[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Merick118

Jul 29, 2019
So I've noticed a few people are having crashes after looking up recipes in NEI, I've been having the same thing. I crash whenever the server I play on times out, which it does a lot, and then when I log back in it crashes once I look up one recipe. There is no particular mod block recipe that is causing this from what I have seen. Here's the crash log from my most recent crash:

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-17_16.38.38-client.txt
    29.6 KB · Views: 48

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if it is a bug, or my inexperience, but the crucible seems to give a random chance to produce a material that the ingot caster cannot process when smelting impure dusts. Such as electrum or nickel.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if it is a bug, or my inexperience, but the crucible seems to give a random chance to produce a material that the ingot caster cannot process when smelting impure dusts. Such as electrum or nickel.

Probably caused by me checking if the recipe should be added based on whether there is a fluid for that metal or not. Which I seem to add no matter what... *makes the check, check if there is a valid ingot*

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Question: if I smelt 3 stacks of copper ore in a crucible, and I get copperous dust, and from that, I get 1 cobalt;does it break the spirit of the modpack to make a cobalt pickaxe with it?

You're encountering the Crucible furnace scripts breaking. Those dusts are not actually obtainable when those scripts are working properly. You're also likely getting 2 ingots per ore when you should only be getting 1.5.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
You're encountering the Crucible furnace scripts breaking. Those dusts are not actually obtainable when those scripts are working properly. You're also likely getting 2 ingots per ore when you should only be getting 1.5.
Oh, well, I'll restart, and throw away 1/4th of my ingots. Thanks.

Also, won't an /Mt reload fix that?

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, well, I'll restart, and throw away 1/4th of my ingots. Thanks.

Also, won't an /Mt reload fix that?
Unfortunately no. AE2 doesn't like recipes for its inscriber being reloaded and will cause any NEI recipe lookup to cause a crash. Annoyingly this even effects exiting a world/server and going into another one or even the same one without relaunching the client.

Reactions: Liquid Klone

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
This. You, sir, understand.

Honestly, what gets me so "attitudinous," for lack of a better word, is that people can be so blatantly stupid when it comes to these kinds of things. Either something happens and they're too stupid to try other ways to get something done (because, ya know, maybe they're actually not doing something right), and/or they're too lazy to bother to look up an answer for themselves, so they come onto this thread expecting everyone else to waste their time trying to explain a basic mechanic that's shoved down their throat in the questbook, reinforced with in-mod documentation, and which can be learned about by looking at the first answer on a google search.

TLDR: If you're stupid, lazy, and/or entitled, and you don't try to solve your own problems, I immediately dislike you, and I don't give a flying FAQ about hurting your precious widdle feelings.

I agree with you, though having a little patience is always good.

So I've noticed a few people are having crashes after looking up recipes in NEI, I've been having the same thing. I crash whenever the server I play on times out, which it does a lot, and then when I log back in it crashes once I look up one recipe. There is no particular mod block recipe that is causing this from what I have seen. Here's the crash log from my most recent crash:

If you will kindly look up a previous post of mine, you will see that I posted a solution that has worked for me. This may well solve your issue, as well as any further NEI lookup issues (I've not had an issue since, and I look up almost every recipe I use just to make sure I've got it right. Memory isn't what it used to be lol).

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the problem is from having more than one type of molten metal in the smeltery at a time. If you only put one type of ore into the smeltery, or use the right amount of ore to create alloys so there isn't any leftover of either metal, then you shouldn't have an issue.
The problem is clearly BC pipes deleting small amounts of liquids when it lets multiple liquids in a pipe.

Yes you can work around BC being buggy and deleting your stuff but the blame is squarely on BC's shoulders.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is clearly BC pipes deleting small amounts of liquids when it lets multiple liquids in a pipe.

Yes you can work around BC being buggy and deleting your stuff but the blame is squarely on BC's shoulders.
Well honestly it would help if someone actually reported this bug on the BC github. Maybe then it would actually get fixed...

Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
seems to be a pattern of reporting mod specific bugs to a modpack instead of the authors :p

Which is the right thing to do, because not everyone knows what is mod-specific and what isn't. The modpack maker needs to see if it's his issue first, then inform the authors of separate mods.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Which is the right thing to do, because not everyone knows what is mod-specific and what isn't. The modpack maker needs to see if it's his issue first, then inform the authors of separate mods.
Problem is that I haven't been able to reproduce this particular issue myself, so can not make a remotely well informed report to help them fix it at all.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I did several weeks ago when I first ran into it. Will look at its status.
I just looked and my issue is no longer on the issue tracker.

I'll re add it tonight when I get home and reproduce it again. Been a couple of weeks since I've used the pipes so want to make sure my memory is correct.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if items placed in a composter is better than others? I know that pumpkins seem to be the best in terms of numbers/per and all that. I was just wondering if it is set up to where say a stack of wheat gets you more than a stack of seeds as it should be. I'm not having any trouble with getting things to put in there, just wondering if it was set up that way, or if it produces the same amount regardless of the size/weight of the item.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mod request. Feel free to say no. It would make my life as a server admin a bit easier though.

I would like to run a backup mod for my server. The only such mod I know of is AromaBackup. The problem is that AromaBackup requires clients to have the mod. (which I don't understand but beggars can't be choosers)

So it would be awesome to have AromaBackup added to the pack. I think adding it as an optional mod (do 3rd party packs on FTB support optional mods?) would be best that way it is easy for people playing on servers with it to enable it and everyone else doesn't have it in their game.

PS: If someone knows of a backup mod that doesn't require it to be installed on the client let me know. I'm not attached to AromaBackup.

Thanks.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mod request. Feel free to say no. It would make my life as a server admin a bit easier though.

I would like to run a backup mod for my server. The only such mod I know of is AromaBackup. The problem is that AromaBackup requires clients to have the mod. (which I don't understand but beggars can't be choosers)

So it would be awesome to have AromaBackup added to the pack. I think adding it as an optional mod (do 3rd party packs on FTB support optional mods?) would be best that way it is easy for people playing on servers with it to enable it and everyone else doesn't have it in their game.

PS: If someone knows of a backup mod that doesn't require it to be installed on the client let me know. I'm not attached to AromaBackup.

Thanks.
be better to run a plugin wouldn't it? quick google search i found this one i cannot comment on if its any good or not http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/minebackup