[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Just wanted to stop by and let you know how much both my friends, and I are enjoying this awesome pack. There's so much care in making sure things link up, get you to think, to use mods, force you to slow down and be patient... It just makes a unique experience for an HQM pack when you aren't looking for weeks of grind just to fulfill quests. Great job, and thanks to you (and your team?) for an excellent pack. We're all enjoying it now, but I can't wait to recommend this to every MC player i know once it's finished.

Also ... Direwolves x__x.
Botania has a brew under the complex brews section that stops all natural spawns within 128 blocks of you. Could always look into that if direwolves are getting on your nerves.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
btw wondering about blood magic altars. i usually use mobs. any good way to automate a farm? is their an item that allows you to keep the spawner active even if no players are around in a chunkloaded area?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
btw wondering about blood magic altars. i usually use mobs. any good way to automate a farm? is their an item that allows you to keep the spawner active even if no players are around in a chunkloaded area?
I believe the item you are looking for is called the "life imbuer" from botania. I could have the spelling wrong.

Definitely just look for it in your lexica botania ;)

Yoshiyuki_

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the item you are looking for is called the "life imbuer" from botania. I could have the spelling wrong.

Definitely just look for it in your lexica botania ;)
Cursed earth under a spawner, except thats extra utilities (and not in regrowth), so I thank you for telling me this alternative.

Rayn

Jul 29, 2019
the well of suffering doesnt actually do much damage and it ticks fairly slow ... so if only you could find some beings or things that could regenerate faster ;)

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I don't know where this was hiding, but for those of us that were talking about altar power.. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYsLU-07vTtWRfWT2QAh070MAnJGzfu4oX4shcl74ys/edit#gid=0. It's not mine, just found it in the comments of Ako The Builder's Regrowth Lets Play.
This list looks like it could be for MC 1.6. Flower names, absence of the new tree types, etc. My testing with BoP was far less encouraging than what's suggested here, so depending on how a mod transitioned to 1.7 is probably a factor here.

Still, a lot of the information here fits the model I've described earlier from testing, so it should be a useful reference. Just check before trying to maximize your mod plantings.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
As I can get more witches coven?
Need 2 more to summon the Imp Falme but can not find them as before.
There will be some possibility of create a witch coven spawn egg?
Explore a bit. almost every stone circle in the world has a coven witch near it.

RTiger

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i can't seem to get the yellow dye to cross breed from sugarcane and Watermelons? I'm i using the wrong crops? I'm sure NEI said that was the way but no luck so far?
Trying to make dandelion seeds? You need untilled soil.

deadwolfdusk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that it would be changed to preserve the balance of other mods. The magic crops essence plants needing magic fertilizer is one thing, and I seem to recall that silverwoods and greatwoods used to not respond to bonemeal.

Silverwoods and greatwoods never responded to bonemeal, ever. You needed to wait for those to grow or use a Hoe of Growth to instantly grow the tree. Perhaps another way to balance the magic crops' need for magic fertilizer would be to require more mana or increase the tick time, or both, for the Agricarnations if they're growing those types of crops? That way it's more of a mana sink rather than a road block?

Have you tried using the Magical Fertilizer from that modpack? There is a quest that pops up that requires you to make some, but it looks like a glowy swirl in the NEI.

I know about the Magical Fertilizer, but the Agricarnations made it a little more automated in speeding up their growth. There may be a way to produce the fertilizer and automate it's use on the magic crops, but it almost sounds like more of a pain for little real gain.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
the well of suffering doesnt actually do much damage and it ticks fairly slow ... so if only you could find some beings or things that could regenerate faster ;)
This.

Get some witches in a well of suffering (witch spawners are common) and you have unlimited LP. They heal faster than the well hurts them so infinite LP.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
This list looks like it could be for MC 1.6. Flower names, absence of the new tree types, etc. My testing with BoP was far less encouraging than what's suggested here, so depending on how a mod transitioned to 1.7 is probably a factor here.

Still, a lot of the information here fits the model I've described earlier from testing, so it should be a useful reference. Just check before trying to maximize your mod plantings.

I wasn't thinking that it was an old list, and I surprise there isn't more of these out there(updated). As many charts players make for these mods this should be a good one to make one for. What kills me is a few versions of the pack ago I tested if witchery crops on cropsticks would boost the altar and it did. But it seems to not now.

Anyways, what is the highest you/anyone "ever" gotten there alter power up to? What is the most a task from witchery require from the altar? Mine is currently at 12762.

Edit: just bumped it to 14016. For some reason I feel happy its that high, but I know someone has there/had it to 50000 and mine pals in comparison.lol

Last edited:
Reactions: JustHeyo

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't thinking that it was an old list, and I surprise there isn't more of these out there(updated). As many charts players make for these mods this should be a good one to make one for. What kills me is a few versions of the pack ago I tested if witchery crops on cropsticks would boost the altar and it did. But it seems to not now.

Anyways, what is the highest you/anyone "ever" gotten there alter power up to? What is the most a task from witchery require from the altar? Mine is currently at 12762.

Edit: just bumped it to 14016. For some reason I feel happy its that high, but I know someone has there/had it to 50000 and mine pals in comparison.lol

I smell a new contest for who has the highest Witchery altar power! :D Mine is currently at about 12.5k but I am still at work, so no chance to bump it up right now; however, I am missing the Thaumcraft tress in there.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019

I've only done testing to date. I'm still rolling my new server pack. But pretty much the only thing I want to do when I start is build an amazingly decorated Witchery forest temple. If that gets me a high alter power, that's just a bonus.

With a couple major tree providers installed (BoP, ExBL, Natura, etc.), 20,000+ should be easy if you're optimizing for alter power. You've got a 28x28x28 cage centered on the alter to make use of.

RTiger

Jul 29, 2019
To get nether essence I need nether seeds, and to get nether seeds I need... nether essence... What am I missing here? I have made a few trips to the nether already, gathering netherrack and soul sand.

Yoshiyuki_

Jul 29, 2019
To get nether essence I need nether seeds, and to get nether seeds I need... nether essence... What am I missing here? I have made a few trips to the nether already, gathering netherrack and soul sand.
A quest reward for nether essence. Because I don't know how exactly but I have 2 nether essence before I have iron essence.