[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

George213

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to output fluids out of the pipe into an empty block? I am trying to set up a mana farm using thermalilies, but I cannot for the life of my figure out a way. I can pump the liquid between fluid tanks, but the pipes will not "spill" out no mater what.

PS:
# If false Dire Wolves will be disabled [default: true]
B:direWolfEnabled=false

The beasts were jumping me inside my house, just not fair at all.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to output fluids out of the pipe into an empty block? I am trying to set up a mana farm using thermalilies, but I cannot for the life of my figure out a way. I can pump the liquid between fluid tanks, but the pipes will not "spill" out no mater what.

PS:

I'm not 100% sure but I thought the newer versions of Buildcraft have a machine called a floodgate or something that allows you to pump fluids into the world.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

PS:

If you are using lava, the ritual of the nether (I think) will work great, but you need to have a good LP network to keep it going. But the cheapest/best way would be the floodgate from BC. Just be carfull of that thing because it outputs on all sides. So make sure you block the side you don't want to spill out.

Ingenuityiskey

Jul 29, 2019
So my runic altar won't accept mana. The mana spreader will fill up entirely but won't ever send the mana out to the altar. I tried testing it a new regrowth game as well as making a new altar. Same thing. I've set the altar up, bound a spreader to it, then right clicked it with the wand. Nothing happens. I throw a livingrock on it, right click it, nothing happens. The runic altar is kind of imperative to any kind of progress, so you can probably tell it's just a little frustrating. Is there a way to fix this?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
So my runic altar won't accept mana. The mana spreader will fill up entirely but won't ever send the mana out to the altar. I tried testing it a new regrowth game as well as making a new altar. Same thing. I've set the altar up, bound a spreader to it, then right clicked it with the wand. Nothing happens. I throw a livingrock on it, right click it, nothing happens. The runic altar is kind of imperative to any kind of progress, so you can probably tell it's just a little frustrating. Is there a way to fix this?
Are you actually making something with the altar? The Runic altar doesn't have any capacity for mana, so when making something, you gotta supply it as-it-goes. After it's done (and the lightning appears), you throw a piece of livingrock on it and right-click with a wand :3

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
bug or feature?
if i mine copper ore with a fortune 3 auto smelt pickaxe from tinkers construct instead of giving me 1 or more copper it gives me a little bit of the blue apetite thingy's are they used for anything and is this intentinal that this happens?

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I've had the spreader mess up when deciding to send mana before. Rebind the spreader to any other block and then back to the altar.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I've noticed that the altar has to be 3/4 blocks away from the mana spreader for it to work for me. Another thing I don't understand is my mana spreader has to be level to the pool in order to send mana to my altar. I wanted to be above the pool shooting down, but wouldn't work.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
What happened to the wither skeletons? So far I have found 3 nether fortresses and fully explored and wandered them and in more than 6 hours in each never seen a single skeleton of any kind let alone a wither skeleton.

I have plenty of the little red hearts to make heart canisters but without the necrotic bones that ONLY wither skeletons drop I can't make them.

Oh and I am playing on a private server with friends.

Help?

You can sometimes find wither skeletons in the catacombs (netherbrick dungeon building).

It turns out the explosions are ender mini's seeking out and killing creepers. The Ender Mini's are from a mod called Ender Zoo. I just learned this today. :)

Knowledge is power!

I wouldn't exactly call that "killing creepers" :p

I had 6 ender pearls after the second night thanks to them doing that. It gets annoying when they fight in the caves underground though. I usually try to settle in a quiet and level place, fortunately I got one that has minimal noise pollution.

When should turn the quest "11. The Way the World Feels"? What do I need to turn it on?

Most likely you need the Arcanist reputation from other quests.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
i feel like bc gates and the likes can be really good but i have never gotten into it and idk if i ever will. is it very complicated or pri simple

What happened to the wither skeletons? So far I have found 3 nether fortresses and fully explored and wandered them and in more than 6 hours in each never seen a single skeleton of any kind let alone a wither skeleton.

wither skeles do spawn in fortress' that's how i got necrotic bone

George213

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask were/how your getting your lava? I'm not close to unlocking thermallilies, and was just wondering.

At the moment I am bucketing it manually into portable fluid tanks from mariculture. They are cheap to make, so I have around 10. Thats 160 buckets of lava. Than I pump it into a multiblock storage tank. I have tons of lava underground at the usual deep levels around Z lvl 18. Also, nether is full of it, so I plan to setup a pumping station in nether eventually. One problem with that is that all the batteries are super expensive and require hyper advanced materials, so I will have to set up a boiler room with steam engines to supply the pump with power...

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
i feel like bc gates and the likes can be really good but i have never gotten into it and idk if i ever will. is it very complicated or pri simple

BC gates are really good and you'll want to get into them. They may seem complicated at the start but they really aren't once you start using them. I remember seeing series of REALLY short tutorial videos about them.

Reactions: RagefaceKurosaki

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask were/how your getting your lava? I'm not close to unlocking thermallilies, and was just wondering.
you can use fire essence into a smeltery at 250 mb a essence. set up an autofarm to pump into the smeltery and when you pump the lava out of the smeltery into whatever your holding it make sure the pipe passes along your smeltery lava tank as well

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
you can use fire essence into a smeltery at 250 mb a essence. set up an autofarm to pump into the smeltery and when you pump the lava out of the smeltery into whatever your holding it make sure the pipe passes along your smeltery lava tank as well
You just beat me to the punch. :)

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
So air essence in the crucible makes steam. Has anyone explored this as a power source? How did it do?