[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's kinda silly that words are offensive. I understand, having been on the blunt end of racism due to the colour of my skin, what it's like to feel the heat that offensive words cause. But I am mature enough to realise that the word was not at fault, the word is just a word, it was actually the intent behind the word which offended me. In this case, if TLP has any "foul" language, then I would suggest consider the spirit in which it is written.

As a kid I was exposed to a lot of swear words, that's life, they're at school, they're on the tv., they're spoken even in some of my favourite literature, pretty much most great books contain words like fuck, shit etc. What I'm saying is, trying to protect children from swearwords is counterproductive, because then the child will get the feeling that the word is somehow 'bad' and either they will use the word out of cheekiness (because it's funny and fun to break the rules in a safe way) or they will judge others who use the word. In either case, wouldn't the child be better served by understanding the meaning of the word and being able to focus more on *the intent behind its use* rather than being stuck on the simple fact of its existence?

To be sure, my intention is definitely not to side against you boconus_yum, (I think one of the people you're talking with sounds kinda rude but I don't have the context so I'm staying out) I'm offering my invitation for you to consider some points that helped me when I was in a similar situation to what you seem to be in (offended by words).

[edit] misspell corrected

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with NEI too, actually. Trying to find the uses for different kinds of seeds will OCCASIONALLY (but not always!) crash my client.

Crash Log!
Just got back and reading through the posts that I missed. First line of your crash log states "NEIInscriberRecipeHandler". The reason has already been stated in the FAQ, which is the second post of the forum. [2.2], second half.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you:) So foliage, plants, melons, flowers, etc will only ever raise it by a few 100? It's the crafted items that will get you a few 1000? I did check if plants on cropsticks work(I used a mandrake, and it worked). I also noticed a slight increase when it rains also. I had removed everything from around my altar, and kept looking at the numbers, and thought it was strange that it was down, and then before I placed anything it went up again. It was raining, so I turned off the rain, and it dropped again. Thanks again.
The caps and point values aren't uniform. Points typically fall into the range of 1-4, but if you've got your altar up to the max multiplier, that's 10-40 per block. It adds up quickly.

Just based on some of the mods in this pack, consider how the trees alone fall into groups:
- Vanilla: Oak, Spruce, Birch, Jungle
- Vanilla: Acacia, Dark Oak
- Witchery: Rowan, Alder, Hawthorn
- EXBL: Fir, Redwood, Acacia, Cypress
- EXBL: Bald Cypress, Japanese Maple, Japanese Maple Shrub, Rainbow Eucalyptus
- EXBL: Umber Autumn, Goldenrod Autumn, Vermillion Autumn, Citrine Autumn
- Thaumcraft: Greatwood, Silverwood
- Natura: Eucalyptus, Redwood, Hopseed
- Natura: Sakura, Ghostwood, Bloodleaves, Willow
- Natura: Darkwood, Fusewood
- Natura: Maple, Silverbell, Amaranth, Tiger

I might be missing some. And I'm not sure you can get all those in this pack. But say as a rough estimate you can get 300 altar power per group. That's a bit over 3000 before any multipliers.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
The caps and point values aren't uniform. Points typically fall into the range of 1-4, but if you've got your altar up to the max multiplier, that's 10-40 per block. It adds up quickly.

Just based on some of the mods in this pack, consider how the trees alone fall into groups:

I might be missing some. And I'm not sure you can get all those in this pack. But say as a rough estimate you can get 300 altar power per group. That's a bit over 3000 before any multipliers.
How does one determine the different categories for trees? For instance, the separate Natura categories. I myself haven't come across any information on the witchery page or any of the books that tells people about these different categories. Is there a master list or does witchery just apply handlers that we would need to memorize to use them in the future?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
How does one determine the different categories for trees? For instance, the separate Natura categories. I myself haven't come across any information on the witchery page or any of the books that tells people about these different categories. Is there a master list or does witchery just apply handlers that we would need to memorize to use them in the future?

Ehh, I have no idea how it was done, but I suspect that a few dozen oaks were grown in range of an altar, and then a birch/spruce/etc. was grown to see how trees class (if they're a different class, they'd increase altar power; if not, it'd be the same).

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I grouped them by block. You can get that information looking through them in NEI, but I've also done a bunch of integration work for all these mods in Garden Stuff so I already know offhand that EXBL uses 3 blocks for trees or Natura uses 4 blocks for trees. I'm essentially extrapolating those lists based on what experimentation I've done and how that aligns with the block divisions.

Reactions: JustHeyo

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I grouped them by block. You can get that information looking through them in NEI, but I've also done a bunch of integration work for all these mods in Garden Stuff so I already know offhand that EXBL uses 3 blocks for trees or Natura uses 4 blocks for trees. I'm essentially extrapolating those lists based on what experimentation I've done and how that aligns with the block divisions.

So in short, something something, metadata something something, the the altar sees them as variations of the same block and they don't double-count?

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
So in short, something something, metadata something something, the the altar sees them as variations of the same block and they don't double-count?
Try it. Grow a couple oak trees by your alter. Now try placing down spruce, birch, or jungle leaf blocks. None of them will help your alter power. Now place down some acacia and dark oak leaves. Your alter power starts going up again.

Repeat the experiment with the witchery trees and leaves. Repeat the experiment with EXBL japanese maple and bald cyprus leaves. Repeat the experiment with a field of ~50 poppies. Plant some blue orchids. No change.

Logs do contribute alter power, so if you cap out your leaves, growing another tree will still give you a small contribution from that.

Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
1. I am offended. You called me bacon yam. You are... It's like you called me by a derp name like bakonus_yam.
2. I don't get it by censorship. Many people play this pack. Plus, I don't want to delete the quests, I just want to change one word. Purplementat had to change that word while saying it for his video and the word is a cuss word. Many people play this pack, some could be 7 (I'm not) and how would you like to have a Modpack and get it rated badly from parents cause they found out it had a cuss word in it? Not only adults who don't care about censorship and don't think stuff is wrong to say and do play minecraft. There are many people who know what things are right and wrong.

Really, sir? You're going to criticize another for using a mild expletive when your chosen forum name is anathema in at least two religions? Don't you know a pig is an unclean beast and eating its flesh is forbidden?

Really, sir, you must re-evaluate your priorities!

/snark off

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for double post, but felt the first one was too long as is. XD
Two, I've seen super crafting frames mentioned often here.
May I ask which mod this is, and, if there isn't a quest for it already that I haven't noticed, could one be implemented if these are so useful?

Oddly, it's called "Super Crafting Frames" mod. I just looked it up myself to figure out what the other two frames in the pack do.

I had just put together this as a quick, semi-auto improvement in my Thaumcraft area:

gQxRdrD.png

That's three on each barrel, one for each shard type. Not up to AE2 auto-crafting standards, but still a nice time and click saver.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered today that the cardboard box from mechanism will randomly change any node that is inside it when removed. Easy way to fix pale and fading nodes...not to mention one stop wand recharge if you don't mind a little extra work.

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019

Can we get this info added to the FAQ?

Reactions: rivvest

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
So I implied that the max multiplier is 10, but that's the max regen rate. Max multiplier is ... 4x? Work on your plant Tetris.

Zephyr123

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give me an image of how to place a super crafting frame so that i can make cracked sand into sand using an infinite water source, I've tried a lot of orientations and can't get it to work. BTW @thephoenixlodge , do you think you could add a recipe to make 4 red sand into sandstone? I want to make sandstone but there isn't an easy way to convert between red sand and plain sand. Maybe a recipe could be added to directly cross between the two?
You can put red sand in a pearl oyster and then immediatly get it out and it will give you regular sand.