[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
He only had one book, and it was upgraded. We don't have un-upgraded books atm
Hmm... hard to say, then. I never experienced this error myself, though as far as I am aware my Lexica was upgraded already when Enchiridion 2 was added.

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... hard to say, then. I never experienced this error myself, though as far as I am aware my Lexica was upgraded already when Enchiridion 2 was added.

Its very annoying having to ask him to look stuff up for me so I can craft it.
And I have now just discovered that I crash when looking up botania recipes in NEI

EDIT:
I just logged back in after a crash and opened/read an un-upgraded version of the Lexica Botania, but still crashed when trying to read an entry in the upgraded version

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Its very annoying having to ask him to look stuff up for me so I can craft it.
And I have now just discovered that I crash when looking up botania recipes in NEI

EDIT:
I just logged back in after a crash and opened/read an un-upgraded version of the Lexica Botania, but still crashed when trying to read an entry in the upgraded version
This is all very odd...

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Has anyone figured out how to unlock more than the first three thaumcraft quests (Cauldron, Wand, Thaumometer)? I have toyed around quite a bit, but I am still not sure. The questbook shows a 23% completion rate.
Have you done a lot of witchery? You'll probably get more thaumcraft quests after you make a treefyd seed for a greatwood sapling.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to unlock more than the first three thaumcraft quests (Cauldron, Wand, Thaumometer)? I have toyed around quite a bit, but I am still not sure. The questbook shows a 23% completion rate.

Have you done a lot of witchery? You'll probably get more thaumcraft quests after you make a treefyd seed for a greatwood sapling.
and make sure you do the quest for the treefyd seed in the witchery line

Valacar

Jul 29, 2019
So I have another question. I just set up a couple of banks of the Custom Redstone Flux Boxes, and I had power feeding into them from my Commercial Steam Engine with Quartz Kinesis Pipes, there is a spot where the pipes split off to two separate banks of the boxes, and to my machines. The intersection Quartz pipe keeps disappearing after everything was fully charged, and the Engine was shut down, I noticed it looked like there was power flowing through the pipe when I replaced it. Is it that I am overloading the pipe and it is exploding or some other bug? I am tempted to replace the intersecting pipe with a Diamond Kinesis pipe, but I don't know if its a good idea right now. I was building the banks so when I get an assembly table and lasers installed in the system I have enough back up power to run those for a while. Any Ideas would be most helpful. I just rehooked up a Quartz pipe, and noticed the flux box next to it has drained out its 6k rf. As for the size of the banks. I have one in the basement, which is 3 x 10 x 4 with another row halfway complete. so about 132 boxes, so it's storing around 792,000 Rf. The second bank is my wall around about a 3rd of my base, with glass on the inside face so it acts as a oneway wall and is about 200 boxes, at 1.2 mill rf stored. Yeah I actually might be overloading that pipe after all. lol. Thanks for any support I can get.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I just went through and reorganized my essentia storage. I'm really happy with the way it all looks and thought I would share :)

The drawers look great with the phials, don't they?

I wish there was a little more contrast with the crystallized essence though. I have to squint a little to find the right one sometimes.

2015-04-11_10.52.20 (1024x602).jpg

I need to make a few more emerald storage upgrades ...

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had a problem trying to find nether salt ore? I can't seem to find any, just a ton of saltpeter ore.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found some. And about 10 blocks under my portal, too.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
There's a reputation meter or three at the second menu of the quest book, I'd suggest trying to increase your standing in the one magic related. ;)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So here's a crash I've never seen before, and just after I started using my inscriber too. It crashed me all the way back to the launcher in one very fast move, after I experienced what I think may have been the game loosing track of everything as nothing updated the way it was supposed to. I will note, I hadn't closed the world since I set the inscriber down, so it doesn't seem to match the usual bug. The inscriber also wasn't running at the time.
[08:50:29] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:349]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 4/11/15 8:50 AM
Description: Ticking GridNode

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking GridNode
at appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber.getTask(TileInscriber.java:314)
at appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber.hasWork(TileInscriber.java:335)
at appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber.tickingRequest(TileInscriber.java:439)
at appeng.me.cache.TickManagerCache.onUpdateTick(TickManagerCache.java:89)
at appeng.me.GridCacheWrapper.onUpdateTick(GridCacheWrapper.java:40)
at appeng.me.Grid.update(Grid.java:265)
at appeng.hooks.TickHandler.onTick(TickHandler.java:262)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_448_TickHandler_onTick_TickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:247)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:590)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber.getTask(TileInscriber.java:314)
at appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber.hasWork(TileInscriber.java:335)
at appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber.tickingRequest(TileInscriber.java:439)

-- TileInscriber being ticked. --
Details:
CurrentTickRate: 1
MinTickRate: 1
MaxTickRate: 1
MachineType: appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber
GridBlockType: appeng.me.helpers.AENetworkProxy
ConnectedSides: []
Stacktrace:
at appeng.me.cache.TickManagerCache.onUpdateTick(TickManagerCache.java:89)
at appeng.me.GridCacheWrapper.onUpdateTick(GridCacheWrapper.java:40)
at appeng.me.Grid.update(Grid.java:265)
at appeng.hooks.TickHandler.onTick(TickHandler.java:262)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_448_TickHandler_onTick_TickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:247)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:590)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 3.13.0-49-generic
Java Version: 1.7.0_51, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 881875544 bytes (841 MB) / 2181038080 bytes (2080 MB) up to 3817865216 bytes (3641 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:permSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 35
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1291 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 101 mods loaded, 101 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)

kanix

Jul 29, 2019
Just went to make an ME controller and it needs sky stone. Doesn't seem to be a recipe for this and I dont think meteorites are spawning in this pack? Any ideas on how to obtain sky stone?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. it is a proper mana pool and i have even cheated in a creative pool on the server and that had the same problem so its not a in game problem so to speak. Not sure what problem could cause it only on the server side and not the client side....

As for nei, that solved most of my issues thanks however funnily enough the recipe for mana pearl still crashes my game haha. So everything to do with creating mana pearls are broken on my server...... wether thats looking up the recipe or actually making it.
There is an alchemy catalyst under the mana pool correct? (I ask because I got bit by this one)

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
do i have to consider the y level when mining ores in the nether ? atm im at 23 and searching for salt/amber ore and i dont know if they can even spawn there. i just dont want to be annoyed by all the stuff going on the the nether so i digged down.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Just went to make an ME controller and it needs sky stone. Doesn't seem to be a recipe for this and I dont think meteorites are spawning in this pack? Any ideas on how to obtain sky stone?
2 Livingrock into the Alfheim portal - this is a quest in the HQM book.

do i have to consider the y level when mining ores in the nether ? atm im at 23 and searching for salt/amber ore and i dont know if they can even spawn there. i just dont want to be annoyed by all the stuff going on the the nether so i digged down.
All nether ores are configured to generate at any Y-level, so no, no need to consider it. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There is an alchemy catalyst under the mana pool correct? (I ask because I got bit by this one)
Ahh - pretty sure you don't need a catalyst for a mana pearl in 0.74. I haven't gotten to the point of making a catalyst yet and have been making mana pearls for a number of the magic crops seeds and things.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd share an "aha moment" I just had. Instead of building massive, expensive B-Space barrels everywhere you need some common resource (like I did with coal), just set up one of those barrels with a hopper upgrade. Have it dispense into a simpler tier-2 barrel with a B-Space upgrade, then put clones of that barrel in the various places you need coal. Saves a lot of headache, especially every time you find out you need a new one. Creating a brand-new Tier 5 or above barrel is a pain.
LOL, here's another one for JABBA: You can't see all the upgrades installed on your barrel unless you have a JABBA item in your hand. I kept installing upgrades, then the icons would disappear. Blamed it on a rendering glitch - actually it was just the fact that once the upgrade was installed, I was no longer holding a JABBA item.

2015-04-11_13.20.52.png

vs.

2015-04-11_13.21.04.png

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to remember a quest giving a stack of it to you, but I can't remember which one did so sadly.

Edit; Ninja'd, though I still don't remember getting any sky stone from the alfheim portal, maybe that's a thing that changed in .7.

hypernova132

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, it doesn't seem to be the world with the issue, at least it doesn't look like it. Have you done the usual backup/redownload/reinstall of the pack and launcher?
I have tried updating the pack but not reinstall of pack or launcher. I will try that and tell you if it fixes anything though.