[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to milk cows automatically in the pack? I would like to use a cake factory and the Kekimurus flower to generate lots of mana (I'm currently starting on Thaumcraft research for Golems to autocraft).
Thaumcraft should offer you at least one or two options there. Golems may be able to do it, and thirsty tanks can be given a "Glyph of the Bovine"<?> which I think can help with that.

edit: I have gone temporarily blind.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
the question is i am a little stuck at the nether mining thing, it says i need something better then thaumium, i am going storywise from the book so i didnt start thaumcraft or anything. what material should i make the pick as alumite isnt enought.
If you happen to find a diamond in a random loot (or work your way through the magic crops quests to get them) and attach it to your alumite pick, it will have the Thaumium mining level.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I have a concern, since I started into thaumcraft, I keep hearing a "Zap" sound, like the one wisp makes, but I don't see any of them, and I keep hearing it even on Peaceful.

Is that a warp thing or what? I only researched "Research Mastery" and got that palpitant sound with sighly screen blur once.
The only explanation could be the 2 nodes interacting or something

Also, I have been hearing random explosion sounds, even without any sight of creepers, but I think that might be the unateded redstone engines...

It's nothing to concern yourself with. Dabbling with magic can cause a person to slowly go insane, but really, who wants their sanity. Don't worry about those purple messages, everything will be fine.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Magzie Here, I have the newest episode up. Come check it out. I plan to have iron by the next episode. rofl

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid transport.. any methods other than BC/Mekanism pipes? I've never used Railcraft, but it looks like there's fluid loader/unloaders and a tank cart, which might be cooler than pipes. I'd like to setup some fluid creation crucible furnaces and supply things around the base, but running pipes all over isn't inspiring me.. :)

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid transport.. any methods other than BC/Mekanism pipes? I've never used Railcraft, but it looks like there's fluid loader/unloaders and a tank cart, which might be cooler than pipes. I'd like to setup some fluid creation crucible furnaces and supply things around the base, but running pipes all over isn't inspiring me.. :)
Golem Animation Core: Decanting, I think. Says it can move around liquids, though I've never tried with liquid metals before. Could be fun.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So, in my efforts to automate essence production, I need to keep a hobbyist steam engine stocked with coal to power the attacked laser to craft the essences. So I thought I'd set up a B-Space barrel with coal for a golem to pull out of. Guess what kind of inventories golems don't seem to work with? Unless I'm doing it wrong, I suppose. For anyone interested, I set the fill golem on the engine, right clicked it with a golemancer's bell, and right clicked the barrel. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'll have to find bound chests in Thaumcraft to try those.

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone encountered the issue where the area of effect graphic for botania flowers only shows solid gray instead of the color cycling it usually did?
It just started yesterday. I don't know that I changed anything but it's bothersome now.
oUOH4a0.png

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So, setting my golem to fill a hobbyist engine from a bound chest doesn't work, I'm going to try setting it to empty from the chest to the engine. Hopefully it'll interact with it that way; I really hate having to set up BC pipe overflow loops, and with the golem trying to refill the chest that I'd have to set to the engine, it'd eventually cause a massive overflow in the network.

EDIT: The other core doesn't work either. It would seem that golem's refuse to interact with railcraft engines, but I've not tested that. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Scratch that, after unpausing the game, little dude started shuffling coal blocks, so I guess we're good. Maybe there's a delay or something? Idk, alls I know is that I finally got essence crafting infrastructure set up for when I finally get m first essence farm going. Now off to finish the actual essence crafting chain and set up the rest of the crafting bits with crafty crates and off-site smelteries and whatnot... yay.

Last edited:

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone encountered the issue where the area of effect graphic for botania flowers only shows solid gray instead of the color cycling it usually did?
It just started yesterday. I don't know that I changed anything but it's bothersome now.
oUOH4a0.png
I didn't know there was an area of effect display for flowers. how do you turn that on?

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
Aren't BC pipes supposed to be fixed? They still don't work with the smeltery.
They work for me. I have a fairly complicated BC system for my smeltery that pipes out the liquids with a wooden fluid pipe, then redirects it using diamond fluid pipes into separate block casters, which in turn have their contents pulled out by BC item pipes. So many wooden engines and redstone torches... I really have to get around to making a laser crafting system.

Mr_Hosed

Jul 29, 2019
oUOH4a0.png

This is caused when you try to view the Area of Effect on a flower with the Mob Spawnable Block indicator turned on (F7). Just turn that off and you're good. I usually leave it off anyways as it lags even on my relatively powerful PC.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So, in my efforts to automate essence production, I need to keep a hobbyist steam engine stocked with coal to power the attacked laser to craft the essences. So I thought I'd set up a B-Space barrel with coal for a golem to pull out of. Guess what kind of inventories golems don't seem to work with? Unless I'm doing it wrong, I suppose. For anyone interested, I set the fill golem on the engine, right clicked it with a golemancer's bell, and right clicked the barrel. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'll have to find bound chests in Thaumcraft to try those.
I'm also pretty sure the Fill core requires that you specify a filter of items for it to collect.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also pretty sure the Fill core requires that you specify a filter of items for it to collect.

Ahh, that may have been it, thanks. Good news, in the meantime, I've swapped to an empty core which is working marvelously, and I'm currently recessing my piping and setting up hopperhocks to collect the drops. I should have planned out my farms just a wee bit better, I'm having to tear up stairs and stuff to get the item frames onto the chests so the hopperhocks will filter correctly. That wouldn't be so much of a problem for me (sojourner's sash and all) if it weren't for the fact that I think my farms are just close enough for a harvest golem to get 3 floors from a single placement and that golems can't jump as high as I can. But at least I have a viable automation system set up now, so the hardest part is done.

CaptainHerlock

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, that may have been it, thanks. Good news, in the meantime, I've swapped to an empty core which is working marvelously, and I'm currently recessing my piping and setting up hopperhocks to collect the drops. I should have planned out my farms just a wee bit better, I'm having to tear up stairs and stuff to get the item frames onto the chests so the hopperhocks will filter correctly. That wouldn't be so much of a problem for me (sojourner's sash and all) if it weren't for the fact that I think my farms are just close enough for a harvest golem to get 3 floors from a single placement and that golems can't jump as high as I can. But at least I have a viable automation system set up now, so the hardest part is done.

Would you mind sharing some pictures? I'd love to see your setup (as well as anyone elses) that are farther along in the pack than I am. Thanks!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind sharing some pictures? I'd love to see your setup (as well as anyone elses) that are farther along in the pack than I am. Thanks!

Mine's utterly terrible, messy, disorganized, likely full of extraneous bits, and not quite complete, but yeah, I guess I'll show you what I've got. I'm ordering a pizza atm, so I'll be a bit, but I'll post pictures some time in the next hour or so, probably.

Reactions: CaptainHerlock

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
Outstanding modpack. Very pleased with the play experience so far.

It seems to work well with Fastcraft and utility mobs (The world is very very lonely without a few Golems running around and pretending to be residents) I love the agricraft core... super creative.

The best part is, after playing for 3 days I still feel like I am barely getting started. (2-3 hours a night). Many modpacks I would feel like I was already in the endgame by this point, but in this one each quest feels like a real achievement... and I am enjoying each special point along the way... the first time I made wheat 10/10/10, finally getting a roof on my house, making a full suit of wooden armor so I can finally do something at night, my first sapling alone felt like the culmination of most modpacks.

Unlike other 'slow development' modpacks, however, there is always something to do, rather than just waiting around for stacks of stone to cook or watching the plants grow. I really enjoy the lack of reliance on bulk labor and the way it sort of guides and educates you through each mod...

The interdependence of agricraft/witchery/magical crops for developing world materials is especially artful, as it hauls magical crops, especially, out of the realm of 'op' and directly into 'just right'. and the addition of storage drawers (and it's organizational system) masterfully sets the stage for later applied energistics, making each technological advancement feel organic instead of just picking and choosing for the most powerful options of each system. You are not overloaded with choices unless you dig really deeply into NEI, and yet you do not feel forced to ignore anything either...

And using HQM as a way of 'guiding' players through the pack instead of yet another heavy-handed "Let's make a super hard challenge to alienate everyone but twitchy 13 year olds" was a masterstroke, creating a pack that is challenging for both peaceful and hardcore players, solo and server.