[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
And you missed mine, if she was 10+ she would have already been exposed to Damn many times, its your choice to let her see them at 8 and you should deal with it not raise it as an issue. I also take it you havent taken her to church that has hell and damnation left right and centre.
Edit
While I think on the matter you have a very strange set of ethics, its not ok to use the word damn but its ok to expose your child to witchery and blood magic and killing. Id be more worried about those than the word damn.

Um I really do think you're confused, go back a read the exchange please .
reesylou was commenting on SOMEONE else having an issue with the word damn not herself or daughter.
Also tread carefully when giving 'advice' or 'opinions' to other parents about their parenting choice or techniques probably not the right forum for that to be happening here.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, I think you missed my point. The entire point I was making was that there were good and bad things, and she need not be over-shielded from the bad things because that's life, and I am there to help her understand/process and develop her own views on that sort of stuff.
I hear what you're saying. As my son gets older (he's not even walking yet) I hope to remember parenting decisions like these.

Reactions: reesylou

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Although I like your parenting skills, I do however have to point out you are letting your daughter play a 10+ recommended game and you have to take the good and the bad that this brings.

I agree that the good comes with the bad as far as any video game. But, ESRB ratings, like movie ratings, are supposed to be a guide for parents. Some 8-year-olds are mature enough to deal with the scary and/or frustrating aspects of Minecraft - some 13-year-olds aren't. Talk to your kids. Get to know what they're capable of handling. (They might surprise you!)

And I have to say, I've run across mods that aren't in this pack that would jack the frustration/scary factor to T.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah NEI 0.7.3 is def broken, just tried to look up blaze essence uses and it crashed.
More than likely a continuance of previous NEI problems, I'm running just fine on 0.7.3.

edit: Yep, still the same ol' NEI issue. Any consecutive world starts in a single instance of Regrowth makes NEI unhappy :(

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Oh the blondie has an opinion too, must make a note that some people just butt in just for the sake of making noise. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them, everyone uses them, take from that what you will.
LPT: Ad hominem doesn't tend to improve your argument.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
LPT: Ad hominem doesn't tend to improve your argument.
Like everyone else you seem to think Im arguing not making statements. I dont care if people take my opinion or not I dont care if advise is taken from my opinions. What I do care about is people telling me what I can and can not do. My opinions are exactly that. My opinions. I never told reesylou to change her parental style nor did I imply she was wrong. All I said was if it was me I wouldnt allow an 8 year old child near witchery. If blondie choose to read what I wrote out of context and make an inappropriate response, then I have the right to reply back to her response.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Like everyone else you seem to think Im arguing not making statements. I dont care if people take my opinion or not I dont care if advise is taken from my opinions. What I do care about is people telling me what I can and can not do. My opinions are exactly that. My opinions. I never told reesylou to change her parental style nor did I imply she was wrong. All I said was if it was me I wouldnt allow an 8 year old child near witchery. If blondie choose to read what I wrote out of context and make an inappropriate response, then I have the right to reply back to her response.
Very well then, go on as you like.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, I think you missed my point. The entire point I was making was that there were good and bad things, and she need not be over-shielded from the bad things because that's life, and I am there to help her understand/process and develop her own views on that sort of stuff.

Lots of respect. I really enjoy seeing that others play minecraft with their kids too :) My co-players range in age from 6-11, and while the younger ones prefer creative vanilla, the oldest will play on LAN with me and it's generally a good time. I agree 100% on the cursing issue. Children are just adults in training, I feel like my job as a parent is to prepare them to deal with the crazy that life throws at them, and that includes teaching tolerance and respect of others' viewpoints. Keep doing you, you're awesome.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
...If blondie choose to...

First, you have no reason to believe that anyone's profile pic is their IRL appearance. Second, your choice of phrasing makes it sound like you're denigrating the user based on a physical feature. This is a forum for discussing a modpack, let's stay civil and not lose sight of that.

Reactions: JazParks

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that when I hit escape to go the in-game menu, it doesn't actually pause the game like it normally does. Is this intended, as I've never noticed it before. I'm playing SSP on the latest update.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that when I hit escape to go the in-game menu, it doesn't actually pause the game like it normally does. Is this intended, as I've never noticed it before. I'm playing SSP on the latest update.

Did you by any chance open your game to LAN? That's what usually happened to me when going to the menu did not pause the game.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't open to LAN by chance? When you do, it'll stop pausing the game when you are in the menu.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Ooo... I am really liking the new relics in this Botania update. I've only gotten one so far, but... wow!