[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
sure, the normal thaumcraft does not include mariculture, or better mariculture isn't implemented in modpacks very often (btw .. i think it should be, it's a nice pack, especially the underwater experience!) so the list above does not have to be a complete one. was a hint for sampleman and his missing metallum
The only issue I have with mariculture is that the kelp plants weren't designed well and count as empty space, causing you to get vacuumed into them if you touch any of the 4 surrounding water blocks.

For a mod focused so heavily on the ocean/water you'd think they'd design them correctly...it's really annoying moving around in water.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
The only issue I have with mariculture is that the kelp plants weren't designed well and count as empty space, causing you to get vacuumed into them if you touch any of the 4 surrounding water blocks.

For a mod focused so heavily on the ocean/water you'd think they'd design them correctly...it's really annoying moving around in water.

I thought that was on purpose, like how difficult is to move when you are tangled in under water plants. I can be wrong, and that could be related to my irrational fear of "thing under the water I can't see" IRL

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I thought that was on purpose, like how difficult is to move when you are tangled in under water plants. I can be wrong, and that could be related to my irrational fear of "thing under the water I can't see" IRL

That was my interpretation of it.

sure, the normal thaumcraft does not include mariculture, or better mariculture isn't implemented in modpacks very often (btw .. i think it should be, it's a nice pack, especially the underwater experience!) so the list above does not have to be a complete one. was a hint for sampleman and his missing metallum

Looked more like he was missing Prae, which is why I specifically went for that recipe (he mentioned scanning iron, copper, and gold.) The Victus was more along the lines of something that is notably 'forced' to be a 'combine simpler things' in the original mod (despite there being so many things that could conceivably embody it.)

Reactions: Sungak

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Do bees sometimes produce bonus princesses, or is there a dup bug?

Also, just as an aside, Nexus and Empowering bees are OP! I have several bright nodes with over 100 in the primal aspects now. Also, be careful where you breed those Ravening bees!

Last edited:

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Mariculture is absolutely useful. It's the easiest way to get ender pearls early game (not to mention the only way to do it without cheating in the dream world) and it makes underwater exploration both pleasant and rewarding. Have you worn a diving helmet with a ring of chordata yet? It's amazing. Some of us enjoy playing with genetics and making enchanted jewelry. I also appreciate the gating with the smeltery and it gives some very early power source options as well as making obsidian available early. IMO it would be a serious mistake to remove it.

It could be my fault (it probably IS my fault) for just not getting Mariculture then. Obviously the mod author put a ton of time and effort into it as it seems like it should be one of the "big boy" mods out there, but it just feels clunky to me. To make obsidian for the nether portal, I just built up a frame out of cobblestone and lava, poured water, did it again, etc. 5 minutes, nether portal made. To play with genetics, I've done a lot with bees and trees and that made me happy.

As far as underwater stuff, I went the pure Botania route with it: I did the incense stick, stuck it on a man-made island, and had unlimited underwater breathing. A second incense stick with night vision and I could see as well.

I see a ton of potential for Mariculture...maybe I just need to stick it in a stand-alone world and play it out to see what all I can do with it, then go back to it in Regrowth when I understand it better.

Pretty sure that the mod-list is fixed at this point. The 'final release' version is being tested as we speak, and removing the mod would entail re-working the quest progression at a bare minimum.

Very true - I was frustrated on that post and didn't really think all the way through what I was writing. The Regrowth author has made an amazing modpack - probably my favorite one I've played so far. I would love to have the knowledge and/or talent to do something like this myself.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm not sure what the chance is that a Ravening bee will change a node to Hungry, but it doesn't seem to be converting a Silverwood node to Hungry, but it is detecting it as a node for flowers purposes. So unless I'm wrong and it's just taking a while, it seems to be safe to use Silverwood nodes to breed Ravening Bees. CMIIW.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Do bees sometimes produce bonus princesses, or is there a dup bug?

I think that TPL worked it so that they have a small chance of producing bonus princesses, just because of the scarcity of bees in general (and certain strains being harder to find due to biomes and such.)

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
;-; I just saw Raetac's recent regrowth news.... I leave for a 2+ week vacation in like, 2 days.... First No Man's Sky and now this... I'm just getting video game punished all over the place. Although glad to hear it's getting more stable, I was getting worried that if the testing phase took too long that Phoenix would have to start dealing with school as well.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
;-; I just saw Raetac's recent regrowth news.... I leave for a 2+ week vacation in like, 2 days.... First No Man's Sky and now this... I'm just getting video game punished all over the place. Although glad to hear it's getting more stable, I was getting worried that if the testing phase took too long that Phoenix would have to start dealing with school as well.
No worries about that, I've actually finished university now. In the job hunting phase now.

C

CarlchenLP

@thephoenixlodge

hi, thx for this wonderful modpack. I like the way how the mods are combined and how they work together. The only thing i do not understand is the implemented way of the mod for the catacombs. The abandoned houses are just for style I suppose, the portals for the visitors from the nether also. Well at least I did not find anything there. So the world is doomed, but somewhere I read about exploration. Not sure if it was in your main post or in the questbook. But to be honest .. there is nothing to explore. The only thing you can explore are the catacombs and for them you have to be really lucky to find them. So there is no reason why you should leave your safehouse, besides you are lucky with running around for hours, especially without a good map-mod and please do not tell me the 42 maps atlas is a good replacement for a map in a world where you have to run for 10k of blocks just to see a abandoned house or similar - the atlas is only good for doing that one time otherwise its a mess for larger areas. I hope you understand what I mean. The modpack is nice but in fact there is nothing to leave a house, besides catacombs where you do not have hints to find them. Perhaps I missed something, but right now I don't get it.

Anyways I'm looking forward to see version 1.0 ^^

Regards

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge

hi, thx for this wonderful modpack. I like the way how the mods are combined and how they work together. The only thing i do not understand is the implemented way of the mod for the catacombs. The abandoned houses are just for style I suppose, the portals for the visitors from the nether also. Well at least I did not find anything there. So the world is doomed, but somewhere I read about exploration. Not sure if it was in your main post or in the questbook. But to be honest .. there is nothing to explore. The only thing you can explore are the catacombs and for them you have to be really lucky to find them. So there is no reason why you should leave your safehouse, besides you are lucky with running around for hours, especially without a good map-mod and please do not tell me the 42 maps atlas is a good replacement for a map in a world where you have to run for 10k of blocks just to see a abandoned house or similar - the atlas is only good for doing that one time otherwise its a mess for larger areas. I hope you understand what I mean. The modpack is nice but in fact there is nothing to leave a house, besides catacombs where you do not have hints to find them. Perhaps I missed something, but right now I don't get it.

Regards
I "explored" while mining to find essence berry bushes and dungeons. Exploring to find strawmen and/or natural grass (not a typo, I do mean grass not gas) can also provide a big boost in the early game.

Since ultimately the goal is to rebuild the world you must explore as you expand outward to terraform, and finally, you must explore to find suitable locations for villages in the end game...

Or at least thats my take on it.

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
@thephoenixlodge

Regards

I explore just for the fun of it. Even though I've never finished Regrowth, I gave up on my old world last night (long story, did dumb things) and started a new one. I love building on coast lines, but I spawned in what felt like the middle of a continent. I picked west (I love sunsets on the beach) and started walking. Took about 2k blocks to find the ocean, but along the way I found 3 of those burned out houses, 2 giant oil geysers, 4 of the things with witch spawners and dispensers, and one of those evil-looking nether shrine things.

Normally when I play, I'll build and build and do quests and, when I'm waiting on crops or machines, I'll just go for a walk and see what's out there. I've found amazing mountains in Regrowth, really cool valleys, etc. I've never actually mined more than a few layers down since there's nothing in the ground anyways.

What are these catacombs you speak ok?

As far as the map thing, I just added JourneyMap and went with it. Quick fix for the map issue and it hasn't caused any conflicts at all.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Catacombs are a very rare spawn from one of the mod packs. They basically add a dungeon type encounter with hordes of loot and traps. In all my worlds i have actually only found 5 (out of over 100 worlds). In fact on several worlds i spent the better part of 6 or 7 hours searching for them (and using a map program to make sure i didn't miss them). Several times i got lucky and one spawned right near me.

It's all just a matter of the RNG gods

H

HaruDasom

How can I move improved chests, which come from Enhanced Inventories Mod?

I tried using JABBA's dolly, but it didn't work.

C

CarlchenLP

Normally when I play, I'll build and build and do quests and, when I'm waiting on crops or machines, I'll just go for a walk and see what's out there. I've found amazing mountains in Regrowth, really cool valleys, etc. I've never actually mined more than a few layers down since there's nothing in the ground anyways.

What are these catacombs you speak ok?

Yeah, usually you see some structures above ground. but deep down there is nothing. From time to time you get a big cave, but without anything to dig for its not worth it.
The catacombs I mentioned are some nice structures. Nice loot and quite hard to explore. Here is a picture of the entrance
HfL6Rd.png

@HaruDasom try using the boxes from mekanism. (sorry if my english is bad, i am from germany xD)

I think you mean the "cardboard box", to wrap the chest and place it somewhere else. nice idea ^^