[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Thaumonominahminomicon" instructs you to create a Thaumonomicon by waving a wand at a bookcase. This is incorrect, you need to wave your wand at a bookSHELF, the bookcase is a completely different object.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Thaumonominahminomicon" instructs you to create a Thaumonomicon by waving a wand at a bookcase. This is incorrect, you need to wave your wand at a bookSHELF, the bookcase is a completely different object.

I think it's a rather logical assumption that a vanilla bookshelf should be used, as opposed to a bibliocraft bookcase. In fact, I seem to recall the thaumonomicon recipe showing up in NEI, but that may just be me.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
That so? I just looked at that exact quest, and the questbook uses the exact word "bookcase." In fact, it even says bookcase twice. Perhaps you'd best read a little better before you say a quest is wrong?

it's funny that you tell me I need to read better, when you are in fact the one who read wrongly. perhaps you should re-read my post.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
it's funny that you tell me I need to read better, when you are in fact the one who read wrongly. perhaps you should re-read my post.

I recognized my mistake and immediately fixed what I said. My current point is still rather valid, however. Besides, why would you wave a wand at a bookcase if it has important books in it? That's just a foolish assumption that it would replace all those books with a thaumonomicon. It's much more logical to assume that the vanilla bookshelf is the intended target.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
Please check your facts before you continously make incorrect claims. The Thaumonomicon does not have a recipe in NEI.

I don't know why I'm getting into an argument about it. I came here to be helpful, to point out a very easy to fix typo which might catch a player out. If they followed the instructions and make a bookcase and tried to wave your wand at it (impossible, because right-clicking on a bookcase open's it's inventory) the only way to find out why it wasn't working would be to look up the Thamonomicon recipe online.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Please check your facts before you continously make incorrect claims. The Thaumonomicon does not have a recipe in NEI.

I don't know why I'm getting into an argument about it. I came here to be helpful, to point out a very easy to fix typo which might catch a player out. If they followed the instructions and make a bookcase and tried to wave your wand at it (impossible, because right-clicking on a bookcase open's it's inventory) the only way to find out why it wasn't working would be to look up the Thamonomicon recipe online.

I did state that I may be wrong about the NEI recipe, and if I waved my wand at a bibliocraft book storage block for whatever reason and it didn't work, I'd likely think "Hmm, I sure bet that Thaumcraft was originally designed to use a vanilla bookshelf, since mods generally don't have inane, single-instance cross-mod compatabilities with no vanilla alternatives, let me try that since that's the next logical step." Furthermore, your problem would seem to be a rather isolated case, considering how you're the first person I've seen so far to make that mistake.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. I made the 3x3 base under the node, surrounded it with a 3x3 donut of glass, and covered the node with another 3x3 base, and put 3x3 spruce slabs on top of that. I even double checked the setup when I was about to try to capture the energized node; even mathed it out originally so I wouldn't be stuck with excess glass.

EDIT: And when I tried to remove the transducer, the node just up and exploded, so I honestly have no clue what to do about that. I just spawned a node in a jar so I could complete that one quest, considering how I don't want to blow up all the nodes I have trying to complete it.
I haven't done much of Thaumcraft, but have you tried using oak slabs instead of spruce?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I said previously that I looked in the thaumonomicon, no? I mean, how else can I look at the recipe in the thaumonomicon if I've not researched the process and the recipe in the thaumonomicon?

According to the recipe in the thaumonomicon, that's the only node it'll work on. And I'd also like to point out that I previously stated that I went to the thaumonomicon description of using an energized node after trying and failing to capture a regular non-energized node.

At first I thought you must be misreading things. So, I went through the thaumonicon and looked at the entry. AH-HAH, I thought, noting that nowhere in the text does it mention energized nodes. Then I moused over the node in the diagram. Strangely enough, it does say energized aura node. I must assure you, however, that node jarring is not meant to be performed on an energized node. You are almost guaranteed to have your energized node explode when you remove the transducer, not to mention the fact that removing the transducer would cause it to lose it's energized status.

If you have been unable to capture a normal node in a jar, I would make certain that you haven't misplaced and of the glass around the node, and that you have enough essentia in your wand. I believe you said earlier that you have been using a thaumium capped silverwood wand... which definitely can hold enough essentia.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a BuildCraft question. Is there any way to actually not use engines to power wooden extraction pipes to get items into the pipe network, or am I stuck with a ton of engines?
If you've gotten to the point where you can craft gates and pulsating chipsets, you should be able to craft autarchic gates for that purpose. Before I reached that point, I was using obsidian pipes 2 blocks below open crates to get items into my pipe network.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
question does anyone know why my decanting golem doesnt want to work? he stands there doing nothing when my alembics are full

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be the road lines?
Delgar3 and Tetshio got it. Though for some reason I was thinking that concrete was a false positive when I tried to remember which it was, insomnia ftw I suppose.
question does anyone know why my decanting golem doesnt want to work? he stands there doing nothing when my alembics are full

Pics of what you see when looking at things with a golem bell?

Btw Testyman, I feel like your forum profile picture should be one of the "Wrath" symbols from Botania or Thaumcraft, given the general feelings here today. XD

lBrainDeadl

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason my air pump doesn't want to produce Natural gas and I have no idea why. I searched underwater for Gas Leaks, mined down there and found a cave with natural gas (I also get the negative effects). I put down my air pump, connected a Hobbyist's Steam Engine with a quartz and wooden kinesis pipe and put a Mariculture fluid tank next to the air pump - nothing happens. Also when I tried to pump the gas out of the pump using an emerald fluid pipe nothing happened. I saw a video on YouTube and they used the exact same setup I use and it worked for them.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason my air pump doesn't want to produce Natural gas and I have no idea why. I searched underwater for Gas Leaks, mined down there and found a cave with natural gas (I also get the negative effects). I put down my air pump, connected a Hobbyist's Steam Engine with a quartz and wooden kinesis pipe and put a Mariculture fluid tank next to the air pump - nothing happens. Also when I tried to pump the gas out of the pump using an emerald fluid pipe nothing happened. I saw a video on YouTube and they used the exact same setup I use and it worked for them.
I think it got changed recently, for this pack or in general I'm not sure. Can you still pump it with a basic redstone signal?