[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

poisoncookiez

Jul 29, 2019
Re-posting this because I didn't receive a response before...

After updating to 0.7.1, my quest book went all weird, making me do quests that I already did, but quests further down the questline are already completed. Did anyone else experience this problem?

sirromcr46

Jul 29, 2019
I just upgraded and following the FAQ, I just reset the questbook and went through all the Chapter 1 quest and about to dump everything, the FAQ then says to spawn in another Op questbook, do I keep the first book or throw it away and do I use a new questbook in each chapter?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Re-posting this because I didn't receive a response before...
After updating to 0.7.1, my quest book went all weird, making me do quests that I already did, but quests further down the questline are already completed. Did anyone else experience this problem?
[1.3] How do I upgrade from 0.6.5 to 0.7.1?
Regrowth is still in alpha, and often quests are being added, removed, and ordering changed, which causes some difficulties when upgrading. Additional, some retro-active world generation occurs with this update, resulting in some lag during the first load in the new version.

Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again.

Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.

The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a high-end system. Alternatively, you can delete the minecraft/saves/<world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat file prior to upgrading to speed things up. If you go this route, you can skip the steps to reset the book below, and begin on manual quest completion.
Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.

Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be to complete quests, collect rewards, then dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater and get double credit :p). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean - void chests/bags/pipes are another option) . Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.

You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.

Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.

Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.

The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the OP quest book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button (Cmd + Shift on a Mac). This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1.

If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points, and is not a good time.

Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). You can also use NEI's cheat mode, and shift-click the trashcan icon.

Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!

For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch of ones in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as a bunch from Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make:
  • Leather
  • Gold Ingot
  • Aluminium Ingot
  • Lapis Lazuli
  • Redstone
  • Shards
  • Diamond
  • Blaze Rod
This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were pre-upgrade.

Many cross-breeding quest had opened up in Chapter 9, and the first quest in Chapter 11 was available. I chose to cheat my way through the cross-breeding quests and ditch the rewards, but you may wish to keep the rewards, or trigger the completions legitimately by picking up the seeds for each of the plants.

If you are powering through, be sure to pay attention to the other miscellaneous new quests that you have probably completed, either save those rewards, or complete those quests separately to avoid trashing rewards you do deserve.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

Reactions: poisoncookiez

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
OK New challenge, Anyone know a way to automate Living Rock production in this pack?
Have you tried using the bore mana lens? It breaks blocks and can be triggered with a redstone mana spreader on a timer. Since we know that the change from rock to living rock (or wood) is an exact-ish time you could create a long enough timer for it. Then hopperhock for pick up, the rannuncarpus for replacing. I know I've made tree farms with bore lenses before and it was lovely.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I just upgraded and following the FAQ, I just reset the questbook and went through all the Chapter 1 quest and about to dump everything, the FAQ then says to spawn in another Op questbook, do I keep the first book or throw it away and do I use a new questbook in each chapter?
You can use the same Op book, I put that in there because the method I gave dumps everything from your inventory, even the book.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
I think there should be a more automateable way of making pure titanium later in the game. The crucible furnace is janky and bugs out alot. Titanium and melting down Limestone (for Titanium) is the only things we need it for at this point, and it would be nice if there was a way to get rid of this terrible machine in the late game.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I think there should be a more automateable way of making pure titanium later in the game. The crucible furnace is janky and bugs out alot. Titanium and melting down Limestone (for Titanium) is the only things we need it for at this point, and it would be nice if there was a way to get rid of this terrible machine in the late game.
See now, I hear about all of these problems but have never encountered them myself. I even set up a mariculture processing area in another 1.7.10 pack for the hell of it. Never had all these bugs/crashes people are complaining about. And same with this pack, I'm not having any problems with the crucible furnace. Just set up a hopper feeding into it, as I haven't heard anyone who has said they're having problems with it say they're using hoppers.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
See now, I hear about all of these problems but have never encountered them myself. I even set up a mariculture processing area in another 1.7.10 pack for the hell of it. Never had all these bugs/crashes people are complaining about. And same with this pack, I'm not having any problems with the crucible furnace. Just set up a hopper feeding into it, as I haven't heard anyone who has said they're having problems with it say they're using hoppers.

Right, here is exactly what our problems are:

1) Randomly throughout the normal usage, the bottom half of the Furnace will vanish clientside, causing anyone who clicks on it a crash to desktop. This persists until you restart the client.

2) On chunk unload/reloads, the temperature in the furnace goes back down to zero

3) The liquid almost never comes out the way its supposed to, or completly.

[Keep in mind this is all on a Server]

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Right, here is exactly what our problems are:

1) Randomly throughout the normal usage, the bottom half of the Furnace will vanish clientside, causing anyone who clicks on it a crash to desktop. This persists until you restart the client.

2) On chunk unload/reloads, the temperature in the furnace goes back down to zero

3) The liquid almost never comes out the way its supposed to, or completly.

[Keep in mind this is all on a Server]
Oh I know what they are, there are plenty of posts describing bugs people are having with it. But I don't get them, which leads me to believe that it's user error. And the other 1.7.10 pack I did mariculture processing on was on a server.
I'm not sure how much the script to change the amount of molten ores changed the total function of the crucible furnace, that might have an effect on the output of liquids. Or I could be wrong, as is totally possible.

Reactions: Liquid Klone

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Made a little machine for analyzing seeds. Haven't really thought about it before, but in the new version it makes sense.

The JABBA barrels have hopper upgrades and facades. One barrel pulls unidentified seeds from a chest and puts them into the analyzer, and the second pulls identified seeds out of the analyzer and puts them into the other chest.

YOprHPX.png

If only those upgrades didn't require an unholy amount of wood to make. Wooden construction blocks, omg...

edit: and of course there just has to be a bug... the barel that takes identified seeds puts all the seeds in one stack. Combining their stats. So if you have one 10/10/10 seed, and you put a bunch of 1/1/1 seeds into the barrel *after* the 10/10/10 seed, all the seeds will become 10/10/10. And of course, all my skeleton seeds just became 1/1/1...

That is not a bug, JABBA is defined to unify things in the ore dictionary based on the first instance. So If you have four types of copper, putting the first in you want will convert all other forms to that same type. This is an extension of that function, so not a bug, just an unintended consequence of JABBA doing what it is programmed to do.

Reactions: ToxicFallenAngel

wavesmc

Jul 29, 2019
Having Issues Installing? Try select a different download server under the advanced options of the launcher.
If things seem a little wonky after updating from a previous version, try doing a Force Update (under options on the launcher)

fvpemr1.png

Introduction:

Let me introduce you all to the modpack I've been working on - Regrowth.
It's a HQM driven pack where you find yourself in a desolate wasteland, lacking in natural growth and sparse of materials except for a few boulders and dead, charred trees. You'll quickly discover the depths of the earth to be barren as well, devoid of any form of ore. You will need to find a way to start restoring the presence of nature back to the world, and in doing so find yourself a way to start producing the materials you'll need to produce a thriving industry.

The pack is heavily adjusted to be a more cohesive experience through the usage of minetweaker and modtweaker, with just over 1000 lines of scripts at the time of writing this.
A large part of the idea behind the pack came from a couple of "what if?"s. Specifically, the pack was designed to be without ore, but while still having a world to work with. The other was to do so without the use of something like Ex Nihilo, finding a way to unlock access to resources for the player with the standard mods that exist in the pack.

Regrowth is now on the FTB launcher as a listed Third Party pack!!!

HaighYorkie has done a great spotlight on the pack, highlighting some of the key points of it, well worth checking out

Mod List:
Google Doc

Repository of scripts:
Github

Screenshots:
2oCzz8D.png

Fancy new title screen of the pack

cMnRdDo.png

Just an average world at creation

Check out the videos section for more media

Videos:

Changelogs:
Full running changelog, including for versions in development can be viewed here

Mod Changes:
- Updated Enchiridion 2 to 2.0d
- Updated Modtweaker to 0.7.5
Config Changes:
- CodeChickenCore
- Actually made creepers environmentally friendly this time
- Enhanced Inventories
- Disabled Natura Wood integration as Tigerwood seemed to be causing a recipe lookup crash in NEI
- Witchery
- Disabled Village spawns since witchery decided it wanted to spawn villages in wasteland type biomes
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Fix dye essence -> cactus green recipe removal also resulting in eelgrass to cactus green removal
Quest Changes:
- Fix Quest "What a Tool" AGAIN. Apparently this breaks every time TiC updates...
- Made quests for dandelion and poppy seeds require quest "Soiled Plans"
- Made quest "It's Essential" no longer require "Soiled Plans". Hopefully this will allow worlds to transition from 0.6.5 better

0.7.0!!!!
Mod Changes:
- Re-Added Binnie's Mods version 2.0-pre8
- Added CreeperCollateral 1.0.0B3-6
- Added Enchiridion 2 version 2.0c
- Added Enhanced Inventories version 1.0.8
- Added INpureCore version 1.0.0B9-54
- Added Magic Bees version 2.1.22
- Added Super Crafting Frame version 1.7.10.3
- Added Witching Gadgets version 1.1.2
- Updated Agricraft to 1.3.1
- Updated Applied Energistics 2 to Rv-2-beta-10
- Updated Automagy to 0.21.0
- Updated Bibliocraft to 1.10.2
- Updated Blood Magic to 1.3.1-7
- Updated Botania to 1.5-169
- Updated Buildcraft to 6.4.3
- Updated Buildcraft Compat to 6.4.0
- Updated Chisel to 2.3.7.34
- Updated Forbidden Magic to 0.561
- Updated Forge Multipart to 1.1.1.323
- Updated Garden Stuff to 1.5.2
- Updated Iguana Tinker's Tweaks to 2.1.3
- Updated JABBA to 1.2.1a
- Updated Mariculture to 1.2.4f
- Updated Mekanism (+Generators) to 7.1.2.185
- Updated Minecraft Forge to 10.13.2.1291
- Updated Modtweaker to 0.7.4
- Updated Railcraft to 9.5.0.0
- Updated Storage Drawers to 1.3.1
- Updated TC Node Tracker to 1.0.4
- Updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.5
- Updated Tinker's Construct to 1.8.3b
- Updated Traveller's Gear to 1.15.6
- Updated ttCore to 0.1-66
- Updated Witchery to 0.23.2
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Stripped out the configurations I'd done previously to shift it all to minetweaker scripts
- CodeChickenCore
- Enabled Environmentally friendly creepers config option so they won't be completely destroying your stuff making obnoxious holes in the ground
- CreeperCollateral
- Explosions now completely destroy blocks - no more tnt nether mining! :D
- Ender Zoo
- Blacklisted Concussion Creepers from spawning in the Outer Lands
- Enabled Enderminies attacking creepers
- Dire Wolves actually spawn now
- Forestry
- Disabled crafting window creation of bronze with ingots
- Gravestone
- Disabled Night Stone and Thunder stone for the sake of being more server friendly
- Disabled fog
- Iguana Tinker's Tweaks
- Massively loosened part restrictions. Only restictions now are for stopping some materials being made into pick and hammer heads.
- Set titanium to harvest level 6 (same as steel)
- Buffed Durabilities of osmium and titanium
- Reduced mining speed of titanium from 15 to 10
- Buffed osmium mining speed from 10 to 12
- increased reinforced level of titanium to 3
- reduced durability of refined glowstone to 300
- gave refined glowstone reinforced 5
- Mariculture
- Re-enabled TiC integration module - Titanium tools are back Yay!
- Magical Crops
- Nerfed a number of essence -> item outputs
- Nether Ores
- Nerfed Nether Osmium spawns
- Increased chance of Nether ores exploding from 5/1000 to 15/1000
- Quadrum
- Added Certus Quartz electron tube
- Resource Loader
- Enforce pre-1.5 Botania textures (I think the new ones are too high contrast and look bad) #IHateChange?
- Storage Drawers
- Activated invert shift config. Left click behaviour is now the same as JABBA barrels
- Traveller's Gear
- Redid the traveller's gear slot arrangement again to make space to include the traveller's gear specific slots (cloak, pauldron, vambrace) now that there's a mod in the pack that uses them
- Thaumic Exploration
- Moved potion effect IDs as they were conflicting with witchery
- ttCore
- Increased max level for the Anvil from 40 to 60
- Witchery
- Halve spawn weight of Hellhounds as they were somewhat drowning out other mobs
- Added lots of plants (~60) to mutandis mutations - namely saplings from EBXL and Natura and flowers from vanilla MC and EBXL
- Added Cracked sand to list of blocks replacable by the rite of nature's power
- Witching Gadgets
- Added Cracked sand to list of blocks TC Eldritch Obelisks and Hilltop Stones can spawn on
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Transferred all Agricraft mutations etc
- Made all essence producing crops require being grown on Tilled Garden Soil
- Made all flower seeds require growing on Untilled Garden Soil
- Made the essences required for seeds also spawn in mineshaft chests (they already spawned in dungeons) but half as common as in dungeons
- Re-enabled vanilla stone swords and axes as they are used in some things - namely witchery
- Fix Experience seeds accidentally still requiring a Strong essence to craft
- Moved Experience essence from being required for the extreme infusion stone to being required for the strong infusion stone
- Added Botania Alchemy recipe to turn potatoes poisonous and vice versa
- Addded recipe for Sheep spawn egg as sheep are required for some parts of witchery
- Added Botania Alchemy recipes to cycle through vanilla flowers (single block ones only)
- Added elemental essence recipes for gravel, quarried stone, abyssal stone, red rock, cracked sand, cloud, heat sand, tainted soil and packed ice
- Fixed Skystone elven trade recipe only requiring one livingrock per skystone. Apparently multiples have to be in separate itemstacks to count properly
- Added thermionic fabricator recipe for certus quartz electron tube
- Changed inscriber recipes for AE2 processors. Why yes, I am evil, thank you for noticing
- Removed recipe for making nether wart from nether essence to encourage actually farming nether wart, especailly now that it properly respects the gain stat
- Lower output of skeleton essence -> bone recipe
- Added wither essence -> necotic bone recipe
- Removed Glowstone <-> Redstone Alchemy catalyst recipe - including removing it from the lexica botania
- Removed elemental essence -> snowball recipe to encourage farming of snowbell seeds
- Removed dye essence -> cactus green recipe to encourage farming of cactus
- Added smeltery and crucible furnace melting recipes for elemental essences
- Removed air essence -> feather recipe
- Added recipes for spawn eggs for 9 more mobs, mostly hostile but 2 are passive
- Removed Steel Blocks and Hopper minecarts from mineshaft dungeon loot (witch circles pull from this). Them being there still was an oversight - woops
- Changed recipe for thaumometer to require a mana lens instead of glass
- Remove Witchery garlic from seed drops and add mutation for it
- Fixed accidental use of .withTag() instead of .onlyWithTag() making energy cubes other than basic not craft properly
- Fixed there being two different recipes for making osmium ore from osmium essence
- Remove recipes for seed bags that had been missed previously
- Hide all seed bags in NEI
- Added alternate recipe for crafting table that requires a 3x3 to make, so first crafting table will still require hatchet, but any further ones don't necessarily - mostly because AE apparently doesn't like the hatchet recipe for autocrafting
- Remove Ender Essence from the Regular Infusion stone recipe so that its craftable in the Spirit world
- Expanded the Mana Alchemy recipe for beehives to include the ones from Extra Bees and Magic Bees
- Now Wither Witches can't drop redstone either.
Quest Changes:
- Added a new quest in "What the World Came to" to reflect the new requirement for Tilled Garden Soil for Magic crops
- Added a quest about the garden trowel and flower arranging
- Bumped rep requirement for "The Witching Hour" from 20 to 30 to account for recent additions making the quest available slightly too early
- Added a quest for the forestry worktable
- Rejigged a large number of requirements that previously required completing certain seed quests to instead require new hidden conditional quests for the appropriate resources. This should also reduce the amount of nested requirements causing lag with some quests.
- Added 31 new quests to "The Life of the World" for the various seeds that can be mutated with Agricraft
- Removed Subdued spirits from quest "Dream a Little Dream of Me" as they can prove rather difficult to obtain before you've necessarily got a dream rather than a nightmare
- Added a quest for the sheep spawn egg now that it has a recipe
- Rejigged a number of quest rewards - including nerfing many of the floral fertilizer reward amounts as it was a little too potent with very little need to ever make more.
- Moved rep requirements into seperate trigger quests to hopefully help make sure they unlock more reliably
- Lowered time to repeat on tier one essence quests to 2 MC days from 3
- Changed the rewards for all the essence seed quests to make the choice more meaningful
- Added Quite a few quests for witchery. It's now the most comprehensively covered mod in the pack other than agricraft
- Made "Hatching a Plan" no longer have a trigger task
- Added Quests for Enhanced Inventories chests
- Added a quest for the Super Crafting Frame
- Added quests for more spawn eggs
- Initial Thaumcraft quests!
- Moved Quest "On the Move" to "What the World Embraces"

Mod Changes:
- Updated Agricraft to 1.2.3-Snapshot-1
- Updated Automagy to 0.19
- Updated Bagginses to 1.2.1
- Updated Botania to 1.4-157
- Updated Mariculture to 1.2.4d-13
- Updated Traveller's Gear to 1.15.0
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Re-added missing mutation for Nature Seeds (was accidentally removed in 0.6.3 when updating to Agricraft 1.2.2)
- AE2
- Re-enabled the quartz cutting knife and quartz wrench. Those weren't supposed to be disabled
- Mekanism
- Changed the Hydrogen Energy Density to 355 based on research by Amadeus99
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Force refresh the table page in the Thaumonomicon to show the correct recipe
Quest Changes:
- Added a little more information to the Witchery infusion quests
- Tweaked the rewards for the runecrafting quests a little

Mod Changes:
- Updated Botania to 1.4-156
- Updated NEI Integration to 1.0.6
Config Changes:
- Mob Properties
- Zombies really don't drop iron ingots now - I'd done derped
Quest Changes:
- Reduced number of requirements of some quests - should hopefully reduce the amount of lag being encounterered in the later stages of the questbook
- Added more information to "Not Farmville 3" concerning the new soil logic of Agricraft, specifically for sugarcane

0.6.3 - New things and bug squishing
Mod Changes:
- Added Automagy version 0.18
- Added Bagginses version 1.2
- Added TC Node Tracker version 1.0.1
- Updated Agricraft to 1.2.2
- Updated Botania to 1.4-155
- Updated Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.5
- Updated Forestry to 3.4.0.7
- Updated Mariculture to 1.2.4d-12
- Updated Storage Drawers to 1.2.2
- Updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.4
- Updated Thaumcraft NEI Plugin to 1.7
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Added tilled garden soil to soil whitelist, so it can now have crops placed on it and will not let vanilla farming occur anymore.
- Iguana TiC Tweaks
- Lowered mining level of Nether Rutile ore
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Fixed impure titanium being castable into titanium ingots
- Re-enable vanilla wooden and diamond swords due to being needed for witchery and FM respectively
- Disabled seed bags from Natura as they could bypass Vanilla farming being disabled
- Removed Cactus recipe from nature essence as it now has a crop which can be gotten through mutations
- Added recipes to obtain all the saplings from EBXL and Natura
- Added recipes to turn mushrooms into mushroom seeds
Quest Changes:
- Fixed Accidentally giving Creative mana tablets from quest "Moving More Mana"
- Lowered number of crafts required for "Blasting Off Again"
- Changed "Earthen Armaments" to require Elementium armour rather than Terrasteel, and changed the name to match
- Moved which harvest task in "Reclamation" that Nether Rutile was in
- Added a couple of new quests covering BC transport pipes in more detail to "What the World Enables"
- Added a couple of quests covering the bags from Bagginses to "What the World Embraces"
- "Guard Tree" now requires "Distilled Sunshine (Not Really)" instead of "Wicked Shrubbery"
0.6.2 - Hopefully Stabilising
Mod Changes:
- Updated Mariculture to release 1.2.4d-10
- This fixes the NEI Casting Handler Crash
- Updated Chisel 2 to 2.3.5.31
- This fixes not all types of chisel stone generating underground
- Updated Chisel Facades to 2.10
Config Changes:
-Mariculture
- Re-enabled Blood Magic integration thanks to Mariculture fixing the crash caused with the newest BM - Return of the Bound Rods
- Re-enabled NEI Casting Handler
- Minetweaker scripts
- Added recipe to make marble from earth and air essence
- Added recipes for granite, diorite and andesite from earth and fire essence
- Changed Air pump recipe to no longer require redstone
Quest Changes:
- Fixed a bunch of typos.
- Fixed the experience seeds quest giving the wrong tier of essence
- Fixed Quests "Feeling Tank" and "Steely Resolve" not detecting the tank parts properly
- Shifted the Witchery quests to their own section - "How the World Changes", once again due to lag caused by large numbers of quests in a single section.
- Changed reputation target to unlock certus essence to 70 to account for the new quests added in 0.6 (yes this is achievable only just with the current quests)

0.6.1 - Oh God Things Broke
Mod Changes:
- Updated forge to build 1277 server side
- Updated TiC tooltips to 1.2.3 - fixes all sorts of things breaking
Config Changes:
- Mariculture
- Disabled NEI Casting Handler. Should fix some weird crashes

0.6 - Long Time Coming
Mod Changes:
- Added MobProperties version 0.3.4
- Updated Agricraft to 1.2.1
- Updated Applied Energistics 2 to rv2-beta-7
- Updated Buildcraft to 6.3.3 (And added the new Compat module)
- Updated Blood Magic to 1.3.0b-3
- Updated Botania to 1.3-153
- Updated Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.4.4
- Updated Chisel 2 to 2.3.3.28
- Updated Chisel Facades to 2.9
- Updated CustomMainMenu to 1.1
- Updated COFH Core to 3.0.0B9-99
- Updated Ender Zoo to 1.0.9.18
- Updated Garden Stuff to 1.2.2
- Updated Gravestone to 2.11.3
- Updated HQM to 4.2.2
- Updated Mariculture to 1.2.4b
- Updated Mekanism (+Generators) to 7.1.2.157
- Updated NEI Integration to 1.0.5
- Updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.3
- Updated Thaumic Exploration to 1.1-36
- Updated TiC Tooltips to 1.2.2
- Updated Traveller's Gear to 1.14.6
- Updated ttCore to 0.1.0-56
- Updated WAILA Plugins to 0.0.1-12
- Updated Witchery to 0.22.0
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Fix Typo in melon mutation
- Drop Essence Seeds from tier 4 to tier 2
- Used CustomCrops to add Rutile Seeds - Grow ALL the titanium
- Added mutation for the new wolfsbane crop from witchery
- Add mutations to get potato and carrot, just in case you lose your quest reward ones...
- Blood Magic
- Removed Certus Quartz ore from the Nether Star meteor
- COFH Core
- Made some grass spawn in place of cracked sand in Witchery's Spirit World
- Made Vanilla ores spawn, quite frequently in Witchery's Spirit World
- Mariculture
- Disabled Blood Magic Compat due to incompatability with BM 1.3.0b - No more Bound fishing rods :(
- Enabled the Hardcore Diving module - diving equipment is actually useful now :D
- Mob Properties
- Removed Redstone from list of drops from Witches
- Removed Iron ingots from list of drops from Zombies
- Lowered Damage output of Zombie Pigmen
- Nether Ores
- Significantly buff Nether Rutile Spawns along with Nether Emerald and Nether Diamond
- Re-Enabled Zombie Pigmen Aggro *Insert Evil Laugh Here*
- Thaumcraft
- Disabled Champion mobs from spawning randomly
- Buffed Aura node spawn rate to 1 every 24 chunks
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Dropped Exp Seeds from tier 3 to 2
- Halved Energy cost of Redstone Chipset
- Changed recipe of Water Tank Siding to use pipe sealant instead of slime
- Made the world anchor MUCH cheaper so it can be gotten reasonably early
- Changed Recipe for magical fertilizer - It can also now be used to insta-grow any plant considered tier 4+ in Agricraft!
- Change display name of redstone engine to wooden engine since it no longer has redstone anywhere in its recipe
- Added recipes for Rutile seeds, and for making rutile ore from essence
- Changed the recipe for the Attuned stone - it now uses a Mana Diamond instead of a normal diamond
- Changed the recipe for the Blood Altar - witchery, botania and thaumcraft required
- Changed the recipe for the Blank Slate - now uses livingrock instead of smoothstone
- Added recipe for Green Heart Canisters
- Removed recipe for Stirling Engine
- Changed Chainmail to melt into iron rather than steel, script courtesy of SixOnTheBeach
- Removed the new wofsbane seed from witchery from tall grass drops
- Fixed bug in the dungeon loot scripts
- Buffed drop rates of clay, belladonna and pasture seeds
- Added recipe for making limestone from earth and water essence
- Added recipe for manaPearl from wispy cotton
Quest Changes:
- Fixed Quests "'Ello Poppet" and "Recipes for Disaster?" to have NBT independant detection for crafting of the witches brews book and poppets
- Quest "Flower Power" now requires "You Sap" to be completed first
- Added Quests "What a Wanderful World" and "Natural Nuances" to "What the World Came To Be"
- Split "What the World is Made Of" into two sets ("Made Of" and "Built From") to reduce lag caused by large numbers of open quests and repeatables being on the same page
- Removed the Unobtainable Nether Magnesium Ore from Quest "Reclamation"
- Moved Exp Seeds quest to the tier 2 magic crops section
- Added quest for the newly added Rutile Seeds in the tier 3 section
- Added quest for Magical Fertilizer
- Added a few more quests to "What the World Enables" pertaining to technology in RC, BC and Forestry
- Added lots of quests basically <- aka the point where I gave up writing changeelog entries for all of the new quests. There's 60 new ones, can you blame me?

0.5.2 - Yes, this is a thing
Mod Changes:
- ReUpdated Bibliocraft to 1.9.2 after the accidental downgrade in 0.5.1, Herpy Derp Derp
Config Changes:
Quest Changes:
- Fixed reward on "(in)Fusion-Ha!" giving the regular instead of weak essence
- Changed number of crafts required on a number of quests to account for multiple item crafts only being counted as one
- Changed reward for quest "Portable Storage" due to the chest contents changing from world to world
- One of the secret quests should now become visible properly

0.5.1 - The obligatory bugfix release following a big update
Mod Changes:
- Updated Agricraft to 1.1.1
- Updated COFH Core to 3.0.0B9-80
- Updated Iguana Tinker's Tweaks to 2.1.2
- Updated Mariculture to 1.2.4 (1.7.10 Final version)
- Updated NotEnoughItems to 1.0.4.83
- Updated Tinker's Construct to 1.8.2a
- Updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.0
- Thaumium, Elemental and Void tools will now have the intended harvest levels! \o/
- Updated WAILA to 1.5.8a
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Update allows Custom crops to give mod items as fruit - Nature crops now give Nature essence as intended rather than the cactus green proxy
- Ender Zoo
- Hopefully disabled the chance for Fallen Knights equipment to be enchanted to hopefully avoid a crash
- Iguana Tinkers Tweaks
- Fixed Flint not being a valid material for tool rods, inadvertantly making the atlas unobtainable
- Blacklisted Obsidian as a valid material for Pickaxe heads
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Removed the temporary recipe for making nature essence from cactus green
Quest Changes:
- Added dummy rep rewards to all quests not already giving rep rewards
- Added more info to Quest "Spreading the love"
- Fixed Quest "Ender-ference" to require killing an enderman, rather than an enderminy
- Changed Quest "Certus Certification" to require a Mechanist Rep of 50 to unlock
- Added an extra reward to one of the hidden quests
- Fixed a derp which resulted in the quest "Coal Seeds" only requiring the runic altar. Now correctly requires "Carbon Connection" as well.

0.5 - Play with ALL the things!
Mod Changes
- Added Steve's Barren Lands by Vswe, written specifically for the pack
- Updated Agricraft to 1.1.0a
- Updated Bibliocraft to 1.9.2
- Updated Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.4.2
- Updated COFH Core to 3.0.0B9-73
- Updated CustomMainMenu to 1.0
- Updated Forbidden Magic to 0.552
- Updated TiC Tooltips to 1.2.0
- Updated WAILA Harvestability to 1.1.1
Config Changes
- Agricraft
- Added missing mutation for Grape seeds
- Added Custom crop for Nature Essence. However it currently harvests to cactus green until I can get it working with Nature Essence
- Disabled Water block spawning from irrigation tanks if broken while containing water
- Custom Main Menu
- Added tooltips to a couple of buttons on the main menu
- EBXL
- Caved to feedback and disabled villages. However reenabling them can be done without breaking progression at all. If you wish to do so, the option can be found in extrabiomes.cfg
- Gravestone
- Disabled Crafting of Monster Spawners
- HQM
- Added opening lore text and accompanying lore.ogg courtesy of Vaygrim
- Iguana TiC Tweaks
- Shifted Manyllyun to Harvest Level 8, replacing Titanium and making it actually possible to get Osmium again since TiC 1.8.1 broke mariculture titanium tools
- Mariculture
- Make Fishing biome independant
- Disabled TiC module as it doesn't work properly with TiC 1.8.1 anyway
- Nether Ores
- Changed harvest level of Nether Amber Ore from 5 to 3
- Ruins
- Made the dead trees and boulders able to spawn in ocean biomes. It is still recommended to start in the wasteland though, as you won't have the dead grass on an island in the ocean
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Changed Recipe for AE2 Charger, so AE2 should now be playable, albeit it with many recipes left untouched which likely will be tweaked in the future
- Changed Quest Book recipe to be easily craftable from the start in case of losing the one you start with
- Changed Recipe for Coke Oven Bricks and Sandy Blocks - now requires seared bricks rather than normal bricks
- Made all beehives obtainable through the alchemy catalyst - start by crafting a Modest Hive on the runic altar
- Add recipes for spawn eggs for Cows, Pigs, Villagers, Wolves & Ocelots
- Changed recipe of TC4 table to require greatwood specifically
- Manually fix JABBA structural recipes to use ore dict until fixed by the mod
- Tweaked piston, makes a lot more tech available earlier - especially BC pipes
- Changed recipes for a number of engines, to counteract the above change
- Fix incorrect ore dict tag for Nether Sulfur Ore in Sulfur seed recipe
- Made Rutile Ore meltable in smeltery
- Fixed Chisel recipe again, seems Iguana TiC tweaks' update broke my old recipe
- Changed BM Bound tools to be made with elementium tools in the Binding Ritual, rather than diamond tools
- Added Temporary recipe for making Nature essence from cactus green and weak essence
Quest Changes
- Added more information to Quests "What a Tool", "Patterned Response" and "You Sap"
- Added a few more quests to "What the World Teaches"
- Started writing more of a witchery questline
- Added info and rewards to Quest "Smith of the Year"
- Added Tier 4 Magic Crops Quests to "What the World is Made of"
- Added Quest for Coke Oven to "What the World Enables"
- Added Chapter "What the World Embraces" for quests related to storage and other miscellaneous things
- Added a couple of secret quests - sshhh, it's a secret
- Added first BC quests to "What the World Enables"
- Added Quests for Titanium and the Blast Furnace to "What the World Enables"

People/Credits etc:
- Myself, maker of the pack
- @HeilMewTwo - Tester/Progression Breaker, also was a great help in finding some of the mods I needed to fill roles in the pack.
- Almsivi - Pack Art, Pack tester. Check out her blog of art stuff, she takes commisions - link
- @Vaygrim - The voice behind the HQM intro for the pack
- @Vswe - For Making Steve's Barren Lands specifically for this pack
- Other early pack testers including cublikefoot and AstroBotanist
SXNwMRf.png

wavesmc

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i was wondering if theres any way to update a server from 0.6.5 to the lastest without having to reset all the quests,

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Is the Auto Workbench supposed to refuse to take my weak infusion stone? It takes everything else without issue as far as I can tell.

Edit; Actually it won't take any non stackable items. I'mma research this to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Update on the Auto-bench, nope, nothing suggests I'm doing this wrong, I just can't place any of the essence stones into the recipe area....

I think this is by design, I remember reading somewhere (in the buildcraft wiki?) that you're supposed to use the advanced (laser-powered) autocrafting table for non-stackables.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i was wondering if theres any way to update a server from 0.6.5 to the lastest without having to reset all the quests,
There really isnt, if you try updating your world without any .dat file changes you will get borked quest books
The easiest method is to delete all players hqm player.dat file and re-edit their individual quests
Sorry

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep Direwolves from spawning inside your base? I don't want to disable them but it's super annoying to come back in from tending the garden and get jumped by a pack that spawned inside your house where the light level should prevent mobs from spawning. I like the challenge they add to early game survival but it's a bit ridiculous to be completely unsafe in you own home.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep Direwolves from spawning inside your base? I don't want to disable them but it's super annoying to come back in from tending the garden and get jumped by a pack that spawned inside your house where the light level should prevent mobs from spawning. I like the challenge they add to early game survival but it's a bit ridiculous to be completely unsafe in you own home.

The wolves obey the same spawn mechanics except they spawn in an area with a few wolves. More then likely if you add torches to your base in a perimeter so they can not be right up against a wall...they should have a buffer hat keeps their area spawns outside the walls.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
That's the problem.. the dire wolves are hard-coded to spawn in any light level. You can turn down their spawn frequency in config/enderzoo/SpawnConfig_User.xml, but the chance still exist.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I know what they are, there are plenty of posts describing bugs people are having with it. But I don't get them, which leads me to believe that it's user error. And the other 1.7.10 pack I did mariculture processing on was on a server.
I'm not sure how much the script to change the amount of molten ores changed the total function of the crucible furnace, that might have an effect on the output of liquids. Or I could be wrong, as is totally possible.

I haven't had any bugs with the Crucible on my server, though occassionally I get a weird client-side error. My wife and I, for example, may have different displays from same crucible (how much the internal tank is holding). Usually a quick disconnect/reconnect solves the issue, and we've never lost any materials.

Reactions: ToxicFallenAngel

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had any bugs with the Crucible on my server, though occassionally I get a weird client-side error. My wife and I, for example, may have different displays from same crucible (how much the internal tank is holding). Usually a quick disconnect/reconnect solves the issue, and we've never lost any materials.

I had two cases of the bottom half disappearing in 0.65. I was using hoppers and decided (perhaps wrongly) those were the cause so stopped using them. I haven't seen another incident since in either 0.65 or 0.71 (knock on wood.)

From reading the Mariculture threads around, I think this is not a pack issue but a base mod issue.