[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
My entire kingdom for one creeper heart, so I can progress out of chests and get back to what I love best - AE Storage. And yes I'm using Arthana. Oh that reminds me - did someone say it can be enchanted with Fortune III? I wish it was as easy as Tinker's with 450 Lapis... I guess i gotta go with vanilla enchanted books and that whole random uglyness?
Spellbinding cloth to scrub off bad enchants and Experience drops to re-enhchant

If you have the Witches hat and robes already, the creepers just stand there while you poke them in the head… Hearts galore… killed 5 and got three hearts

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Spellbinding cloth to scrub off bad enchants and Experience drops to re-enhchant

If you have the Witches hat and robes already, the creepers just stand there while you poke them in the head… Hearts galore… killed 5 and got three hearts

Got Looting III first try, and Creeper Heart on the first night. Thanks GrimJahk!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
All Botania transmutation recipes (not the infusion or doubling recipes) require an alchemy catalyst underneath the mana pool.
You'll notice I mentioned the alchemy catalyst :)

I wonder if its because this cactus isn't "vanilla", since its a product of magical crops. Its ID is 81:2, whereas the NEI recipe expects just 81.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Grim, can you confirm this? NEI says Cactus->(ManaPool+AlchemyCatalyst) = Slimeball (But I can't get it to work)
Make sure that your cactus is clean… from the farm I think it's 81:2 The recipe requires Item ID 81… Plant one direct on sand then collect it, and toss the farm (damaged) ones on the ground and pick them up… = Profit

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
You'll notice I mentioned the alchemy catalyst :)

I wonder if its because this cactus isn't "vanilla", since its a product of magical crops. Its ID is 81:2, whereas the NEI recipe expects just 81.

Make sure the alchemy catalyst is under the mana pool. Also make sure the cactus has the right item id. If it has a damage value plant it on sand break it to turn it into the correct item id.

uberwookie

Jul 29, 2019
Does ALL the tier 1 include the ender seeds? the quest for those opens up after you've done the quest to kill a vanilla enderman.
No, I haven't killed an Enderman yet. is that a prerequisite for the Aluminum seeds too? (If so, you may want to rethink it for balance/progression issues? I have ender seends already, but havent killed any Endermen, and doing so is a pain with manasteel gear)

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
No, I haven't killed an Enderman yet. is that a prerequisite for the Aluminum seeds too? (If so, you may want to rethink it for balance/progression issues? I have ender seends already, but havent killed any Endermen, and doing so is a pain with manasteel gear)
i just kill em w/o any armor and get along just fine

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Replace the generator. It is meant to be placed last. It traces the rotors when it is placed. It does NOT store rf. It will pass it to adjacent blocks though.
It was placed last. And again for good measure. By "passing" the energy to adjacent blocks does this mean BC energy pipes? Because it's fairly useless if not. I had a wooden energy pipe connected to it leading to a golden which is connected to a rolling machine. 30 minutes later and still no rf in the buffer or even the pipe.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I found using the mana Fluxfields is good (if not great) for small, short need projects.

I'm just barely touching my 2,000 buckets of Fuel I made from an Oil well...

This is what I'm using to power my AE network.

Wheat.

I have a 7x7 of wheat field with a pair of golems feeding a chest in the middle of the field, draining down into a 6x upgraded Barrel. Pipes pulling from the barrel to a loop that feeds 4x Auto Workstation making Bread then looping back to wheat barrel.. Bread is dropped Via Hoppers to a B-space (1/2) Barrel.. Bread barrel (2/2)2 is feeding a Crusher (2 speed upgrades) in a deep sub-basement (too damn loud) to make Bio Fuel that is dumped into another B-Space Barrel (1/3), Bio Fuel Barrel (2/3) feeds the Bio-Generator that is powering the Crusher, B-Space (3/3) feeds Bio-Generator #2 that powers my AE network (with 6 Dense Energy Cells)

Heh, I am thinking I'll go wheat also, but feed it into a fermenter and still and use the ethanol to run either a steam boiler or combustion engines. Old school Forestry. Still can't get any cross-pollination on my trees despite switching to an apiary. Was hoping to run saplings from sappier trees and maybe fruit juice as the liquid to make the production a lot more efficient. I tried the botania style tree farm and it's a bit finicky for my taste. Got it more or less working, but first attempt is a mana hog and the hopperhock used to pick up the wood is grabbing saplings too fast for the planter flowers to replant the saplings. I could work around it, but seems like a lot of tweaking and its output will be pretty small compared to even a small forestry tree farm (assuming that will work okay in this pack... haven't tried yet.)

I dried up the one oil deposit I know of and which was close to my base. May go scout a bit and see if there is any more in reasonable range. Else I need to either switch to coal or ethanol. But maybe I will just stick to smallish until I do more quests and open Mekanism and AE2 and see what my longer-term options are. Need to open portal to Alfheim still too.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a vanilla rod. I got a pufferfish after about 35 cod in a row. You got pearls using a fishing rod? Wow, I guess I'd better give Mariculture fishing a try then, I still need to do the pearl quest.

Not just pearls... bottle o'enchanting, enchanted fishing rods (pretty nice one) and more. Just hauled up an iron wheel. Or my autofisher did.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Grim, can you confirm this? NEI says Cactus->(ManaPool+AlchemyCatalyst) = Slimeball (But I can't get it to work)

Did you convert the cactus back to vanilla flavor? Need to put it on sand and break it into a cactus-less pack so it doesn't restack with the metadata version from the cropsticks.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, I am thinking I'll go wheat also, but feed it into a fermenter and still and use the ethanol to run either a steam boiler or combustion engines. Old school Forestry. Still can't get any cross-pollination on my trees despite switching to an apiary. Was hoping to run saplings from sappier trees and maybe fruit juice as the liquid to make the production a lot more efficient. I tried the botania style tree farm and it's a bit finicky for my taste. Got it more or less working, but first attempt is a mana hog and the hopperhock used to pick up the wood is grabbing saplings too fast for the planter flowers to replant the saplings. I could work around it, but seems like a lot of tweaking and its output will be pretty small compared to even a small forestry tree farm (assuming that will work okay in this pack... haven't tried yet.)

I dried up the one oil deposit I know of and which was close to my base. May go scout a bit and see if there is any more in reasonable range. Else I need to either switch to coal or ethanol. But maybe I will just stick to smallish until I do more quests and open Mekanism and AE2 and see what my longer-term options are. Need to open portal to Alfheim still too.
I got away from the steam for noise pollution reasons.. it was destroying my willingness to play in my base… CAN NOT WAIT for mufflers on the mana spreaders in 0.7…

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Make sure the alchemy catalyst is under the mana pool. Also make sure the cactus has the right item id. If it has a damage value plant it on sand break it to turn it into the correct item id.
i was just coming back to report I had the solution, and thanks. The cactus always unified with whichever version you have too, so you just have to get 1 "good" one, then pick up a 63 "bad" ones and they'll all transform into plain old 81.

Thanks guys.

uberwookie

Jul 29, 2019
PS killing an Endermen unlocked 8(!!!) completed quests at once. I have a feeling this is a source of a lot of people's question of aluminum seeds. Also, thanks for the tip! I am enjoying your pack by the way.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
It was placed last. And again for good measure. By "passing" the energy to adjacent blocks does this mean BC energy pipes? Because it's fairly useless if not. I had a wooden energy pipe connected to it leading to a golden which is connected to a rolling machine. 30 minutes later and still no rf in the buffer or even the pipe.

Placing machines directly next to the generator works correctly. But mek and buildcraft pipes don't seem to work properly. Probably because the generator isn't an IEnergyProvider. Because it doesn't have an internal buffer. Machines and EnderIO Pipes(though not helpful with this pack). Accept the energy just fine. Pipes just seem to require more than just pushing power to them... Mek ones don't even connect... At least buildcraft ones respect IEnergyConnection.

I guess way around this. Is to make one of my custom rf blocks. (They store 6k rf, as well as passing it to neighbouring blocks, so can work like pipes :p). Place that next to the generator. Then extract the energy from that block. Although if you're at the mek stage you can just use the energy cubes to do the same thing. My custom blocks are just easier energy storage :p. (Maybe too easy, now that I think about it xD)

(Doing that worked for me)
8c6a6d3a75.jpg

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
You can visit the witch circle buildings, the dispenser in the middle often contains "Lesser ring of Ender disjunction", which supposedly lets you do more damage to endermen. You can also craft a Soulscribe (mana pearl + ingot), which does the same thing.