[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture has 2 problems, 1 its breeding (bees, trees, fishing) not everyone has time to breed them up(ie cant be bothered I want to use it now crowd). and 2)its fishing, some people find it relaxing others find it boring
I don't find the features of the mod being a problem, I find it a problem that stuff doesn't work right and that information is hard
Partially related, do ya know to what extent golems can fish? Only vanilla fisk or Mariculture as well?
Im watching you...k's don't normally transform automagically into h's

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
The Enhanced Inventories mod page says it's compatible with natura woods, but I'm unable to make chests with amarath planks. Didn't try any of the other natura woods.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Surprisingly few people actually go into Mariculture, no idea why it's like that. I personally love the mod and all the fisk, but none of my friends/people on my server seem to a) Have any interest towards it and b) Have any idea how to Mariculture
I like the idea of mariculture. But evey time I've ever tried to get into the mod I keep running into bugs or bad information in the books or bugs. Did I say bugs? It just doesn't seem super stable in my experience.

For example several weeks ago I tried to make a tank for fish breeding. Gave up after several hours of the breeder not recognizing the tank. At some point I'll try again.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that, I forgot was the max range was :) even still you need to be within 24 for the mobs to move around which most mob farms rely on anyways.

And I agree with you, you can most of the drops with the seeds. I don't even have a mob farm in my world and I've only missed a few items (creeper hearts primarily and zombie flesh some). But I've been able to just run out and fight for the few ones I need.

I put up a zombie spawner (diamond dolly ftw)mostly so I could make leather... and bait. My main problem is forgetting I set to peaceful so I could build in peace a while... then wonder why no zombies are spawning.

But a little tip on testing mob farms, toggle over to peaceful to clear out all the hostile mobs in the caves, then after a few seconds, go back to normal. Now all those mobs you cleared out can respawn and some will pop up in your farm. Over time the caves will refill, of course, so lighting them up is still the best long term solution, but when getting set up it's nice to be able to force some decent spawning.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The Enhanced Inventories mod page says it's compatible with natura woods, but I'm unable to make chests with amarath planks. Didn't try any of the other natura woods.
I thought I had changed that quest text, woops. I had had to disable the Natura integration due to some crashy issues while testing.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
No, nothing like that. Apparently I'm going to have to get into some real troubleshooting here. I just wish it didn't take so damn long.
Have you tried backing up the saves folder. Then deleting the Regrowth folder and re-installing it completely?

or maybe looing up all the FTB folders and deleting them. Though this is extreme and should be carefully thought out. Possibly backing up everything.

Are you using the most current version of the launcher? there was a manual update that was required some time back. The version I am showing is 1.4.5.

delicateglow

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I'm stumped.

To get a strong infusion stone, you need blaze essence.
To get blaze essence, you need to turn in nether essence (which then you'll unlock blaze seeds)
But to get nether essence, you need nether seeds, which the quest is locked until you do the strong infusion stone quest.

??????

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I'm stumped.

To get a strong infusion stone, you need blaze essence.
To get blaze essence, you need to turn in nether essence (which then you'll unlock blaze seeds)
But to get nether essence, you need nether seeds, which the quest is locked until you do the strong infusion stone quest.

??????

Wrong, that's not how it works at all. What you're looking for has been all over the thread, so I suggest you search it.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen anything in the thread for that.

@delicateglow, go to the nether, the repeatable nether essence quest should show up then? I'm not sure what triggers it honestly.

Susjin

Jul 29, 2019
i am having some trouble to find an ocean biome, i walk like 1000 blocks to all sides and don't find anything, there is some way to find one or is just bad luck???