[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
Except that's how Buildcraft mod makes them.
That is not a good argument for any pack that includes changed recipes. But in this particular case, here is the thinking behind the suggestion: Normally you can tech up to at least a single laser & table fairly quickly with just a few diamonds needed, so getting a plug is not really a big deal. In this pack, teching up to a mana diamonds takes a very long time (comparatively) and there can be a lot of item management needed before that time. Since it doesn't break progression in any way and would only help to enable more compact early designs, it makes sense that an alternate might be provided with logical mechanics (a saw maybe?).

And one more noobish thing that would be nice since this is so focused on agricraft is something telling or requiring you to make a TC scythe for aoe harvesting. I'm past it really being much use now, but that probably would have saved me a lot of time. If this mod is introducing someone to agricraft (like me), the horn/drum and scythe inter-mod mechanics are not intuitive at all. Personally, I just expected them to not work or break everything completely.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you:) So foliage, plants, melons, flowers, etc will only ever raise it by a few 100? It's the crafted items that will get you a few 1000? I did check if plants on cropsticks work(I used a mandrake, and it worked). I also noticed a slight increase when it rains also. I had removed everything from around my altar, and kept looking at the numbers, and thought it was strange that it was down, and then before I placed anything it went up again. It was raining, so I turned off the rain, and it dropped again. Thanks again.

Actually, as far as I have been able to find, only a certain amount of each block counts to the altar, and the rest are ignored. The number I found was twenty, which would mean that if I had a pond nearby and placed thirty water artichokes there, only twenty would actually contribute to the altar, and the rest would be superfluous. I've gotten around the space ramifications of this by building a underground farm with ten different kinds of plants directly beneath my altar, but you may have a different way of decorating. :)

Well under the fire there is actually a Botania Mana Spreader with a red Lens pointing down into the lava. The idea I had was that the Ore was being sucked up and sent to the nether. I figured a Mana Spreader is pretty low tech so it would not give away anything. Not to sure of the Teleposer, does it take energy to use from the blood altar?

Last I checked the teleposer does not use LP, however it has also been stated that it can't transfer across dimensions. Humm...
There are a couple rituals that might fit, but that's a lot of ritual stones you'd be giving the player. Though if the pigmen are actively hostile as soon as you come in range, and are spawning constantly, that might be a suitable reward as well. XD

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for double post, but felt the first one was too long as is. XD

So two things, one is that I pressed "U" on ExBio XL Rainbow Eucalyptus planks to find out if they could be made into slabs and stairs and such, and clicking to the third tab of crafting options, after facades and assembly table, crashed my game repeatedly;
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

Time: 3/30/15 4:34 AM
Description: Ticking screen

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 191
at codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:101)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getIngredientStacks(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:493)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiRecipe.refreshSlots(GuiRecipe.java:224)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiRecipe.refreshPage(GuiRecipe.java:201)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiRecipe.func_73876_c(GuiRecipe.java:134)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1649)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:101)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getIngredientStacks(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:493)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiRecipe.refreshSlots(GuiRecipe.java:224)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiRecipe.refreshPage(GuiRecipe.java:201)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiRecipe.func_73876_c(GuiRecipe.java:134)

Two, I've seen super crafting frames mentioned often here.
May I ask which mod this is, and, if there isn't a quest for it already that I haven't noticed, could one be implemented if these are so useful?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Also @thephoenixlodge can you change the discription of the carpenter quest. I don't want it to have...

That word...

Which word? Is it "damn?" "thing?" "carpenter?" "damn?" "the?" "water?" "damn?" Honestly, I never noticed any word in particular there, and this is the first I've heard of it on the forums, so I doubt many people have much of a problem with the wording.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, as far as I have been able to find, only a certain amount of each block counts to the altar, and the rest are ignored. The number I found was twenty, which would mean that if I had a pond nearby and placed thirty water artichokes there, only twenty would actually contribute to the altar, and the rest would be superfluous. I've gotten around the space ramifications of this by building a underground farm with ten different kinds of plants directly beneath my altar, but you may have a different way of decorating. :)

Last I checked the teleposer does not use LP, however it has also been stated that it can't transfer across dimensions. Humm...
There are a couple rituals that might fit, but that's a lot of ritual stones you'd be giving the player. Though if the pigmen are actively hostile as soon as you come in range, and are spawning constantly, that might be a suitable reward as well. XD
Last time I used a teleposer to transfer between dimensions, I'm fairly certain it used some of my LP. I think that was yesterday?

edit: To be fair, the teleposer itself isn't linked to the LP network. Rather, the teleposition focus is what's taking the LP. Additionally, the teleposition focus remembers both the coordinates and the dimensions of the teleposer it's linked to.

Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Well under the fire there is actually a Botania Mana Spreader with a red Lens pointing down into the lava. The idea I had was that the Ore was being sucked up and sent to the nether. I figured a Mana Spreader is pretty low tech so it would not give away anything. Not to sure of the Teleposer, does it take energy to use from the blood altar?
It doesn't need to be functional, heck I'd rather it wasn't to be honest. My lore is that the pigmen managed to use the teleposer to transport the ore, but it worked a little too well.

And as for the censorship thing; yea I'm not going to change out 'damn'. I consider that PG and if you're offended by that low a level of cursing then that's your issue not mine.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I used a teleposer to transfer between dimensions, I'm fairly certain it used some of my LP. I think that was yesterday?

edit: To be fair, the teleposer itself isn't linked to the LP network. Rather, the teleposition focus is what's taking the LP. Additionally, the teleposition focus remembers both the coordinates and the dimensions of the teleposer it's linked to.

Oh cool, they updated it then? Yay, nether aura nodes FTW! XD

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give me an image of how to place a super crafting frame so that i can make cracked sand into sand using an infinite water source, I've tried a lot of orientations and can't get it to work. BTW @thephoenixlodge , do you think you could add a recipe to make 4 red sand into sandstone? I want to make sandstone but there isn't an easy way to convert between red sand and plain sand. Maybe a recipe could be added to directly cross between the two?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
There hasn't been a time when it couldn't be used cross dimensionally, its just that for whatever reason it was/is unable to transport players across dimensions.

Huh. Weird, whatever wiki I was using for DW20 1.7 said it couldn't.. Might just be me misreading though.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Which word? Is it "damn?" "thing?" "carpenter?" "damn?" "the?" "water?" "damn?" Honestly, I never noticed any word in particular there, and this is the first I've heard of it on the forums, so I doubt many people have much of a problem with the wording.
It was the first and the last word you said with the "

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I'm offended by censorship. I am offended that bacon yam wants it changed. I'll be doubly offended if it is changed.
1. I am offended. You called me bacon yam. You are... It's like you called me by a derp name like bakonus_yam.
2. I don't get it by censorship. Many people play this pack. Plus, I don't want to delete the quests, I just want to change one word. Purplementat had to change that word while saying it for his video and the word is a cuss word. Many people play this pack, some could be 7 (I'm not) and how would you like to have a Modpack and get it rated badly from parents cause they found out it had a cuss word in it? Not only adults who don't care about censorship and don't think stuff is wrong to say and do play minecraft. There are many people who know what things are right and wrong.

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019

Just to back this up, Syber, the teleposer definitely requipres LP to work. I had my whole party using my network to teleport around, eventually they couldn't because my lp network ran dry while I was offline. Soon as I filled up the network again teleposer system worked.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
1. I am offended. You called me bacon yam. You are... It's like you called me by a derp name like bakonus_yam.
2. I don't get it by censorship. Many people play this pack. Plus, I don't want to delete the quests, I just want to change one word. Purplementat had to change that word while saying it for his video and the word is a cuss word. Many people play this pack, some could be 7 (I'm not) and how would you like to have a Modpack and get it rated badly from parents cause they found out it had a cuss word in it? Not only adults who don't care about censorship and don't think stuff is wrong to say and do play minecraft. There are many people who know what things are right and wrong.

First of all, I doubt that Purplementat HAD to change it, it was likely his choice. Furthermore, I doubt parents will be watching over their children's shoulders constantly to make sure that they aren't exposed to one of those horrible little swear words. Also, I wasn't aware it was possible to rate third party packs.

What particularly bugs me is that you think saying "damn" is an inherently wrong action, as implied by the last line of your last post, and that you feel that thephoenixlodge is responsible for upholding some arbitrary moral code. If anything, the only people who'd be at fault in this ridiculous moral system would be the hypersensitive parents for not making sure that their children aren't exposed to all that "new-aged rock'n'roll heathen filth."

EDIT: What's next, anyway? Take out combat because fighting is wrong? Do away with diamonds because they promote greed? Rename the Nether's biome (Hell, if you're wondering) because it's a dirty word, too?

Reactions: Technous285