[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Been fishing for a Pufferfish (or a Clownfish, there's a recipe using Botania Mana to convert Clown into Puffer) for a half hour, I've gotten 25 Cod in a row. :mad: Not sure why I need the Salmon tho... very first cast I got a Salmon, then the next 25 have all been Cod.

Need Pufferfish so I can make an Underwater Breathing potion, which is how I'm gonna try to get my Mariculture Pearl to progress that quest...

Well any 2 of the vanilla fish will do if you have the alchemy catalyst. You can interchange between all of them by throwing a fish into the mana pool above one, it's just a loop, keep tossing until you have the ones you need. Ring of Chordata gives you unlimited underwater breathing for a salmon, a pufferfish, 4 manasteel, and a rune of water. As long as you have an item that stores mana in your inventory it works, and you really need just a tiny amount of mana. It also gives extremely fast underwater movement and night vision as long as you're underwater. It's really very preferable to any of the early mariculture options (because power) and potions (because they run out of time).

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
to the person, who said gaia guardian is hard :DDD lol ;D used 3 jeweled apples from tinkers and prot 3 elemuntium set with terra sword no enchants and kick the crap out of him ;D

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Since no one replied;

Mana Fluxfield needs to be next to the device you wish to power.. or, more specifically treat it as the power cable itself. The further your spreader is from the Fluxfield the slower the transition of power. I usually have the ManaPool down with an Elven Spreader next to it Pointing Up or back to the Fluxfield. Then place/rotate out the devices I want to use: In this image I have an Inscriber and a Crusher on the Fluxfields.
T50YV7p.png

Thanks, Grim. Confirmed my fears. Worked fine as a sort of bettery next to the machines, but no way I could find to inject the RF into the grid. My best brainstorm, after the first wooden pipe thought, was to try pumping it through an RF engine (since engine can, or used to be able to, pust rf through each other). No dice. <sigh>

Makes using mana generation as a route to a general purpose power solution a lot less practical.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Been fishing for a Pufferfish (or a Clownfish, there's a recipe using Botania Mana to convert Clown into Puffer) for a half hour, I've gotten 25 Cod in a row. :mad: Not sure why I need the Salmon tho... very first cast I got a Salmon, then the next 25 have all been Cod.

Need Pufferfish so I can make an Underwater Breathing potion, which is how I'm gonna try to get my Mariculture Pearl to progress that quest...

You might not want to waste a pufferfish on some potion... You need one for the Ring of Chordata, and they are a pain to catch.

I literally broke an entire vanilla fishing rod before I caught one on the last durability point. That's several in-game days of fishing btw.

I could be 100% wrong, but can't you xmute fish type A into fish type B using Botania or something in this mod? I could have sworn that the Alchemy Catalyst allowed you to cycle your fish type like you can cycle your sapling type, meaning that a Cod can be any fish you want it to be for very little mana and time investment.

wmtmk

Jul 29, 2019
I have read the post from page 100 to 173 but i dosn`t find the answer i search.

How do you summan the Nether, i have tryed Soulsand and NetherSkulls but it doesn`t work.

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
that doesn't seem like something you should be blaming the pack for, sounds like a bug but idk
Bah... looked into it. It's not a bug with the mod *or* the pack. It's disabled in the mod itself by the author because he intended to make changes. But rather than making it uncraftable he left a bunch of useless items in and I'm out of all that stuff. Well Until I use NEI to get it back anyway... because that is BS.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
I have read the post from page 100 to 173 but i dosn`t find the answer i search.

How do you summan the Nether, i have tryed Soulsand and NetherSkulls but it doesn`t work.
you mean wither? skull - H, soul sand - G
HHH
GGG
G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, thanks! Yeah, I have no clue with the Witchery mod but that's why I love this modpack because it is teaching me some of the mods I never bothered to learn before (Botania, Witchery, Mariculture).
same here xD played infinity... used botania just to get that sash which makes you run fast xD never EVER used witchery, thought its a dumb mod, Mariculture? i remember i used it in agrarian skies xD by that i mean i just used the fishing nets xD

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
I think I will start thaumcraft when I get to it, but how do you do reserch for it? It always is confusing for me
i always use google to check the research table stuff xD its like... how am i suppose to xD

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, Grim. Confirmed my fears. Worked fine as a sort of bettery next to the machines, but no way I could find to inject the RF into the grid. My best brainstorm, after the first wooden pipe thought, was to try pumping it through an RF engine (since engine can, or used to be able to, pust rf through each other). No dice. <sigh>

Makes using mana generation as a route to a general purpose power solution a lot less practical.

I found using the mana Fluxfields is good (if not great) for small, short need projects.

I'm just barely touching my 2,000 buckets of Fuel I made from an Oil well...

This is what I'm using to power my AE network.

Wheat.

I have a 7x7 of wheat field with a pair of golems feeding a chest in the middle of the field, draining down into a 6x upgraded Barrel. Pipes pulling from the barrel to a loop that feeds 4x Auto Workstation making Bread then looping back to wheat barrel.. Bread is dropped Via Hoppers to a B-space (1/2) Barrel.. Bread barrel (2/2)2 is feeding a Crusher (2 speed upgrades) in a deep sub-basement (too damn loud) to make Bio Fuel that is dumped into another B-Space Barrel (1/3), Bio Fuel Barrel (2/3) feeds the Bio-Generator that is powering the Crusher, B-Space (3/3) feeds Bio-Generator #2 that powers my AE network (with 6 Dense Energy Cells)

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
One problem after another in this pack. Got a ten block high nine block wide Mariculture water turbine set up. Water is flowing, sluices are... sluicing and rotors are turning away. And the generator they are all hooked into is doing nothing. Waila gives no info when looking at it (just what to mine it with.. no info on RF stored/generated at all).

Replace the generator. It is meant to be placed last. It traces the rotors when it is placed. It does NOT store rf. It will pass it to adjacent blocks though.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
pffshshxhZzzz... mariculture has turbines that produce rf?!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My entire kingdom for one creeper heart, so I can progress out of chests and get back to what I love best - AE Storage. And yes I'm using Arthana. Oh that reminds me - did someone say it can be enchanted with Fortune III? I wish it was as easy as Tinker's with 450 Lapis... I guess i gotta go with vanilla enchanted books and that whole random uglyness?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Blimey, 25 cod in a row! Which rod are you using?

With the sugarcane rod, I got lots of pearls but only a couple of fish before I gave up.

I'm using a vanilla rod. I got a pufferfish after about 35 cod in a row. You got pearls using a fishing rod? Wow, I guess I'd better give Mariculture fishing a try then, I still need to do the pearl quest.