[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I was watching a stream and realize that polished andesite is an AWESOME block for floors!
Even the other day I was thinking that there isnt a good 'neutral' block for floors besides cooked stone slabs and always using the same floor in every base its boring. Seems polished andesite is the answer. Specially if you have Faithfull x32 or x64
I like playing on Vanilla textures, especially when I'm using a mod like Chisel where the mod author worked hard on making sure everything looked amazing. And yeah, I've got a bunch of andesite lying around, I'll try that.

Edit: Forgot that's what I'm using for my sidewalk next to my road :p

Reactions: JustHeyo

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Can Nether Wart only grow in the nether now? Before people start bitching i did look it up online and cant find anything so shhh!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I was watching a stream and realize that polished andesite is an AWESOME block for floors!
Even the other day I was thinking that there isnt a good 'neutral' block for floors besides cooked stone slabs and always using the same floor in every base its boring. Seems polished andesite is the answer. Specially if you have Faithfull x32 or x64

I typically browse the chisel blocks for ideas. There are a lot of options in those and you can easily try one, decide you don't like it, then use chisel on the block to revert them to the base... or a new one to try. Waste annoys me even with the plethora of materials I have one I am settled and my seeds are in order. :)

I like a lot of the new cobblestone chisel blocks as they are easy early. Don't have to cook a bunch of stone up. My complaints on diorite, andesite and granite is there are few options in chisel (or were in 0.65, not sure I've checked since 0.71 dropped.) There were just the base block and two others. I did use polished granite as a baseboard for my walls in one world, and trim around the doors. I like the panels and dented blocks on the whole though, as you can get some interesting texture without a lot of different colors. Ditto for chisel woods. The wood panels and the long two-slabish blocks are nice.

But I digressed, he was asking about paths... might try searching on "path" in NEI too. Or road. For a greenhouse I'd be looking at the various mossy blocks as potentials.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Can Nether Wart only grow in the nether now? Before people start bitching i did look it up online and cant find anything so shhh!
Nope, but it needs to be low light levels. General thought seems to be that it could grow in all light levels previously due to a bug that was inadvertently fixed and therefore went undocumented.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, but it needs to be low light levels. General thought seems to be that it could grow in all light levels previously due to a bug that was inadvertently fixed and therefore went undocumented.

But I think the mod dev said he would revert wort to all light levels. I just plant it in a small room (tiny!) where only cropped netherwort is in an area where monsters COULD spawn if the crops weren't there. And slab the entry path from the lighter areas just in case. Haven't seen anything spawn in the darker area yet. I have a Forestry moisterizer thing in there too, making mycelium and mossy cobble (for moss upgrades) in there too. Those need water and dark, but no power.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys Quick problem i'm still having and it seems to be getting worse. Last episode i made the Witchery Fume thing. When i log out after the episode the fume thing was in my inv. When i just logged back in i still had the Fume thing and all the items used to make it were still in the Crafting station. I still think there is a saving glitch or something. Not complaining but that in 2 blocks of iron i got back. It was in 6.5. I am updating today as we speak to .7.1. So hopefully it will be fixed but i don't think anyone knows this is happening. They just have item disappear and don't think anything about cept in this case they reappeared when they aren't supposed to. FYI!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys Quick problem i'm still having and it seems to be getting worse. Last episode i made the Witchery Fume thing. When i log out after the episode the fume thing was in my inv. When i just logged back in i still had the Fume thing and all the items used to make it were still in the Crafting station. I still think there is a saving glitch or something. Not complaining but that in 2 blocks of iron i got back. It was in 6.5. I am updating today as we speak to .7.1. So hopefully it will be fixed but i don't think anyone knows this is happening. They just have item disappear and don't think anything about cept in this case they reappeared when they aren't supposed to. FYI!

Heh... good luck with your update. It will make the fume issue seem insignificant. :)

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The thread would neither be tiny nor toxic if people would stop being lazy little turds and search for their issue before clogging up the thread. The thread would be more easily searchable, more on-topic, and would in fact be less toxic since those of us who aren't lazy wouldn't be so aggravated with every other post being "HOW DOES ME FICKS PRUBLEME?" which was solved a page ago, or is a known issue, or is in the changelog, or is in the questbook, or is in the in-mod documentation, or can be answered by researching the base mod, or can be answered with a simple google search, or can be answered with a thread search. For example, this whole argument your waging against those of us who are infuriated over this whole thing wouldn't be here if people would actually bother to try to solve their own problems.

Like this jerk. It's in the changelog, it's in the questbook, it's keyword searchable, it's all over the last few pages. But no, instead of doing his due diligence, he gets on and feels like everyone should just stop what they're doing and explain to him what to do with the shortest words possible.

You need to take a break from answering then, and let others do it. You have no right to talk like that.

Why would you think it would be toxic? Everyone here is generally nice and helpful. Some of us do sometimes get annoyed when we answer the same question 10 times in an hour.

I think a thread that was 25% as big but had little to no repeated information in it would be awesome.

That said I think this discussion isn't helping the thread much so I'll stop now. Feel free to get your last word in.

It's already toxic, the guy I quoted above actually called someone a jerk. Do stop, and don't reply until you calm down. Same goes for the rest of you poor tired fellows who must answer the "jerks" that ask the same question over and over.

Sorry.....

Don't be sorry, there is nothing wrong about asking questions. These rude guys do not represent the community.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
i understand that its frustrating answering same questions over and over again flooding up the forums but isnt it a lil ironic talking about how answering questions floods up the forums took up 3 er 4 pages ? :p
The irony was not lost on me. :p And what do you guys think of the greenhouse so far?
Greenhouse.png

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, I wanna clear the air here and say that I'm not "cranky" because of the same questions being asked over and over again... Well, that's contributing, I suppose, but I'd be just as mad anyway.

The thing is, I hate stupidity. Like, a lot. As in, the kind of stupidity where someone can't be bothered to look in the questbook, or the changelog, or google, and instead decides that it's better to waste people's time trying to solve their issue than spend the five or so minutes it would take to try to find a cursory solution to their issue. When someone says that their seeds won't grow, what do they do, it bugs the living heck outta me because the resources are--as have been said before--all over the place, yet they refuse to do anything for themselves and instead come onto this thread expecting everyone else to solve their problems for them. It's not just the stupidity, it's the laziness and the entitlement, too. After all, why bother solving your own problems when you can just go on the forum and bug other people to do it for you?

It's that general attitude and lack of basic logic and problem solving skills that gets me so mad, and so long as I see it, I'm not going to just smile sweetly and tell every little moron who comes on why their seeds won't plant. I'm going to tell them that they need to put some minuscule amount of effort into trying to solve their own darned issues before they waste other people's time with their stupidity.

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played Minecraft for 4 years, and a friend recently wanted me to try this modpack out of the blue. Thoroughly confused. The books do help, but there was one error that took us literally an hour to solve. In the quest where you create the Diluted Mana Pool, I wish it would tell you that you needed to throw a Diluted Mana Pool IN the other one. Directions unclear, dick in toaster.

Also; How do you get Iron? I mined for ages and never found any minerals/ores, dug down to y-12 even to look for diamonds. Which I also couldn't find.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played Minecraft for 4 years, and a friend recently wanted me to try this modpack out of the blue. Thoroughly confused. The books do help, but there was one error that took us literally an hour to solve. In the quest where you create the Diluted Mana Pool, I wish it would tell you that you needed to throw a Diluted Mana Pool IN the other one. Directions unclear, dick in toaster.

Also; How do you get Iron? I mined for ages and never found any minerals/ores, dug down to y-12 even to look for diamonds. Which I also couldn't find.

The reason I believe the questbook doesn't mention it is because it is well documented in both NEI and the Lexica Botania how to get the mana pool. As for iron, you need to follow the quests in the "What the World is Made Of" Questline. It's part of the quests that use the first infusion stone. If you're ever wondering about resources, they're either in that questline or "What the World is Built From" for your more end-game resources like diamonds and certus quartz.

Reactions: RagefaceKurosaki

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019

only ores in this pack are in the nether, and the lexica botania would tell you about the mana pool as is recommened to read all the italized things in that book b4 starting botania. and you have to follow the quests to work up to iron seeds

Edit: got ninja'd