[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

zero80472

Jul 29, 2019
so no one has a fix for the world map issues ? on mulitplayer (when ever i upload the world i get put in a flat world and when i tp to the pathfinder it screws up

anyone else have this issue

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
so no one has a fix for the world map issues ? on mulitplayer (when ever i upload the world i get put in a flat world and when i tp to the pathfinder it screws up

anyone else have this issue
My server works fine - I've had no issues with it, with the exception of one world, where I had a crash on load, but I put the server back up and logged in and the world loaded fine without a crash on the second try. I think it was something to do with sand falling, since it was a dry-type islands dimension, so there were large bodies of sand with no supporting blocks underneath.

Speaking of which, I loved the idea of living in an islands world, so I made one for my base, but the islands are so small...

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
so you dint get a flat world when you first spawned ?
No, I didn't. Are you using the latest version of Pathfinder? Do you have OP? I found that it's quite important that all players have OP, otherwise a lot of the functionality of Pathfinder doesn't work, due to relying on commands which non-OPs don't have access to.

Also, I would like to pose a question to those who have completed Pathfinder: will turning on the "crops grow only in sunlight" setting screw up progression at any point in the game, or am I safe to go ahead and do that?

zero80472

Jul 29, 2019
1 Yes To Latest Version ,
2 only 4 people that are on all have opp

everytime i upload the world and join it spawns in a flat world and when i make spawn a dialing device and matter transmitter i can go to path finder but some of the quests are bugged

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
1 Yes To Latest Version ,
2 only 4 people that are on all have opp

everytime i upload the world and join it spawns in a flat world and when i make spawn a dialing device and matter transmitter i can go to path finder but some of the quests are bugged
Reinstall the server. This is the procedure you need to use:
  1. Delete everything in the server's folder. Everything.
  2. Unzip the Pathfinder server into the folder. (It has a different download from the client.)
  3. Run it. It should crash out.
  4. Accept the EULA and run it again.
  5. If you want to change any of the default configs, close the server and change the configs, then reopen the server.
  6. If you want to use the whitelist, turn it on and whitelist everyone who needs to be, and then OP everyone.
  7. Log in.
If your server experience is anything like mine, what should happen is that you'll log in, get an "internal server error" and be logged out, then you'll log back in again, fall into the void and die, and then respawn on the ship. This happens to me every time I start a new server up. Give yourself the quest book and apples through NEI. You should be good to go.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
RESOLVED Can anyone help me with this issue? I completed the Bagginses quest and when I opened the Bagginses bag for the first time the inventory was shaded. Since then ALL inventory and interfaces slots are shaded, in all chests, machines, etc., and it's really irksome, especially since it makes similar things, like oak and spruce wood planks, look more or less the same. I had the Tinkers knapsack equipped at the time, and when I removed it and placed it in a chest to see if this was the issue, my game crashed. Then I got errors from after restarting the FTB launcher, first about not locating 3rd party packs and then not being able to extract native files. After 20 minutes of that, I got my game open again but still having this shaded inventory problem. Help?

Last edited:

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Can anyone help me with this issue? I completed the Bagginses quest and when I opened the Bagginses bag for the first time the inventory was shaded. Since then ALL inventory and interfaces slots are shaded, in all chests, machines, etc., and it's really irksome, especially since it makes similar things, like oak and spruce wood planks, look more or less the same. I had the Tinkers knapsack equipped at the time, and when I removed it and placed it in a chest to see if this was the issue, my game crashed. Then I got errors from after restarting the FTB launcher, first about not locating 3rd party packs and then not being able to extract native files. After 20 minutes of that, I got my game open again but still having this shaded inventory problem. Help?
Doubleclick on your NEI search bar. The yellow bar around means you're in inventory highlight mode, which dims any inventory slot that doesn''t contain your search term.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Doubleclick on your NEI search bar. The yellow bar around means you're in inventory highlight mode, which dims any inventory slot that doesn''t contain your search term.

Ha, you're fast. I was literally editing my previous message to say I figured out it was NEI and had fixed it when you poated. Thanks anyhow. I was perhaps a little too panicky as I just installed a new gpu and thought it might be stemming from that. LOL. But nope, just NEI being NEI.

OmagaIII

Jul 29, 2019
Good Day,

Need help. I want to craft the Manganese Time Matrix but can't craft Brass to create the brass block. I have checked every recipe and reread the quest book to see if I miss anything and I am stumped. Please advise cause I can't find anything o_O.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Good Day,

Need help. I want to craft the Manganese Time Matrix but can't craft Brass to create the brass block. I have checked every recipe and reread the quest book to see if I miss anything and I am stumped. Please advise cause I can't find anything o_O.
The Blue Power recipe of 3 copper ingots and 1 zinc ingot in an alloy furnace isn't working? I found one brass ingot in a chest while exploring, but I'm not that far along in the pack to be needing Blue Power brass for anything.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is iron ore much rarer in this pack than normal?
I think it is a little less frequent but I'm finding enough for my needs so far, and I've completed the 1st section, am on the last quest of the 2nd section, and have started the 3rd section. I use the Tinkers smeltery to double all my iron ores too, which helps. Certainly not as bad as diamonds, for which I had to get in another dimension (and only found 5).

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually having no difficulty finding diamonds. I'm finding lots more diamonds, gold and nickel than iron. Maybe I'm mining on the wrong level. What layer is the best for finding iron in this pack?

Also, this pack has been my first opportunity to discover Agricraft, and I love it, and I'm growing on the Hunger Overhaul system too. Unfortunately, I set up a wonderful and attractive farm area, only to find there's a weird graphical bug on one of the irrigation channels, and it looks awful.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: can we disable the exploring nether ores? Please? I can't figure out where in the configs. I thought you only triggered the expoding ores with vanilla tools but I'm using only Tinkers, and it's just a ka-boom fest.

I'm actually having no difficulty finding diamonds. I'm finding lots more diamonds, gold and nickel than iron. Maybe I'm mining on the wrong level. What layer is the best for finding iron in this pack?

Also, this pack has been my first opportunity to discover Agricraft, and I love it, and I'm growing on the Hunger Overhaul system too. Unfortunately, I set up a wonderful and attractive farm area, only to find there's a weird graphical bug on one of the irrigation channels, and it looks awful.
I'm having some graphical problems with the irrigation canals to, and I wasn't sure if it was a the mod, a conflict with NEI or a conflict with Optifine (which i have installed because my system isn't the the greatest and I get oh so much lag). Mostly for me the irrigation blocks are shaded irregularly, like a kind of lighting glitch and the valve flicker a little. I can live with it, but yeah, I wish it wasn't a problem at all.

I'm doing well with AgriCraft. I had no idea really what this mod was suppose to do beyond seeing Biffa and TheJims derp around with it. After expanding my farm, doing a bunch of crossbreedings to get Harvestcraft crops I wanted, and developing a 10/9/9 wheat seed, I know realize my approach probably isn't the best. It seems like it would be more efficient to focus first on developing very good wheat, carrot and potato seeds and then getting better mutated seeds from those. Oh well. Live and learn. But I've got plenty of food---stacks of hay bales from my wheat improvement field, about 25 different seeds, and a double chest of harvested food and an iron chest of several different crafted Harvestcraft meals and snacks. I'm doing quite well, food-wise.

I am finding one problem: I cannot get a pineapple seed. NEI says to crossbreed melon with spice leaf and I've tried and tried and tried. I got kiwi, which also has that recipe, but no pineapple. Anyone else have this problem?

The diamond shortage in my world is real. It's so frustrating. I made a RFTools dimension for the Galaxy/Galaxa/whatever quest and used the grid terrain dimlet. Oh my. LOL. I thought it meant i'd get biome terrain in a grid-like pattern along the chunks. This was not what I was expecting: http://imgur.com/BDRSZ0S

I managed to find some diamond there, about 12 over two trips, but it's way too dangerous, even with an upgraded jetpack. I'm going to try to make a diamond dimension like Biffa did, although I'm not yet skilled enough to figure to how to do that (I'm resisting re-watching Biffa's video and copying him, although I confess I broke down and did that with my nether dimension). I really should read the RTFools books you get in-game, LOL. That might help, maybe?

As for iron, I find it at all levels in my world. But I only find small veins of it. I do find the quests gobble up a lot of iron as well as my usual survival habits (like making an egg farm with hoppers), so yeah, it's a little annoying. I'm not sure if ore gen varies a lot between the RFTools dimension you first create in this modpack from game to game. Mine seems identical to Biffa's, with the exception of which biome I was first teleported to. Which biomes are you finding diamonds and atr what levels? I know from experience and testing that with Biomes o' Plenty you can get a lot of variance with diamond ore gen from biome to biome, and I was wondering if this is happening with these dimensions too. Either way I need to find a resolution to this.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: can we disable the exploring nether ores? Please? I can't figure out where in the configs. I thought you only triggered the expoding ores with vanilla tools but I'm using only Tinkers, and it's just a ka-boom fest.

I'm having some graphical problems with the irrigation canals to, and I wasn't sure if it was a the mod, a conflict with NEI or a conflict with Optifine (which i have installed because my system isn't the the greatest and I get oh so much lag). Mostly for me the irrigation blocks are shaded irregularly, like a kind of lighting glitch and the valve flicker a little. I can live with it, but yeah, I wish it wasn't a problem at all.

I'm doing well with AgriCraft. I had no idea really what this mod was suppose to do beyond seeing Biffa and TheJims derp around with it. After expanding my farm, doing a bunch of crossbreedings to get Harvestcraft crops I wanted, and developing a 10/9/9 wheat seed, I know realize my approach probably isn't the best. It seems like it would be more efficient to focus first on developing very good wheat, carrot and potato seeds and then getting better mutated seeds from those. Oh well. Live and learn. But I've got plenty of food---stacks of hay bales from my wheat improvement field, about 25 different seeds, and a double chest of harvested food and an iron chest of several different crafted Harvestcraft meals and snacks. I'm doing quite well, food-wise.

I am finding one problem: I cannot get a pineapple seed. NEI says to crossbreed melon with spice leaf and I've tried and tried and tried. I got kiwi, which also has that recipe, but no pineapple. Anyone else have this problem?
I had the graphical problem before installing Optifine earlier today, so I can say at least my issue is not Optifine-related, however it sounds like the graphical bug I'm getting is different from yours. I get no flickering, but there is this one solitary channel which is for some reason totally black. I tried filling it with water, to no effect, and it has clear line-of-sight to the sky as well. All the other channels in the area are mostly fine, though.

As for your pineapple problem: I managed to get pineapple just fine. My guess is you just got really, really unlucky. How many plants are you placing adjacent? The mutation/propagation section of my farm is set out in rows of 3x9 blocks, and I run 9 plants of one and 9 plants of the other along the edges. Are you making sure to wait until they're fully matured before adding cross-crops? Here is my setup (partially to help, but also partially because I'm proud of it and want to show it off): http://i.imgur.com/u8qZkN1.png

Also, slightly unrelated: is anyone else having this problem where they're too engrossed in this-and-that to even be bothered completing the questline? I'll probably finish it eventually, but I'm just so obsessed with Agricraft that it's pushed completing the pack right down to the bottom of my priority list. That and I'm actually playing this on a personal server with a few friends, and none of them are too interested in completing the questline either, which is fine by me. There's no hurry. Never knew I was such a farmer.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I had the graphical problem before installing Optifine earlier today, so I can say at least my issue is not Optifine-related, however it sounds like the graphical bug I'm getting is different from yours. I get no flickering, but there is this one solitary channel which is for some reason totally black. I tried filling it with water, to no effect, and it has clear line-of-sight to the sky as well. All the other channels in the area are mostly fine, though.

As for your pineapple problem: I managed to get pineapple just fine. My guess is you just got really, really unlucky. How many plants are you placing adjacent? The mutation/propagation section of my farm is set out in rows of 3x9 blocks, and I run 9 plants of one and 9 plants of the other along the edges. Are you making sure to wait until they're fully matured before adding cross-crops? Here is my setup (partially to help, but also partially because I'm proud of it and want to show it off): http://i.imgur.com/u8qZkN1.png

Also, slightly unrelated: is anyone else having this problem where they're too engrossed in this-and-that to even be bothered completing the questline? I'll probably finish it eventually, but I'm just so obsessed with Agricraft that it's pushed completing the pack right down to the bottom of my priority list. That and I'm actually playing this on a personal server with a few friends, and none of them are too interested in completing the questline either, which is fine by me. There's no hurry. Never knew I was such a farmer.
That, my friend, is not a problem. Agricraft is a lot of fun to get lost in. It's a sign of a good pack if quest progression gets sidetracked by old-school sandbox gameplay.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
That actually does sound related to mine, because these sound like the same issues that can happen with Carpenter's Blocks. But I'm not sure if it's the mod or gpu-related. I'm leaning toward gpu-related because I'm using a mid-range-ish gpu (Geforce GT 730 2GB GDDR5), but if you've got a higher end gpu it may be the mod.

Well that's rather fancy, lol. Where are you getting all that glowstone? I had to get a nether dinmension to get some because raiding dimlet research stations wasn't cutting it. And lucky you that you can cocoa beans. I have not found a jungle biome or any cocoa beans yet.

I am doing a similar set-up for cross-crops but only 1 to 3 pairs at a time to get a specific new seed because I was going overboard (as is my tendency) and trying to getting several new seeds at once. And yeah, I figured out the maturity factor. I'll try it again, now that I know the recipe works, and use better melon and spice leaf seeds. I'll just blame my bad luck the RNG. LOL.

{QUOTE]Also, slightly unrelated: is anyone else having this problem where they're too engrossed in this-and-that to even be bothered completing the questline? I'll probably finish it eventually, but I'm just so obsessed with Agricraft that it's pushed completing the pack right down to the bottom of my priority list. That and I'm actually playing this on a personal server with a few friends, and none of them are too interested in completing the questline either, which is fine by me. There's no hurry. Never knew I was such a farmer.[/QUOTE]

I've always loved farming in Minecraft--crop farming, not the vanilla contraptions some player like to make to get mob drops or iron or whatever. It's why I like Spice of Life, Hunger Overhaul and Harvestcraft (and Growthcraft which isn't in this pack). It gives me so much more to do with that part of the game.

My pattern with this modpack so far as been: Spend 3 hours piddling about doing what strikes my fancy: farming, mining, exploring, building, inventory management, crafting food, etc. (I spent an hour yesterday fishing just to see what I could catch). Then when it gets close to bedtime, I see what quests I can get done. And then I stay up too late with that, get too tired to understand what I need to do, get frustrated, go to bed and tell myself I will sort it out the next day. :) I really do enjoy progressing along the quest line, and intend to finish it. It's just it's Minecraft and you got to do all the stuff, you know?

At the moment I have the first 2 sections completed and 40% of the Intrepid section done. I'm on the quest where you fill a material absorber with coal blocks and I presently have to go fix the mess I made when I unthinkingly placed down an empty material absorber on my teleporting platform. :p