[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Phoenix, I know you mentioned earlier some sort of attempt to mess with perhaps giving essence seeds a bit of a bump at the start... perhaps a pinch of magic fertilizer early on to keep one from having to hurry up and wait could help, or tweak the recipe to make it more readily available? Made a new world, and the first essence quests were definitely been the biggest time consumer thus far, and I'm currently mostly done with T3 seeds, and waiting on diamonds to continue moving forward and just about to delve into Thaumcraft.

Looking forward to 0.60, and to the quests you make for it!
Glad you're enjoying it. The grindyness of that point of the pack is indeed alleviated in 0.6 already, thanks to a new version of Agricraft which is not yet publically available. In fact, one of the things currently delaying the release of 0.6 is the public release of said version of Agricraft, but I'm using the time to write more quests and make more tweaks. In 0.6, the essence crops will both grow a bit faster than they currently do, and also be bonemealable. As well as this, magical fertilizer will actually work with all the other magical crops on crop sticks, and as such has a new recipe making it available fairly early.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you're enjoying it. The grindyness of that point of the pack is indeed alleviated in 0.6 already, thanks to a new version of Agricraft which is not yet publically available. In fact, one of the things currently delaying the release of 0.6 is the public release of said version of Agricraft, but I'm using the time to write more quests and make more tweaks. In 0.6, the essence crops will both grow a bit faster than they currently do, and also be bonemealable. As well as this, magical fertilizer will actually work with all the other magical crops on crop sticks, and as such has a new recipe making it available fairly early.
Ahh good so ill wait till its released to restart my world due to i lost my last world from tinkers construct bug with the smeltery since i didnt dissassemble it first before upgrading it now my world crashes on launch

bloodnnails

Jul 29, 2019
agricraft updated this morning cant wait for the update enjoying the pack so far and havent noticed any problems with anything yet

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
The chicken in my world only drop feathers no eggs o_O. is that a thing?
There do still pop out eggs, I think it's ~1 every 5 minutes or so of real life play time. My Ring of Magnetism reminds me of those eggs everytime I swing by my Botania area, even though I have no use for em anymore. If you're not getting any, not really sure what could be happening there honestly.

Masteradam5

Jul 29, 2019
I still cannot download the pack i am using 5.2 and different download paths pls help i really want to play. says " Error extracting native libraries"

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
You can run a multifarm actually. Most people never realize that Forestry Fertilizer can be made with Saltpeter, so apatite is not necessary. If you REALLY want to specifically get apatite, there's a bug where forestry copper blocks will drop as blocks of apatite if placed then broken.

EDIT: As for the Pig Iron ore, its been disabled from the start, I have no idea how it is that people claim to have found it. I've even used a Digital Miner searching for it and come up blank
The only way I was able to get steel was to find it in a chest in an abandoned mine shaft, 2 blocks worth

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I was able to get steel was to find it in a chest in an abandoned mine shaft, 2 blocks worth

I'm trying it out right now, but the only other viable method would be to work towards the Pickaxe of the Core, which requires a lot of work in both Witchery and Thaumcraft... I think there will be quests for these in the 0.60 release? I'm flailing with Witchery, no earthly clue what I'm doing there, and it's literally the lock before Thaumcraft.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying it out right now, but the only other viable method would be to work towards the Pickaxe of the Core, which requires a lot of work in both Witchery and Thaumcraft... I think there will be quests for these in the 0.60 release? I'm flailing with Witchery, no earthly clue what I'm doing there, and it's literally the lock before Thaumcraft.
The next bunch of quests for the magic mods is the last quests I NEED to do before 0.6, so don't worry, they'll be in there

Bethod

Jul 29, 2019
Well the way that i got my first two steel ingots is to repair chainarmor from some mobs i killed with the mariculture blacksmith anvil and hammer and then smelt it in the tinkers smeltery. I'm really enjoying this pack. Its one where u cant start with tech right from the beginning and have to earn every step u make. Although the recipe changes and the way u have to use botania for Magical crops for example is really great work.

BooGotShot

Jul 29, 2019
I got to the "Extremely Dedicated" questline with the last Infusion Shard and upgraded to 5.2.

Well the thing locks up when I open the HQM Book and try to complete the quest. I was able to click spam the "Unclaimed Quest" and then I got in to claim the reward, but as soon as I exit that section back to the top where the other seeds are it crawls. I created Certus seeds and was also able to click spam the reward claim. I then went and created Fireprotection seeds, Ghastly seeds, Withering seeds and now I can't even click spam to open the sections.

It seems you have some sort of bad infinite loop going on. CPU is not really that bad, but mouse input is broken.

EDIT:

I was able to get it to work in an odd way. I force quit the client, then spawned in an edit book. I am not sure if it was needed because I didn't use it to reset the quests. I spam clicked the unclaimed fireprotection seeds and it was still locked. So I tried clicking an old completed quest and that worked.

Then I went back and tried the fireprotection seed and nothing, but right after I clicked the completed "what doesnt kill you" shard quest and it opened the fireprotection seed quest and I was able to claim the reward for them. I then repeated for the slimy, ghastly, and withering seeds and that worked too. It still slow, but it is a workaround for not being able to click.

Last edited:

[LNET] Arns

Jul 29, 2019
When i tried to make the Ender Seeds in the altar it wouldn't work. I have the right ingredients (Image link below) but when I right clicked it with the wand it did not make the normal sound and the effect isn't showing.
I made sure I was doing right by this tutorial.
Anyways thanks in advance,
Arns

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In 0.6, the essence crops will both grow a bit faster than they currently do, and also be bonemealable. As well as this, magical fertilizer will actually work with all the other magical crops on crop sticks, and as such has a new recipe making it available fairly early.

There goes my gardening hobby :p
I never thought I would say something like this but I'm having a great time grinding the better seeds! Its just the perfect stuff to do in the background while doing other stuff!

By the way, congrats on the botania+magical crops integration. Its perfect, makes sense and makes MC not so overpowered as many people like to think it is!
This pack just proofs that botania is probably the best and more powerful magic mod! TC and BM are great but after you play with them 2-3 times, you realize its always the same thing done the same way. Botania and witchery dont have a linear way of progress and as showed by the MC integration, botania integrates awesomely with other mods, something the other magic mods cant do so well....

I dont mind the current grinding level and I understand others might think its too grindy but be careful to not make it to easy... I think grinding is a core aspect of this pack and of many of the greats packs. If players dont want to grind, go play kitchen-sink packs....(I wish FTB launcher supported more then one set of configs so we could have hard and easy mode configs...)

Again, congrats on work you have done so far and I hope the rest of the pack comes out equally great!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
When i tried to make the Ender Seeds in the altar it wouldn't work. I have the right ingredients (Image link below) but when I right clicked it with the wand it did not make the normal sound and the effect isn't showing.
I made sure I was doing right by this tutorial.
Anyways thanks in advance,
Arns
No image link....

Have you forgot to drop the living rock on top of the altar? I always forget to do that :p

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mind grinding the crops, it was just getting stuck at the essence part that was holding everything up. Grinding up to the 10/10/10 crops has been a real blast! Just how cheap did you make the magic fertilizer?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mind grinding the crops, it was just getting stuck at the essence part that was holding everything up. Grinding up to the 10/10/10 crops has been a real blast! Just how cheap did you make the magic fertilizer?
1 Bonemeal + 1 Floral Fertilizer + 1 Mutandis + 2 Nature Essence = 3 Magical Fertilizer

Bethod

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. Is there a specific hight for Nether Rutile Ore? Cause i spawned in a save underground place in the nether and am now stripmining the hell out of this place but couldnt find one Rutile ore up to now