[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Garfieldcfc

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a JAva 8 problem. Ignore anyone who says to not use Java 8. That is a Forge problem fixed months ago but they just readed somewhere that and keep posting to not use it. Java 8 is BETTER then Java 7 for MC.

About this problem, I bet your installation is corrupted. Force a new installation in the launcher options.

Thank you.

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
FYI - experienced crashes when trying to look up the recipe for the chisel. Crash logs pointed to applied energistics 2 which I updated from rv2.beta 10 to rv2.beta 13. No more crashes from that particular recipe.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I believe it's possible he's correct. The average of two 10/10/10's and two 0/0/0's (by not being completely surrounded) would indeed be 5/5/5. Try mutating with all cardinal directions filled with 10/10/10 and see how that does!

If you care to read, he said the breeding between two 10/10/10 plants, not two 10/10/10 and two impossible to obtain 0/0/0 plants. And if you're counting the non-parent spaces, please explain how one gets any form of genes from empty air.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so, quick question. Garden Soil. It's the new hotness. According to the wiki for the mod, it says it 100% does not need water at all to grow crops once it's tilled. Is that not the case? If so, why is Garden Soil now needed? Just curious, cause if the only advantage to the soil is gone, that seems like adding busy work to the pack.

EDIT Source: https://github.com/jaquadro/GardenCollection/wiki/Tilled-Garden-Soil

Has it not been established that this modpack alters lots of recipes and whatnot? It's not exactly a stretch of the imagination that garden soil would be changed to needing water, too. Plus, it adds a minor limiting factor on AFK essence breeding. Not really enough to slow it down (I absolutely love my manashears, by the by), but just enough to prevent you from planting hundreds of essence seeds as soon as you get them and brute forcing your way past Agricraft seed breeding.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
If you care to read, he said the breeding between two 10/10/10 plants, not two 10/10/10 and two impossible to obtain 0/0/0 plants. And if you're counting the non-parent spaces, please explain how one gets any form of genes from empty air.
Don't worry, it's all under control, I've lifted the text from the configuration and gotten rid of my misworded maths.. :) "On a mutation the stats on the crop will be divided by the number 2 - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane."

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, now I am a thinking...since I have the quest book reset...I could port over some resources to the Spirit world...... *evil demonic cackle*

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
this is the config

# On a mutation the stats on the crop will be divided by this number [range: 1 ~ 3, default: 2]
I:"Crop stat divisor"=2

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Clearing it up now. Tilled Garden Soil does NOT require hydration.
Also, I will get around to converting the second post in the thread to a FAQ section later today, but for the moment uni is taking precedent in my time.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry, it's all under control, I've lifted the text from the configuration and gotten rid of my misworded maths.. :) "On a mutation the stats on the crop will be divided by the number 2 - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane."
So breeding like 3 gives you 10/10/10? Or is it random? As I bred sugar can I noticed the first was 5/5/5, but the one next to it was 10/10/10.
Would that imply that a V shape is best for cross breeding maxed out plants now?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
FYI - experienced crashes when trying to look up the recipe for the chisel. Crash logs pointed to applied energistics 2 which I updated from rv2.beta 10 to rv2.beta 13. No more crashes from that particular recipe.
Updating AE does not solve the problem. It works fine the first time you start the game but if you save/quit to menu and reload again, it will crash. That is why I was having so much problems reproducing this crash. It only happens on the second time you start/join a game without restrting the client.

Attempting to load a 6.5 world in 7.1 appears to explode the universe. World doesn't load at all.
This is what happens when I try to open the world.
Sorry if this is dumb, I'm just incredibly confused and don't want to start over in Regrowth.
This is because HQM is trying to convert the old save to the new quests. It will take a lot of time and not garanteeed that everything is going to be ok. I recomend just removing the HQM folder from the save which will reset the progress, but you can always /hqm edit and give you back the progress.

Same the error is related to Enchiridion 2. Client boots okay, server does not.
The HQM converting world has nothing to do with the Enchiridion 2 bug. On servers, just go to the Enchiridion 2 config file and set "Disable Autodiscovery" to false

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Any word on Enhanced Inventories to prevent multiple client crashes when looking up recipes in game? Maybe suggest to get rid of it and add BetterChests in its place, in doing so you could even remove Bagginses. :) http://pastebin.com/dwgnc2rQ
Better Chests is the one that adds chests that are more than chests right? If so then that is definitely not going in the pack. And yea, I'm sure people would LOVE it if I were to remove Bagginses; they'd totally be happy to lose their bags and anything they're storing in them...

Garfieldcfc

Jul 29, 2019
So now I appear to be having problems launching a server. Crash Log:

[16:27:53] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[16:27:53] [Server console handler/ERROR]: Exception handling console input
java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid
at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer$2.run(DedicatedServer.java:97) [lv.class:?]
[16:28:45] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:515) ~[Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:88) ~[FMLServerHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:314) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:109) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:72) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:356) ~[Gson.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:802) ~[Gson.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:868) ~[Gson.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson$1.deserialize(Gson.java:126) ~[Gson$1.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.elements.ElementAbstractAdapter.deserialize(ElementAbstractAdapter.java:35) ~[ElementAbstractAdapter.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.elements.ElementAbstractAdapter.deserialize(ElementAbstractAdapter.java:18) ~[ElementAbstractAdapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:58) ~[TreeTypeAdapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:40) ~[TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:81) ~[CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:60) ~[CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:93) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:172) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:803) ~[Gson.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:768) ~[Gson.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:717) ~[Gson.class:?]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:689) ~[Gson.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.WikiRegistry.register(WikiRegistry.java:180) ~[WikiRegistry.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.WikiRegistry.registerData(WikiRegistry.java:162) ~[WikiRegistry.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.WikiRegistry.registerJar(WikiRegistry.java:138) ~[WikiRegistry.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.Enchiridion.preInit(Enchiridion.java:48) ~[Enchiridion.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513) ~[FMLModContainer.class:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513) ~[Loader.class:?]
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: joshie.enchiridion.wiki.gui.GuiMain
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:109) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:72) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.elements.ElementAbstractAdapter.deserialize(ElementAbstractAdapter.java:35) ~[ElementAbstractAdapter.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.elements.ElementAbstractAdapter.deserialize(ElementAbstractAdapter.java:18) ~[ElementAbstractAdapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:58) ~[TreeTypeAdapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:40) ~[TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:81) ~[CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:60) ~[CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:93) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.class:?]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:172) ~[ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.WikiRegistry.register(WikiRegistry.java:180) ~[WikiRegistry.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.WikiRegistry.registerData(WikiRegistry.java:162) ~[WikiRegistry.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.wiki.WikiRegistry.registerJar(WikiRegistry.java:138) ~[WikiRegistry.class:?]
at joshie.enchiridion.Enchiridion.preInit(Enchiridion.java:48) ~[Enchiridion.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513) ~[FMLModContainer.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513) ~[Loader.class:?]
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: joshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiScalable
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: joshie.enchiridion.wiki.gui.GuiScalable
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:101) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 5 more
[16:28:45] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\Chandler\Downloads\modpacks^Regrowth^0_7_1^RegrowthServer\.\crash-reports\crash-2015-03-16_16.28.45-server.txt

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
So breeding like 3 gives you 10/10/10? Or is it random? As I bred sugar can I noticed the first was 5/5/5, but the one next to it was 10/10/10.
Would that imply that a V shape is best for cross breeding maxed out plants now?
If I'm reading the config correctly, this factor is for mutations, not general stat increases.. I think 10/10/10 will always give you a mutation with 5/5/5 no matter how many plants are around. However, I read somewhere that having more crops with higher stats will give you higher stats on a child of the same species. More science is needed!

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm reading the config correctly, this factor is for mutations, not general stat increases.. I think 10/10/10 will always give you a mutation with 5/5/5 no matter how many plants are around. However, I read somewhere that having more crops with higher stats will give you higher stats on a child of the same species. More science is needed!
yep as i stated earlier the configs is set to divide by 2