[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to set up a Pathfinder server and log into it with my client, using both newest versions, but it gives me a mod rejection for "modtweaker2"?

Sharkman

Jul 29, 2019
Update tp the previous comment:

Random recepies disabled randomly at random times, now I can't craft Energy Collector MK3, how to fix that?

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I just started playing this modpack a couple days ago and am really enjoying it. But I'm having a seriously bad time trying to find diamonds, which is keeping me from crafting a number of things. I've found 12 emeralds and tons of everything else during a 2 1/2 hour mining session yesterday using a Tinkers hammer for maximum exposure but not a single diamond. I know Biffa ran into this issue in his LP too but don't recall if it was resolved. I've been mining in ice plains and extreme hills biomes, if that makes any difference with these RFTools worlds.

Anyhow, in looking for a not-too-cheaty workaround I noticed this pack has ProjectE but it doesn't seem anything in that mod can be crafted according to NEI. Is this true? And if so, why is ProjectE in the pack and can I reenable the recipes?

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
Remove modtweaker server-side
I actually fixed it by adding modtweaker clientside, will this have much of an effect?

Also, which mod is it that is decreasing stack sizes, because I would very much like to go into its configs and tell it who's boss.

Last edited:

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
I actually fixed it by adding modtweaker clientside, will this have much of an effect?

Also, which mod is it that is decreasing stack sizes, because I would very much like to go into its configs and tell it who's boss.
Iguana Tweaks has stack size nerfing and Hunger Overhaul has stack size nerfing for food items. Check out both of those. I had to change the Iguana Tweaks nerf for torches to 2 torches per recipe because getting 1 torch per recipe was slowly driving me insane with the Hardcore Darkness and being in a snowy biome. I can live with the trudging through the snow more slowly (also Iguana Tweaks) but I need many many torches for melting the snow and ice that form everywhere. :p

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Iguana Tweaks has stack size nerfing and Hunger Overhaul has stack size nerfing for food items. Check out both of those. I had to change the Iguana Tweaks nerf for torches to 2 torches per recipe because getting 1 torch per recipe was slowly driving me insane with the Hardcore Darkness and being in a snowy biome. I can live with the trudging through the snow more slowly (also Iguana Tweaks) but I need many many torches for melting the snow and ice that form everywhere. :p

Use the Tinker's Construct stone torches, those still give four, last I checked. (Coal on a stone rod, which is two cobblestone on top each other)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Or, better yet, a stone tool rod made in the part builder. Half a cobblestone.

Ehh, yeah, but when you're mining, using the two cobblestone and coal means you can mine your own torches. That's how I got a ton of resources; just took a hammer and pointed myself in one direction.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ehh, yeah, but when you're mining, using the two cobblestone and coal means you can mine your own torches. That's how I got a ton of resources; just took a hammer and pointed myself in one direction.
Yeah, but I tend to make one or two halfstacks at a time, and I always run out of inventory space before I run out of torches. Even with bags.

Eh, whatever works. Personal preference.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Use the Tinker's Construct stone torches, those still give four, last I checked. (Coal on a stone rod, which is two cobblestone on top each other)
Oh yeah I always forget Tinkers has those. Good to know, although I'm doing good enough ATM with 2 vanilla torches per recipe.

BTW, how do you get flint in this modpack? I've tried and tried to get it the vanilla way from breaking gravel but none, even with a Tinker shovel with a luck modifier.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that did the trick. I feel like also turning off the Hunger Overhaul settings, because not being able to get enough food is troubling me, but I can't tell if this is genuinely an annoyance or if I need to just suck it up and count it as one of the things that needs to be worked towards.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Oh yeah I always forget Tinkers has those. Good to know, although I'm doing good enough ATM with 2 vanilla torches per recipe.

BTW, how do you get flint in this modpack? I've tried and tried to get it the vanilla way from breaking gravel but none, even with a Tinker shovel with a luck modifier.
Drop a block of gravel in a crafting grid.

IguanaTweaks... it does things...

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Drop a block of gravel in a crafting grid.

IguanaTweaks... it does things...
Ugh, of course. I knew it was something like that but couldn't remember. I've been without a PC that can run Minecraft for several months so this is the first time I've played modded in a while.

Now, if I can find out why I can't find any diamonds in my world, or why all the ProjectE stuff isn't in NEI, I'll be set. Also, I just realized I haven't found any lapis despite having found plenty of nearly everything else (except diamonds). I hope I won't need lapis for anything.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that did the trick. I feel like also turning off the Hunger Overhaul settings, because not being able to get enough food is troubling me, but I can't tell if this is genuinely an annoyance or if I need to just suck it up and count it as one of the things that needs to be worked towards.
I'm a big fan of the Hunger Overhaul/Spice of Life and Pam's Harvestcraft mods and pretty much won't play modded without them. I think it's really part of a pack like this, part of the whole modded survival challenge. But I also know there are Minecraft players who hate hunger and food in the game with a passion and curse Mojang for adding those. So it's really up to you. If you feel the harder hunger/food tweaks are making the game less fun for you, then change the configs.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ugh, of course. I knew it was something like that but couldn't remember. I've been without a PC that can run Minecraft for several months so this is the first time I've played modded in a while.

Now, if I can find out why I can't find any diamonds in my world, or why all the ProjectE stuff isn't in NEI, I'll be set. Also, I just realized I haven't found any lapis despite having found plenty of nearly everything else (except diamonds). I hope I won't need lapis for anything.
If your recipes are derped, try relogging or /mt reload. There have been some reports of Minetweaker being weird on occasion; those usually fix it.

For lapis, try mining at or near y-level 55. If you're running a version of Pathfinder that has NotEnoughResources, you can just look up the recipe for an ore block in NEI to see where it tends to spawn.

In Pathfinder 1.0.2, at least, the lapis distribution has two peaks- one at 55, and another, slightly smaller one at about 30. If you mine in the diamond levels, you won't get much at all. So note that even at y=55, it's still quite rare.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019

It's funny - I've seen a lot of people say they haven't been able to find lapis, and yet lapis was one of the first things I found in my first dimension. Guess I just got really lucky.

I'm a big fan of the Hunger Overhaul/Spice of Life and Pam's Harvestcraft mods and pretty much won't play modded without them. I think it's really part of a pack like this, part of the whole modded survival challenge. But I also know there are Minecraft players who hate hunger and food in the game with a passion and curse Mojang for adding those. So it's really up to you. If you feel the harder hunger/food tweaks are making the game less fun for you, then change the configs.
I think I'm gonna stick with the system, at least for a little while. I haven't got a proper base set up yet, because I'm super OCD and didn't want to start a proper base until I'd found a perfect dimension. Maybe this isn't such a wise strategy. It's probably the source of my hunger problems.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
If your recipes are derped, try relogging or /mt reload. There have been some reports of Minetweaker being weird on occasion; those usually fix it.

For lapis, try mining at or near y-level 55. If you're running a version of Pathfinder that has NotEnoughResources, you can just look up the recipe for an ore block in NEI to see where it tends to spawn.

In Pathfinder 1.0.2, at least, the lapis distribution has two peaks- one at 55, and another, slightly smaller one at about 30. If you mine in the diamond levels, you won't get much at all. So note that even at y=55, it's still quite rare.
OK, thanks. Doing /mt reload and then looking up ProjectE in the NEI mod subsets and clicking on one item to bring up the recipe worked in getting NEI to load all the recipes. They seem to be there now, I think. Just /mt reload alone didn't seem to do the trick.

I'll go back to my mining shaft and see if I had mined along y=55. I thought I had, as I was trying to collect plenty of upper level ores and marble as well. But I could have easily skipped that level in my impatience to find gold and redstone.

It's funny - I've seen a lot of people say they haven't been able to find lapis, and yet lapis was one of the first things I found in my first dimension. Guess I just got really lucky.

I think I'm gonna stick with the system, at least for a little while. I haven't got a proper base set up yet, because I'm super OCD and didn't want to start a proper base until I'd found a perfect dimension. Maybe this isn't such a wise strategy. It's probably the source of my hunger problems.

I derped up hard with the world creation in the first two tries with this modpack as I have never used RFTools before, so once I got a working world I stuck with it, even if it was in some ice plains with barely any trees or animals or anything else. My "base" is an utter mess--I'm debating whether to just build a proper shelter here or wait until I get a jetpack and move. Although my progress with Agricraft has been slow, I know Pam's harvestcraft really well so I know how to milk a few food items for multiple food recipes. If I stay close to my base I don't have any food issues. It's wandering off to find things like sand or clay where hunger becomes an issue has I haven't been able to craft any bags yet and the player inventory is nerfed. So I just eat some high saturation foods before I set off on a gathering trip and hope I can make it back before I starve. So far so good.