[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Dorky106

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having a problem with the "not such a tool" quest?
Because I personally can't finish the quest.....
Using the 0.7.0 version of the pack

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Furthermore, to enhance the experience of the mod and to really add to the challenge, when you create a world make sure you disable Generate Structures. This will ensure that villages and such don't pop up all over the place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the world is supposed to be barren and empty, and getting access to those chests and villages, easy food and more right off the start kills any challenge the game has. Yes, this means the End portal doesn't generate but you can create a portal using recipes. Mine shafts are also OP as once more the chests completely unbalance the game. I'm in no way trying to discourage exploration but perhaps the chest loot needs to be looked at.

I have explored 8 worlds now with villages from Witchery on, and I fail to see how a village of any size, or chest unbalance the game what so ever.

1- the food that spawns in a village ie. Carrots, Wheat, & Potato's are the easy foods to get in the pack compaired to the others. So by the time you find a village I can have the easy seed cross breed.

2-What is in these chest that are unbalancing the game. Out of 30+ chest I looked in over the many worlds have made looking for thaumcraft structures(I still have found 0) I have yet to find anything that breaks anything.

3-if you're going to say the wood from the houses break the pack, WHY mine it? You job is to fix the world, am I suppose to think that I am the ONLY person left on a barren world? If so what's the point of fixing it up? I have yet to see anything a loot chest has that kills the pack. To be honest I don't feel that spending every sec of the game staring/afk'ing at crops very fun. Yes I like the pack, but if there was no world gen then this pack should be a sky block.

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
I have explored 8 worlds now with villages from Witchery on, and I fail to see how a village of any size, or chest unbalance the game what so ever.

1- the food that spawns in a village ie. Carrots, Wheat, & Potato's are the easy foods to get in the pack compaired to the others. So by the time you find a village I can have the easy seed cross breed.

2-What is in these chest that are unbalancing the game. Out of 30+ chest I looked in over the many worlds have made looking for thaumcraft structures(I still have found 0) I have yet to find anything that breaks anything.

3-if you're going to say the wood from the houses break the pack, WHY mine it? You job is to fix the world, am I suppose to think that I am the ONLY person left on a barren world? If so what's the point of fixing it up? I have yet to see anything a loot chest has that kills the pack. To be honest I don't feel that spending every sec of the game staring/afk'ing at crops very fun. Yes I like the pack, but if there was no world gen then this pack should be a sky block.

What I mean to say is that some of the chest loot allows much earlier access to technology and such that would not normally be available early on. I've found smelteries which you can tear apart and not only complete quests that would be more difficult but have an early smelting solution. There are other examples as well - Access to create certain seeds becomes possible much earlier as well. Because loot is randomized, it can vary from play to play.

Edit: Are nether fortresses affected by the generate structures option? If they are turning it off could kill the progression in this pack. IIRC you need blaze rods to create blaze seeds, also the alchemy catalyst. I don't know enough about vanilla to know if blazes will spawn outside of a nether fortress or if turning off structure generation will stop fortresses from spawning, but it could kill progression if there isn't a good way to get at least a couple of blaze rods from the nether.

Nether fortresses still spawn it seems as my original playthrough had structures disabled and there were nether fortresses.

Yup, without structures generating you won't get witchery circles and huts, which means no access to coven witches, and no hobgoblin huts which means no access to koboldite. I don't know about the former yet, but the koboldite is definitely in the quest chain. I wouldn't be surprised if the coven witches are needed eventually also.

This I didn't know - I'll take the advise above and see if there's a way to disable the villages only. However this is just my personal preference and I'm not in any way telling everyone they have to do the same.

Reactions: Yarma92

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019

Everything a village lets you do from quick early smeltery access, trading wheat for emeralds is circumventing the progression of this pack, and is not in the spirit of this pack. You do not have to spend every sec looking at crops or afk'ing. While crops are growing/spreading work on something else. Beef up mana gen, start progression on other quest lines, Re-model your bases layout. The resource trickle will soon turn its self into a torrent. This pack is designed to let you have multiple projects on the go at once.

Also I found thaumcraft towers in villages. They contained thaumium armor, glowstone, thauminum tools etc So yes village DO break progression.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Everything a village lets you do from quick early smeltery access, trading wheat for emeralds is circumventing the progression of this pack, and is not in the spirit of this pack. You do not have to spend every sec looking at crops or afk'ing. While crops are growing/spreading work on something else. Beef up mana gen, start progression on other quest lines, Re-model your bases layout. The resource trickle will soon turn its self into a torrent. This pack is designed to let you have multiple projects on the go at once.

Also I found thaumcraft towers in villages. They contained thaumium armor, glowstone, thauminum tools etc So yes village DO break progression.
Too bad the game cant do events that spawn a village once you reach (x) reputation... Storyline: Word has spread of your effort to rebuild, the few remaining survivors have begun a settlement not too far away... perhaps you should attempt contact?

Reactions: fimbrethil

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Quick quest suggestion, it might be good to have the quest "Soiled Plans" unlock slightly earlier, maybe just before the mutandis quest. So if people look at breeding cactus early for the dye, they'll know how to get the soil for the poppy mutation.
I did a restart, and early when I needed to make mutandis, I discovered by the quest book and be I that I needed poppy seeds, and be I told me I needed garden soil, however, I didn't know how to make it, but I did notice what mod it was, so searching that mod, it was obvious what to make, so I think the quests are fine.

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone located any Thuamcraft structures in .70 not including the towers in villages? I flew around quite a bit in creative on a new world and I am not sure if my luck was bad or they are still not spawning.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Crash from HQM when loading a world from 0.65 into 0.70; quest book was mostly completed, minus a few of the later quests and some Witchery stuff. Removing <world>/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat let the world load, but of course resets the progress. I take back what I said about not having to restart on an update. ;) Edit: Also happened on a quest book that wasn't very complete, I'm guessing something to do with the additions/re-ordering in the first chapter. Edit Edit: Also happens with a brand new world from 0.65, so not hopeful..
Code:
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 9
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.read(Quest.java:1283)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:852)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:605)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_549_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
[13:07:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Last edited:

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone located any Thuamcraft structures in .70 not including the towers in villages? I flew around quite a bit in creative on a new world and I am not sure if my luck was bad or they are still not spawning.
I have not seen any totems/obelisks yet. Will update if i find any

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Removed EnderMini's ability to attack Creepers (EnderZoo Config File) - (Reason - WAY too many explosions! It's Minecraft, not war)

Are you kidding? I love this! Whenever I hear an explosion, and the dying screams of an ender mini, I make a note to go check it out. I've gotten a few pearls that way. I like to think it's there to help with botania mana pearl recipes.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if someone has already said this, but an issue in 0.7:
Trying to place Nature Seeds in crops = not working (unless it is any type that isn't 1,1,1 as mine was 6,5,6)

Also, quests break if you update to 0.7

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mean that you are kind of forced to restart your world if you want to update from 0.6.5 to 0.7.0 then, if so I'd rather not tbh
Is there a work around for the quests breaking?
You are forced to clear out your quest book by deleting the players.dat file -- you can work around it (painfully...) by using /hqm edit, and completing all the quests you had done and tossing away the rewards. Enjoying your LP btw. :)

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
You are forced to clear out your quest book by deleting the players.dat file -- you can work around it (painfully...) by using /hqm edit, and completing all the quests you had done and tossing away the rewards. Enjoying your LP btw. :)
so if I am getting this straight: if I delete my player.dat file and re-login into my world the problem will be solved or do I also have to do the hqm edit thingy as well?

Thanks as well btw :)