[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been reported before, but it seems the infusion recipes for the Natura saplings aren't giving back the new sapling. I tried Darkwood to Fusewood, Fusewood to Mapple. The sapling disappears every time.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried planting and harvesting silver wood trees?

I planted a silver wood sapling and let it grow into a tree. I came back to harvest it and while doing so, I harvested a block in the middle that dropped some ethereal essence. It also changed my biome from wasteland to magical forest. Is the part about changing the biome intended functionality?
There is a pure node located in the center of all silverwood trees and it will slowly change the biome around it to magical forest, this is normal Thaumcraft behavior.

Edit:

Wiki site for Thaumcraft trees http://thaumcraft-4.wikia.com/wiki/Plants_&_Trees

Yep, provided it grows with the node, it'll form a somewhat small square of magical forest. You can identify the particular node containing log by the circles on the sides. If I recally, they're also not harvested when using a lumberaxe to chop down the tree.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been reported before, but it seems the infusion recipes for the Natura saplings aren't giving back the new sapling. I tried Darkwood to Fusewood, Fusewood to Mapple. The sapling disappears every time.

What version of the pack are you using? I just tried it in 0.7.1 and it worked just fine.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure then, maybe try reloading the pack. Appears to be a bug with your client. I just went threw a stack of saplings in and no issues still.
We're talking about mana pool+alchemy catalyst conversion right?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, exchanging saplings for a different kind.
I know it definitely took a toll on my mana supply when I exchanged out a Natura Redwood's worth of saplings. Not sure why saplings would be disappearing though... maybe something nearby is picking them up? Or a hungry bag?

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I know it definitely took a toll on my mana supply when I exchanged out a Natura Redwood's worth of saplings. Not sure why saplings would be disappearing though... maybe something nearby is picking them up? Or a hungry bag?
Yes, it's mana infusion. I have nothing nearby that could grab them and other items go through just fine.

Not sure then, maybe try reloading the pack. Appears to be a bug with your client. I just went threw a stack of saplings in and no issues still.
My client has been restarted multiple times tonight. :( This is one buggy release.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it's mana infusion. I have nothing nearby that could grab them and other items go through just fine.

My client has been restarted multiple times tonight. :( This is one buggy release.
I haven't really had any bugs, just misunderstood some quests. I meant reload, as is backup your save and redownload the pack. Did you upgrade your world from .65? I restarted which appears to be a lot of why I'm not having bug issues.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't really had any bugs, just misunderstood some quests. I meant reload, as is backup your save and redownload the pack. Did you upgrade your world from .65? I restarted which appears to be a lot of why I'm not having bug issues.
Yeah I did upgrade. I'll try to redownload the pack later.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I did upgrade. I'll try to redownload the pack later.
You might seriously consider restarting and just cheating in everything you need to get back to where you are. Seems like every problem on this forum only affects people who upgraded. It would be a pain but might save you far more in the long run.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
You might seriously consider restarting and just cheating in everything you need to get back to where you are. Seems like every problem on this forum only affects people who upgraded. It would be a pain but might save you far more in the long run.
If I did that I'd just give up the pack. :p Too much work, especially in base building.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
It is an Alpha WIP pack, you are going to be restarting more than once more than likely. The pack is hella fun but getting attached to your save in alpha seems a bit counter productive.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
It is an Alpha WIP pack, you are going to be restarting more than once more than likely. The pack is hella fun but getting attached to your save in alpha seems a bit counter productive.
My save! D: *clings to it*

I am aware of the possibility. I'm hoping it doesn't happen. :p

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
tWmT7Om.png
What are the little red things Grim is using instead of engines?

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new world in 0.7.1 and Im having problems making grout. I put in minecraft sand(12) gravel(13) and clay 337 and no grout. The nei lists grout but shows no recipe. Is this intentional because Im sure I made grout this way in 0.6

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new world in 0.7.1 and Im having problems making grout. I put in minecraft sand(12) gravel(13) and clay 337 and no grout. The nei lists grout but shows no recipe. Is this intentional because Im sure I made grout this way in 0.6
Grout hasn't been in the pack since at least 0.5. To get seared bricks, you use cobblestone in a crucible furnace outputted to an ingot caster.