[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I have the gold center and the smallest white circle....how many do i have to add to reduce the cost?
You need different circles for the cauldron. Circle magic circles don't work.

Check the brews book for the circle layout. As far as I know, the 5k/7k cost means 5k with two white circles, 7k for no circles. Yes I know that doesn't make much sense but that is what I was told in the Witchery mod thread.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Soooo, what am I supposed to do to disable them again :)
There are some options in the Witchery config file about which biomes villages are allowed to spawn in. If you find the wasteland biome in that set of options and set the option to false it will disable village spawning again.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
-

There's a few rules of thumb:
- Almost any tree leaf/log (mod or vanilla or otherwise) will work, but it will cap around 100 block instances or so. So you might get a big boost from planting an oak tree, but get no additional benefit for planting a second one. Planting a spruce tree wouldn't help either, since it's the same block. But planting an Acacia would, because it's a different block. Knowing your plants at a technical level will help you manage caps.
- Vanilla and Witchery plants are all well-supported, but have similar cap and block restraints. Almost all vanilla flowers, for example, are the same block.
- Third party mod plants are generally not supported. Botania mystic flowers are an exception and will work in this pack. Most crops work, outside of agricraft.

Thank you:) So foliage, plants, melons, flowers, etc will only ever raise it by a few 100? It's the crafted items that will get you a few 1000? I did check if plants on cropsticks work(I used a mandrake, and it worked). I also noticed a slight increase when it rains also. I had removed everything from around my altar, and kept looking at the numbers, and thought it was strange that it was down, and then before I placed anything it went up again. It was raining, so I turned off the rain, and it dropped again. Thanks again.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Still having NEI issues. I can't look up rotten flesh without it "Shutting down internal server...". I did add OptiFine. Is anyone else having this?

(I know previously there was an issue with having text in the search box, but this is happening while blank.)

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
I'm having an issue with NEI too, actually. Trying to find the uses for different kinds of seeds will OCCASIONALLY (but not always!) crash my client.

Crash Log!

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
Am I guessing correctly that a repeatable quest for certus quartz essence is going to pop up in a future update? Since we can see them in NEI, like in the recipe for the Master infusion stone?

Thank you:) So foliage, plants, melons, flowers, etc will only ever raise it by a few 100? It's the crafted items that will get you a few 1000? I did check if plants on cropsticks work(I used a mandrake, and it worked). I also noticed a slight increase when it rains also. I had removed everything from around my altar, and kept looking at the numbers, and thought it was strange that it was down, and then before I placed anything it went up again. It was raining, so I turned off the rain, and it dropped again. Thanks again.

I've found that the Natura and ExtrabiomesXL trees also work, I just doubled my altars power by planting a few of those.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Am I guessing correctly that a repeatable quest for certus quartz essence is going to pop up in a future update? Since we can see them in NEI, like in the recipe for the Master infusion stone?

I've found that the Natura and ExtrabiomesXL trees also work, I just doubled my altars power by planting a few of those.

The certus quartz essence appear later in the questbook.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
After some more fiddling and thinking, I had a question...how did the Pigmen get the ores out of overworld. My answer is this!

JlnhTV9.png

1vWvGCi.png

If it is liked I will make it into a template. It has a Zombie Pigman spawner in it, so once found there will be Pigmen wandering around it. After all...they have to guard their extractor.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like I need to chop down and replace a few trees too. I read the witchery wiki and either it's misleading or I misunderstood. I planted mostly vanilla trees, with the Witchery ones mixed in, thinking the Natura and ExBiomes wouldn't work. Didn't test though. Haven't added flowers into the mix at all so far. Just put in some melons and pumpkins for a small bump, and trying cactus. Lily pads I knew work, but haven't built a pond downstairs yet.

Meanwhile, biome shift to jungle has begun.

For those who follow on, those brown cloud things around the terrestrial reformer machine from Witching Gadgets in Thaumcraft mean it's working. The brown is due to the arbor essence, I think. Color probably varies with the focus type being used. I'm running jungle because I like those greens. There's also an animation of vis particles drifting from the energized node over to the reformer. May need goggles to see those.

J3uRwJP.jpg

And this one shows the greening spreading a bit. Most of the coords are now jungle, though a few are still either beach (near the shore) or wasteland. The biome colors seem to blend a couple coords out, so that generally works for me. I think the randomness is not of the remaining unreformed coords, but of all of them, so would take a long time to convert every last coord. I used 16 jars of 64 essence, which should blanket a 16x16 coord area otherwise (unless it's actually 17x17 or something, may test more later.)

The pond was all brown wasteland water, now it's mostly blue. The old wasteland edge was around the right quarter of the screen.

cNWMhIF.png

Now back to making loads of arbor essence. Or maybe making golems and automating that.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
After some more fiddling and thinking, I had a question...how did the Pigmen get the ores out of overworld. My answer is this!

JlnhTV9.png

1vWvGCi.png

If it is liked I will make it into a template. It has a Zombie Pigman spawner in it, so once found there will be Pigmen wandering around it. After all...they have to guard their extractor.
Stick a Teleposer from BM in the middle ;)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
....Huh, I wonder what trigger I am missing then? o_O

*reopens game*

EDIT: ....You don't have to do all the tech quests do you? xD

It's a tech faction reputation trigger, I think. 70ish, as I recall. Just look for the quests that give that reputation and do those first. May need to do some others to open more rep quests though.

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
It's a tech faction reputation trigger, I think. 70ish, as I recall. Just look for the quests that give that reputation and do those first. May need to do some others to open more rep quests though.

Ewgh.

I only /just/ got over my hate of the more complex bits of BC and Railcraft. xD

Oh well, if needs must~

EDIT: Yay, I only need 3 more points!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
You need high Mechanist rep (70 or so)

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Stick a Teleposer from BM in the middle ;)

Well under the fire there is actually a Botania Mana Spreader with a red Lens pointing down into the lava. The idea I had was that the Ore was being sucked up and sent to the nether. I figured a Mana Spreader is pretty low tech so it would not give away anything. Not to sure of the Teleposer, does it take energy to use from the blood altar?

kandio

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for the hopperflower doesn't seem to work anymore. All correct ingredients in the apothecary only gives me some particles but nothing actually happens