[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Right, here is exactly what our problems are:

1) Randomly throughout the normal usage, the bottom half of the Furnace will vanish clientside, causing anyone who clicks on it a crash to desktop. This persists until you restart the client.

2) On chunk unload/reloads, the temperature in the furnace goes back down to zero

3) The liquid almost never comes out the way its supposed to, or completly.

[Keep in mind this is all on a Server]
Yea, all these were fixed in 0.7, so if you're still on 0.6.5 please stop complaining about these because it's your choice to be on an outdated version of the pack and I'd rather people weren't being led to believe that these issues were still present in the latest version.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
The wolves obey the same spawn mechanics except they spawn in an area with a few wolves. More then likely if you add torches to your base in a perimeter so they can not be right up against a wall...they should have a buffer hat keeps their area spawns outside the walls.

Thanks that seems to have helped. I put torches on the outside of the wall all around my base and haven't seen any wolves in there sense.

Now if anyone has any idea what is causing the memory leak when once I reach a level of tech that allows for railcraft stuff, buildcraft stuff and witchery altars. I kinda reached all that about the same time and shortly after building a bunch of stuff I get a terrible memory leach after being logged on for 20 minutes that rapidly make it unplayable but goes away if I restart the client.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
does the scuba helm also help with seeing under lava or am i going to have to use that vanilla glitch that purple mentat showed?

A picture is worth 1,000 words:

Wpy6fq3.png

The base is above. I'm down about 30 hovering, which is perfect for underwater construction. I can hover! With the scuba mask and dive suit I was being pushed every which way and a tap at a control sent me somewhat unpredictably up, down or off to a side. Wasted a lot of glass :p Well, not that much.

And the view is better than above the water now. A lot better.

I already ventured down into some underwater caves I was afraid of before and see I am sitting above an abandoned mine. Nice. The base of the sand pillar sits on abyssal stone too. That was intentional to avoid killing any more coral and kelp than I had to.

Wish I could get this view through the base glass...

Oh, and this is at night.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
A picture is worth 1,000 words:

Wpy6fq3.png

The base is above. I'm down about 30 hovering, which is perfect for underwater construction. I can hover! With the scuba mask and dive suit I was being pushed every which way and a tap at a control sent me somewhat unpredictably up, down or off to a side. Wasted a lot of glass :p Well, not that much.

And the view is better than above the water now. A lot better.

I already ventured down into some underwater caves I was afraid of before and see I am sitting above an abandoned mine. Nice. The base of the sand pillar sits on abyssal stone too. That was intentional to avoid killing any more coral and kelp than I had to.

Wish I could get this view through the base glass...

Oh, and this is at night.
When you open your inventory, what are your buffs? IIRC, its night vision when you're in the water. So maybe a potion of night vision to get that view out of the water?

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
When you open your inventory, what are your buffs? IIRC, its night vision when you're in the water. So maybe a potion of night vision to get that view out of the water?

Yes, night vision. And you can switch it on above water too. I think that slowly damages mask though.

One thing different is rate of hunger burn. Much faster when scuba diving. That's fine. I mostly don't eat unless out fighting and have loads of magical food at this point. :)

ratmage99

Jul 29, 2019
Final update: I downgraded the agricraft config to 0.6.5 and everything is working fine now. Not sure what changed, but something seemed to update wrong.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Final update: I downgraded the agricraft config to 0.6.5 and everything is working fine now. Not sure what changed, but something seemed to update wrong.
Try forcing an update of the pack. Not seeing anyone else with this problem so maybe it was a download that wasn't exactly right?

laod

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else tried tree breeding? I've got 5 bee houses running fairly often next to an oak and a birch, but haven't had any crossbreeding yet, after many hours. Do they have to be forestry saplings to start with now, instead of being able to mutate from vanilla leaves?

I've done that a few times, but haven't lost any seeds...

Yeah. I ran in to trouble with this. I had to treealyze my saplings first. Then once those grew they started getting pollinated.

Reactions: JustHeyo

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: Using a title (like the one from the Essene berry quest) causes a crash and the title is lost after restart.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm REALLY regretting building my base near a Catacomb! Can some tell me how far away does a nether portal have to be built from another one to not come back through the first?

B0LTS

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble looking up recipes. When I hover over an item and press or [r] I crash. Doesn't happen every time, better than 50% though I think. Ideas?

Yazza

Jul 29, 2019
ok so after updating i get an alert telling me a lot of chisel blocks will be removed, when i enter "yes" it keeps showing the loading world screen, for ages, havnt got on 7.1 yet is this because it is romving said blocks are any other problem?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble looking up recipes. When I hover over an item and press or [r] I crash. Doesn't happen every time, better than 50% though I think. Ideas?
If the crash log shows:
codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)​
When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. The only way I've found to fix it is to remove the mod. :( Alternatively, don't look at the uses for wool or wood planks. :)

If the crash log shows:
appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)​

If you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at any recipe. It is a known issue with Modtweaker and AE not liking recipes for the inscriber being reloaded due to it caching them.

Workaround: Reload the client between world loads. Alternatively, comment out the lines in ae2.zs that being with "Insciber" by placing "//" in front of them on the same line. In the mekanism.zs file, comment out the line "Infuser.removeRecipe(mekCircuitBasic)" and the recipes.addShaped line below that. (*NOTE: this will break the intended progression of AE2 and Mekanism).

ok so after updating i get an alert telling me a lot of chisel blocks will be removed, when i enter "yes" it keeps showing the loading world screen, for ages, havnt got on 7.1 yet is this because it is romving said blocks are any other problem?
I have a large section on updating 0.6.5 to 0.7.1, see my FAQ: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0