[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019

Saw that and was there after posting. Question then, not knowing exactly what ruins can do, do you want the buildings individual or as a village? If ruins can make villages/cities, then I can parse each structure plus more (church, shops, wizard tower...) for a full set of ruins.

I like building things and graphic art...and I have time as a stay at home father...so it is no skin off my where ever. ;-)

Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
some of my items when i click them to move them around in my inv go to a dark shade, for example sand or comp dirt why is that happening ?

Edit: randomly stopped

Last edited:

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
bug or feature?
if i mine copper ore with a fortune 3 auto smelt pickaxe from tinkers construct instead of giving me 1 or more copper it gives me a little bit of the blue apetite thingy's are they used for anything and is this intentinal that this happens?
Fortune + Autosmelt is an intended feature

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
Saw that and was there after posting. Question then, not knowing exactly what ruins can do, do you want the buildings individual or as a village? If ruins can make villages/cities, then I can parse each structure plus more (church, shops, wizard tower...) for a full set of ruins.

I like building things and graphic art...and I have time as a stay at home father...so it is no skin off my where ever. ;-)
I love what you've done Syber.
I believe ruins mod can make infinitely large templates, the only issue is; too big and the game will lag / crash. On that note would you consider making your little town a bit bigger? It would be great if it were roughly the size of a vanilla village, I think that would be so awesome @_@

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
I love what you've done Syber.
I believe ruins mod can make infinitely large templates, the only issue is; too big and the game will lag / crash. On that note would you consider making your little town a bit bigger? It would be great if it were roughly the size of a vanilla village, I think that would be so awesome @_@

I was thinking about it...but if ruins can also take templates and put them together like that of a village, then I would only need to design individual structures. Depends on what the mod can do. So once that is answered I will then build a village or not. No point in doing more work then is necessary.

There is a mod (not sure if it is ruins or not) that does do cities. Crash Landing uses it and initially the cities are walled, but he pack authors took out the walls template. As a biome though they do look excellent.

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
No point in doing more work then is necessary.

There is a mod (not sure if it is ruins or not) that does do cities.
Yeah true that so I take it from your response building a village sized thing was roughly your plan? (depending on ruins capabilities)

If you'd take a suggestion; consider putting in a tiny bit of cracked sand as part of the flooring, to aid the impression of decay along the roads.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah true that so I take it from your response building a village sized thing was roughly your plan? (depending on ruins capabilities)

If you'd take a suggestion; consider putting in a tiny bit of cracked sand as part of the flooring, to aid the impression of decay along the roads.

For now I am keeping the structures simple with a minimum of block types. This is just to keep working with them simpler. Kind of a first pass design. If they are enjoyed, and questions are answered, then details can be added for the aging and such. So a second pass. Get to ambitious and nothing happens. :)

Last edited:

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about it...but if ruins can also take templates and put them together like that of a village, then I would only need to design individual structures. Depends on what the mod can do. So once that is answered I will then build a village or not. No point in doing more work then is necessary.

There is a mod (not sure if it is ruins or not) that does do cities. Crash Landing uses it and initially the cities are walled, but he pack authors took out the walls template. As a biome though they do look excellent.
I'm really excited to see where this all goes :)

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Is it worth switching to 7.2 from 6.5 or not?
Yes. there are many, many more quests and lots of bug fixes and updated mod versions.

Plus if you plan on ever updating you are going to have to reset your quests. Probably better to do it now rather than later.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. there are many, many more quests and lots of bug fixes and updated mod versions.

Plus if you plan on ever updating you are going to have to reset your quests. Probably better to do it now rather than later.
Will I have to re-reset the quests in the future?

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: no longer an issue, thanks Rivvest and Triplm!
This is a screenshot of all the flowers I can grow:

SIbs5Iw.png

None. That's how many. Tried 4 flowers and 4 mystical flowers on both farmland and garden soil, on crops and on no crops. I threw out seeds just to add color, but when I try to plant it's as though I'm trying to plant coal.

When I upgraded I backed up configs, because I did make some changes. Anyone have a suggestion on where to look for this kind of problem? Or how to fix it?

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
This is a screenshot of all the flowers I can grow:
None. That's how many. Tried 4 flowers and 4 mystical flowers on both farmland and garden soil, on crops and on no crops. I threw out seeds just to add color, but when I try to plant it's as though I'm trying to plant coal.
When I upgraded I backed up configs, because I did make some changes. Anyone have a suggestion on where to look for this kind of problem? Or how to fix it?
You need untilled garden soil.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What's up with the Baby slimes spawning when I break Cracked sand?lol About every few I break a small slime spawns.