[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
The changes are recipe changes. The closest non-recipe change that I'm aware of is the expanding of mutandis-plant options. Furthermore, it's rather doubtful that any modpack maker would alter the non-recipe functionality of most mods, especially one as complicated and well self-documented as Witchery is, considering how looking in the books for circle magic setups and whatnot would cause quite a bit of confusion. What you're suggesting is a reasonable assumption is similar to asking if circle magic uses triangles instead of circles because the pack changes recipes, which I simply can't say is a logical conclusion at all.
You refered to people using the internet and I merely suggested people should be wary of relying on the internet as the total source of their problem solving solutions. You read too much into my reply.

FraniXMC

Jul 29, 2019
As I can get more witches coven?
Need 2 more to summon the Imp Falme but can not find them as before.
There will be some possibility of create a witch coven spawn egg?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
You refered to people using the internet and I merely suggested people should be wary of relying on the internet as the total source of their problem solving solutions. You read too much into my reply.

Actually, you read too much into mine. I never suggested using Internet sources to answer all questions about the modpack. I simply cited the the Witchery site as one of two different references that could be used, and I actually originally said to check the Witchery books, not the Internet.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, you read too much into mine. I never suggested using Internet sources to answer all questions about the modpack. I simply cited the the Witchery site as one of two different references that could be used, and I actually originally said to check the Witchery books, not the Internet.
I never suggested you did. I merely made an additional point. You are taking it very personally.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I never suggested you did. I merely made an additional point. You are taking it very personally.

I'm afraid that I'm not taking anything personally. My only issue here is that you dismissed my entire post (helpful and correct as it was) as nonsense by suggesting that I was somehow wrong because some recipes found on the Internet may not match up with those in Regrowth, and what I was talking about had absolutely nothing to do with recipes. Anyone just happening by therefore would be less likely to trust my information and would be worse off because you tried to invalidate what I was saying.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid that I'm not taking anything personally. My only issue here is that you dismissed my entire post (helpful and correct as it was) as nonsense by suggesting that I was somehow wrong because some recipes found on the Internet may not match up with those in Regrowth, and what I was talking about had absolutely nothing to do with recipes. Anyone just happening by therefore would be less likely to trust my information and would be worse off because you tried to invalidate what I was saying.
This is no place to discuss how you read other peoples suggestions. Take it out of the forums if you wish to continually dismiss my comments by making personal remarks about a comment I made.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Seeing some behavior that's a low-level irritation, and hopefully there's a setting to stop it.

There are many times that I set visually identical items with different characteristics in a specific order in my hotbar - such as analyzed seeds for replanting. As I am going through and planting them, I will sometimes hear a 'pop' and one of the items moves to another slot. It's similar to the 'auto-refill' that I thought was part of NEI, but it doesn't always move into the active slot, and sometimes briefly moves out of the active slot. To make matters more frustrating, I can't find the setting in NEI that would enable/disable auto-refill, so I can't even check to see if that's what it is.

Any ideas?

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
But what if you want to breed the Bee? You need an actual ore block to place the Apiary down on :(
IDK, I guess you could NEI just 1 block in to breed the bee and delete it after you got the bee. I know it's cheating, but since it's required to mutate it, I personally would consider that option as a temporary solution. Maybe @thephoenixlodge would consider adding a quest that gives out 1 block in the Bees and Fish page of the book if he expands that chapter eventually to allow the breeding to be done, for those of us that like bees.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing some behavior that's a low-level irritation, and hopefully there's a setting to stop it.

There are many times that I set visually identical items with different characteristics in a specific order in my hotbar - such as analyzed seeds for replanting. As I am going through and planting them, I will sometimes hear a 'pop' and one of the items moves to another slot. It's similar to the 'auto-refill' that I thought was part of NEI, but it doesn't always move into the active slot, and sometimes briefly moves out of the active slot. To make matters more frustrating, I can't find the setting in NEI that would enable/disable auto-refill, so I can't even check to see if that's what it is.

Any ideas?

It's Inventory Tweaks, I believe. Hit the little ... at the top right of your inventory and muck around in there until you can find auto-refill. It's a good idea in theory, but it's always slow for me and never works out right.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
It's Inventory Tweaks, I believe. Hit the little ... at the top right of your inventory and muck around in there until you can find auto-refill. It's a good idea in theory, but it's always slow for me and never works out right.

Yeah, the auto-refill functionality is partially working properly (sometimes there are a few seconds between refills, sometimes I expect it to happen and it doesn't), and it happens not only with seeds, but also with crop sticks, essences, stacks of dirt/whatever building mats and whatever else happens to be in my inventory.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

poplijm

Jul 29, 2019
Try turning Anisotropic Filtering off. Think I saw this solution a few pages back for someone with a similar issue to yours.
yes, if i turn off my anastrophic the wood is fine but then i see all kinds of weird white stripes between my blocks

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Thanks, that was exactly what and where it was. If it was predictable, it would be useful, but when a (relatively) low end seed suddenly pops up above a closer-to-top end seed, it screws up my breeding.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that was exactly what and where it was. If it was predictable, it would be useful, but when a (relatively) low end seed suddenly pops up above a closer-to-top end seed, it screws up my breeding.

It usually replaces with the first stack it can find in your inventory. That said, I always found it too slow, and when I'd put something in the used-up slot, it'd update and move things around. It's good if you're building a lot with the same material, but I remember it being better like a year ago or something. Now, the auto-refill is more clunky and annoying than actually helpful.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed this:

Which led me to Botania's changelog:

Has this been patched in Regrowth to affect Magical Crops or is it nowhere near as useful now?

I believe the answer to your question... is that you're asking the wrong question. Your concerns were addressed in this post.

If you guys are talking about the newest botania update change to agricarnations, I actually updated botania myself and tested this in a test world. Put down about 20 agricarnations next to some diamond magic crops, and it absolutely sped their growth up like crazy.

I thik that change is involving some entirely different bug where agricarnations were wasting all their mana on some plant thing that doesn't need to be bonemealed but the agricarnations were trying anyway.

keeperoflenneth

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Just wanted to stop by and let you know how much both my friends, and I are enjoying this awesome pack. There's so much care in making sure things link up, get you to think, to use mods, force you to slow down and be patient... It just makes a unique experience for an HQM pack when you aren't looking for weeks of grind just to fulfill quests. Great job, and thanks to you (and your team?) for an excellent pack. We're all enjoying it now, but I can't wait to recommend this to every MC player i know once it's finished.

Also ... Direwolves x__x.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 24 is out. Today I faced off against the Shade of Leonard... and things did not go well.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 24 is out. Today I faced off against the Shade of Leonard... and things did not go well.
Already watched it and you definitely had an interesting experience. Good luck on the 2nd try! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to improve your powers! I'm not looking forward to going after him myself....