[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Just a suggestion: In a future version of update, is it possible to just remove Mariculture altogether? Outside of making an ingot or two, it really seems to have no point at all except to cause a ton of headaches.

B

benderAI

i am the vampire in witchery i already in level 8
but i use Trinsfix Villagers can't follow me
i don't know how....
and now i use Trinsfix is still need to consume my blood but not let Villagers follow me

can anyone helps me

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I've been having an issue with my infusion altar. I seem to not be able to make the thaumaturge's razor for blood magic, even though the setup is symmetrical, i have the required essentia and ingredients, as well as the elven knife not having any durability used. Any help?

Picture for further proof: https://gyazo.com/14d08ccaff0e1d6f671401dc6e9f5a56

Your setup seems fine for the infusion altar, however stability wise remember the stability is based on a diagonal line from the pillars, if you move the thaumium ingot in the image back one space on one side or the other, that would remove some instability.

You do right click the infusion matrix in the center (floaty cube) with your wand to start it correct?

What happens when you try, does it say anything?

Have you been able to do other infusions?

EDIT: Random extra thought...isn't this made in the runic altar from botania in this pack? I can't remember at all.

minerman456

Jul 29, 2019
Your setup seems fine for the infusion altar, however stability wise remember the stability is based on a diagonal line from the pillars, if you move the thaumium ingot in the image back one space on one side or the other, that would remove some instability.

You do right click the infusion matrix in the center (floaty cube) with your wand to start it correct?

What happens when you try, does it say anything?

Have you been able to do other infusions?

EDIT: Random extra thought...isn't this made in the runic altar from botania in this pack? I can't remember at all.

Yes, I right-click the infusion matrix with my wand and nothing happens. It doesn't say anything when try to start infusing and I have successfully done every other infusion, like the silverwood rod and charged thaumium cap, with no hiccups whatsoever. Also, I did check the recipe multiple times and in the Thaumonomicon, it says to make it through an infusion altar. The elven knife is made in the runic altar. Unless things changed recently, I have no idea.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I right-click the infusion matrix with my wand and nothing happens. It doesn't say anything when try to start infusing and I have successfully done every other infusion, like the silverwood rod and charged thaumium cap, with no hiccups whatsoever. Also, I did check the recipe multiple times and in the Thaumonomicon, it says to make it through an infusion altar. The elven knife is made in the runic altar. Unless things changed recently, I have no idea.
Found the problem, it's a sacrificial knife that's supposed to be on the center, not an elven knife.

Thaumonomicon entry: https://gyazo.com/53ae66489b49ee1e9e1a25fd1f6f04ce

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
"Sandy Brick Slab" from Railcraft seems to not have a world model. I can still collide with it but not see them outside of WAILA. (give me a bit, can get screenshot). I could reinstall the modpack if requested, playing it now.

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, here's to hoping you can help with this.

See, I have recently got a friend intrigued in Regrowth (and MC multiplayer in general since we growing bored with singleplayer), so right now we are flailing around trying to get a server to work for us. After many many derps on my end I've managed to get connected to said server I'm hosting/downloaded off the launcher.

Only one problem, I've spawned on top of a tree that shouldn't exist, in a forest that certainly shouldn't exist, with no sign of or way to cheat in the questbook.

What am I missing now? And should I blame having a Mac for the lack of properly detailed guides for this nonsense?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
How can I use the drum of the wild and the other drums? (Regrowth 0.9.1)

Does this setup is wrong?
http://imgur.com/a/ka2va
The silly dragon is correct, the Drums all activate on a pulse of mana. A handheld mana blaster will work, or a redstone spreader/hourglass (to trigger it) will work.

EDIT: Woops you both posted again and it didn't tell me there were new messages. Leaving this for info.

Reactions: JaRyCu

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
<chuckle> That's why I like to force reload the page BEFORE opening the pseudo-pod receptacle. (Clawed feet are SO prickly.)

On a personal note: The dragon should have paid heed to the advice in your avatar! Stairs do NOT make good Luge practice tracks!
Knees do not appreciate it when you try.

Reactions: JaRyCu and An0nymuS

sampleman

Jul 29, 2019
Has unlocking Thaumium been changed in Regrowth? As far as I know I have to scan something with metallum in it, but I scanned iron, copper, gold and tin ingots, yet Magical Metallurgy doesn't show up. My friend scanned pretty much the same stuff I did and he got it. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Just a suggestion: In a future version of update, is it possible to just remove Mariculture altogether? Outside of making an ingot or two, it really seems to have no point at all except to cause a ton of headaches.

Mariculture is absolutely useful. It's the easiest way to get ender pearls early game (not to mention the only way to do it without cheating in the dream world) and it makes underwater exploration both pleasant and rewarding. Have you worn a diving helmet with a ring of chordata yet? It's amazing. Some of us enjoy playing with genetics and making enchanted jewelry. I also appreciate the gating with the smeltery and it gives some very early power source options as well as making obsidian available early. IMO it would be a serious mistake to remove it.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Pretty sure that the mod-list is fixed at this point. The 'final release' version is being tested as we speak, and removing the mod would entail re-working the quest progression at a bare minimum.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Has unlocking Thaumium been changed in Regrowth? As far as I know I have to scan something with metallum in it, but I scanned iron, copper, gold and tin ingots, yet Magical Metallurgy doesn't show up. My friend scanned pretty much the same stuff I did and he got it. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ews-topic-above-me-is-a-doodoo-head-ha.32560/
Thaumium A magical metal
Research
: Metallum - Praecantatio
Required Research: Crucible
Recipe: [ x ]
Nature: Magical Crafting Material
Description:
Thaumium is the result of infusing base metals with raw magical energy. The result is a metal harder than iron with the ability to accept enchantments beyond that which iron is normally capable of.
A metal such as this has many applications in the creating of more advanced thaumaturgical devices.
It can also be used to craft tools, arms and armor in a crafting table using the normal recipes.

I'm fairly certain there was no change made.

Last edited:
C

CarlchenLP

Perhaps you missed some other materials before it. Some of them can only be unlocked when you research the required components
Try this list from FTB Thaumcraft Thread (!Spoiler-Alert!) - should also work with newer versions of Thaumcraft

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Perhaps you missed some other materials before it. Some of them can only be unlocked when you research the required components
Try this list from FTB Thaumcraft Thread (!Spoiler-Alert!) - should also work with newer versions of Thaumcraft

I think you can get Victus by scanning Oysters - you can also get Praecantatio by combining Vacuous (scan a chest) and Potentia (scan something Redstonish)

C

CarlchenLP

I think you can get Victus by scanning Oysters - you can also get Praecantatio by combining Vacuous (scan a chest) and Potentia (scan something Redstonish)

sure, the normal thaumcraft does not include mariculture, or better mariculture isn't implemented in modpacks very often (btw .. i think it should be, it's a nice pack, especially the underwater experience!) so the list above does not have to be a complete one. was a hint for sampleman and his missing metallum