[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
NOPE. Just went back in. Started with the basic Lexica. Opened it, Went to a bunch of entries, pages including the entire Alfheim chapter. Then tossed it in. Read the note and BOOM. Crash.
Huh, I think that's the first report of the fix not working. Did it generate the same crash log? If not, can you post the new one?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's ridiculous... I had used it countless times before tossing it in to be upgraded. Does it literally mean open it *immediately* before tossing it in? Like there's a timer involved? "Hurry.. do it... do it..."

NOPE. Just went back in. Started with the basic Lexica. Opened it, Went to a bunch of entries, pages including the entire Alfheim chapter. Then tossed it in. Read the note and BOOM. Crash.
Somehow I think you missed the part about make a NEW lexica from scratch... Open that one. Fixt.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I think about this pack way too much (I thought writing the FAQ would be carthartic, but no. Now? I'm sitting here, refusing to play until 0.7.2 hits the launcher..) So I have some crazies to share.

A passive mechanic that restored the world. Something you start mid-game and as you progress into late-game, improve upon. Something more subtle than the Witchery, Blood Magic, and Thaumcraft methods.
You place a block, say, an n-tuple compressed dirt in the world, and it slowly spreads out and becomes a plains biome, sand begins a desert, wood types for forests/jungle, and so on. A very slow spread to start, one neighboring block per Minecraft day, and an end game item/spell to double or triple the speed. Requires extraordinary amounts of mana, RF, altar power, essentia, or blood. Or all of them, a hot mess of altars, spreaders, golems, pipes and tubes all feeding the system. (Lag doesn't exist in my imagination. :p)
Something akin to the Witchery Icy Slippers, except, when you walk over cracked sand, it turns to grass.
Late game mechanics could pull ores out of the nether and put them back into the overworld, another to take mobs out of the nether and turn them into passive overworld mobs. They are confused and scared, fleeing from you or attacking until you've shown them you care. Oh, and horses.
Villages regenerate, but the villagers are scared and won't breed.. until you gift them enough emeralds, wheat, carrots, and potatoes. Then they'll trade with you and have the resources to reproduce and sustain their village (ie, return to vanilla behavior).
(Seriously, did I just contemplate Regrowth fanfic? I did. I'm not ashamed... I learned it by watching you, @Raetac!)
It needs said again: Great work, @thephoenixlodge. You are an inspiration.

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
It's a problem with enchiridion 2, which you could always update manually.
Well that finally did it.
Somehow I think you missed the part about make a NEW lexica from scratch... Open that one. Fixt.
Which part of went back in and started over with a basic Lexica was unclear? I *did* use a fresh one. It still didn't work. Updating Enchiridion 2, however, did fix it. So I would suggest adding that useful information to the faq rather than the info that isn't.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019

Which part of went back in and started over with a basic Lexica was unclear? I *did* use a fresh one. It still didn't work. Updating Enchiridion 2, however, did fix it. So I would suggest adding that useful information to the faq rather than the info that isn't.
You weren't supposed to throw the new one through the portal, just craft it and open it and that should have allowed you to use the upgraded one you already had.

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019

Actually all you needed to do was make a whole new lexica and BEFORE opening the upgraded one, open up the newly made (non-upgraded) book then use the upgraded one like normal.
This has been stated many, many times so no need for the sarcasm

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So.... still on .65 I'm gonna note.... I just threw an egg I found on the ground, and from that one egg came four baby chickens at once... XD

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Well my Lp series just hit 20 episodes, been bit of a bumpy road with the patch 0.71 and I'm still trying to find my way around the new quest structure.
Also briefly take a look at "someone elses" work in the real world.. (actually I did it over my livestream weekend)
Where did you get all those silverwood trees from.. was it drops or did you have to make them all...caus emy drop rate on them is like 1 or 2 max per tree.

krabstabber

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone report on 0.72? Last update had issues being compatible with the server version (some modpacks not being the same version) and I couldn't get them fixed to work. Can anyone tell me if they have had issues with the server and client after the update?

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
i wanted to check something with the thauminomicon so i spawned in creative and so that gave my regular one all researches :/ so i did the command to reset my progress and now when i try to to /tc research goofy_tuber1231 and name the research it comes up invalid arguments can someone help :p

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
i wanted to check something with the thauminomicon so i spawned in creative and so that gave my regular one all researches :/ so i did the command to reset my progress and now when i try to to /tc research goofy_tuber1231 and name the research it comes up invalid arguments can someone help :p

The name of the research as the book shows it is not what it's referred to by the code, and those code names aren't always.... obvious. You need to find a list of them and input those instead.

Reactions: RagefaceKurosaki

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
The name of the research as the book shows it is not what it's referred to by the code, and those code names aren't always.... obvious. You need to find a list of them and input those instead.
ty that did the trick :p wish there was a hqm questbook sorta way to do it but ahh well

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I think about this pack way too much (I thought writing the FAQ would be carthartic, but no. Now? I'm sitting here, refusing to play until 0.7.2 hits the launcher..) So I have some crazies to share.

A passive mechanic that restored the world. Something you start mid-game and as you progress into late-game, improve upon. Something more subtle than the Witchery, Blood Magic, and Thaumcraft methods.
You place a block, say, an n-tuple compressed dirt in the world, and it slowly spreads out and becomes a plains biome, sand begins a desert, wood types for forests/jungle, and so on. A very slow spread to start, one neighboring block per Minecraft day, and an end game item/spell to double or triple the speed. Requires extraordinary amounts of mana, RF, altar power, essentia, or blood. Or all of them, a hot mess of altars, spreaders, golems, pipes and tubes all feeding the system. (Lag doesn't exist in my imagination. :p)
Something akin to the Witchery Icy Slippers, except, when you walk over cracked sand, it turns to grass.
Late game mechanics could pull ores out of the nether and put them back into the overworld, another to take mobs out of the nether and turn them into passive overworld mobs. They are confused and scared, fleeing from you or attacking until you've shown them you care. Oh, and horses.
Villages regenerate, but the villagers are scared and won't breed.. until you gift them enough emeralds, wheat, carrots, and potatoes. Then they'll trade with you and have the resources to reproduce and sustain their village (ie, return to vanilla behavior).
(Seriously, did I just contemplate Regrowth fanfic? I did. I'm not ashamed... I learned it by watching you, @Raetac!)
It needs said again: Great work, @thephoenixlodge. You are an inspiration.
One thing that has been suggested to me in the past and is something that may still happen is the inclusion of Millenaire as a lategame build your own village thing. So the worldgen of it would be disabled but the village spawning wands would be craftable etc.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that has been suggested to me in the past and is something that may still happen is the inclusion of Millenaire as a lategame build your own village thing. So the worldgen of it would be disabled but the village spawning wands would be craftable etc.

Oh.. that is an awesome idea... I love it.