, I put in my Witchery circle later to juuuuuust intersect the redwood (to get 'credit' for it at my altar).

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
A little bit. . . . "Testy"?

It doesn't take much to boggle your mind then:)

At least my post didn't go ignored. . . thanks for appreciating it enough to comment on it:)

You're quoting me in an attempt to make me look bad; I never said that in response to anything you said, so you must have gone back in the thread to find and quote that (April 9th, for anyone curious). How about you not?

GrimEchoes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble getting glintweed for one of the quests.
Have gone through ~8stacks of mutandis so far. Making them with a cauldron. Any tips?

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble getting glintweed for one of the quests.
Have gone through ~8stacks of mutandis so far. Making them with a cauldron. Any tips?

The mutandis step was a hole of RNG hell for me too. You just have to keep going, you'll get it eventually.

GrimEchoes

Jul 29, 2019
The mutandis step was a hole of RNG hell for me too. You just have to keep going, you'll get it eventually.
Gosh, that's pretty lame.
I think the next update should include some tweaks to the chances of getting witchery stuff. 10.5 stacks is how much I had to use to get a single glintweed...
hX2NTkS.png

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
There's actually something that gets unlocked by the "kill an enderman" quest, namely the quest to craft an ender seed. you can obviously do it before, and it will retroactively count the crafting

Reactions: SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's actually something that gets unlocked by the "kill an enderman" quest, namely the quest to craft an ender seed. you can obviously do it before, and it will retroactively count the crafting
Thanks for the correction!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any trouble getting magnesium for things like the Filtration Upgrade (for the fish tank)? At this point I've just decided to tweak the pack to create magnesium seeds and essence.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any trouble getting magnesium for things like the Filtration Upgrade (for the fish tank)? At this point I've just decided to tweak the pack to create magnesium seeds and essence.

I'm fairly certain that we all just do the quicklime+water thing, which isn't really hard considering that water and earth essence makes limestone and water is pretty easy to get.
EDIT: Just to clarify, that makes magnesium dust, which I usually throw into my smeltery with rutile ore.

Reactions: An0nymuS