[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the pack happily and started playing, however when I teleported to the new world I crashed, and now the pack isn't appearing in the third party pack window.

EDIT: And now when I load a word or create a new world it instantly crashes.

Reactions: Toskin

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I downloaded the pack happily and started playing, however when I teleported to the new world I crashed, and now the pack isn't appearing in the third party pack window.

Give me the crash log?

Teh_Epic_Dan

Jul 29, 2019

Have you tried restarting the client? I had the same problem but restarting FTB might help.

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of quest-oriented mod packs. I loved Agrarian Skies and both Material Energy packs.

I really want to love this one. But seriously, tone down the f*cking limitations, Oh. My. God! With only the hot bar, 16 stacks, torches make 1 instead of 4, beds exploding, encumbering, spice of life... At this point, you're not a mod pack creator. You're just pure evil. There's a difference between adding "spice" and just plain piling up limitations one after the other so that, in frustration, I quit after making 10 trips up and down stairs because I can only carry 3 different items (torches, food, weapon, pick and shovel). It's just...

I'm out. You completely and utterly destroyed the fun I might have had playing with RFtools because of other limitations. Like, completely ruined this pack.

Reactions: Astasia and Wumpsi

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of quest-oriented mod packs. I loved Agrarian Skies and both Material Energy packs.

I really want to love this one. But seriously, tone down the f*cking limitations, Oh. My. God! With only the hot bar, 16 stacks, torches make 1 instead of 4, beds exploding, encumbering, spice of life... At this point, you're not a mod pack creator. You're just pure evil. There's a difference between adding "spice" and just plain piling up limitations one after the other so that, in frustration, I quit after making 10 trips up and down stairs because I can only carry 3 different items (torches, food, weapon, pick and shovel). It's just...

I'm out. You completely and utterly destroyed the fun I might have had playing with RFtools because of other limitations. Like, completely ruined this pack.
Play Blood and Bones ;)

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
I have to echo Evelyne's comments. i disabled the Trophy Slots mod (inventory restriction and doesnt appear to function right) as well as the hardcore darkness mod. The latter for personal convenience. the simplistic recipes for the matter transmitter and the dialing machine dont match with how they look ingame. The quest where you need specific dimlets is nigh impossible as you have to be insanely lucky with the unknowns you have to start with. You have no way of making more for quite sometime because the required components are not accessible from the start. Speaking of dimlets, this pack is essentially a "mystcraft pack" with the dimlets being akin to mystcraft pages.

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
Play Blood and Bones ;)

I did try it actually. To be honest the reason I quit it is because every time I'd start a game, by the time I got to the island with the blood waterfall, it would be full of monsters and almost impossible to go up without getting blown up or thrown off into the void. I'm not a very patient woman. But B&B was more enjoyable than this regardless.

I have to echo Evelyne's comments. i disabled the Trophy Slots mod (inventory restriction and doesnt appear to function right) as well as the hardcore darkness mod. The latter for personal convenience. the simplistic recipes for the matter transmitter and the dialing machine dont match with how they look ingame. The quest where you need specific dimlets is nigh impossible as you have to be insanely lucky with the unknowns you have to start with. You have no way of making more for quite sometime because the required components are not accessible from the start. Speaking of dimlets, this pack is essentially a "mystcraft pack" with the dimlets being akin to mystcraft pages.

I think I'll disable trophy slots, that might help at least a bit. Also in my second attempt, monsters spawned so that didn't help. I really wanna give it a fair chance.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Switch FTB launcher server to CurseCDN. You probably have the server on automatic and it might hit one of the creeperhost servers that hasnt updated yet and it will fail to download the list of packs or even the whole pack.

Thanks alot, will try that :)

One little bug-report about this inventory-blocking-mod:
Whenever you have an inventory open (bag, chest or even the Thermal Expansion machines with their augments) and you click in the "blocked" inventory area you get the first in line (so most upper left one) item onto your cursor. In case of the machines you get the first augment onto your cursor. Not sure if it would steal the capacitor of ender-io machines, since I have none yet.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
spice of life
It doesn't actually affect gameplay. It is there to see some things on the HUD
beds exploding
Part of RFTools. I am not sure if it is configurable
with only the hot bar, 16 stacks
I see this as one of the key parts of the pack. But to each their own
torches make 1 instead of 4
Many consider the torch recipe to be a little to rewarding

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
For the lack of dimlets - I suggest reading the quest book. It tells you that they're in the crates.

It was my goal to make it unique. I've done that with the inventory and peaceful mode. If you don't like it, look around for something you will.
how do i use the dialer if no show up things other than "Path Finder"
?
Make sure to place the "Realised Dimension Tab" in the Dimension Builder. There's an issue about that autocompleting, but that's being fixed as we speak.

Mist13

Jul 29, 2019
I see the pack, I download it, it installs, minecraft starts to load, does the 5min of freezing and processing on the mojang screen, then instead of going to the main menu like usual, it closes, the process too, taking the console with it

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I see the pack, I download it, it installs, minecraft starts to load, does the 5min of freezing and processing on the mojang screen, then instead of going to the main menu like usual, it closes, the process too, taking the console with it
Go into [FTBInstallLocation]/Pathfinder/minecraft/logs and grab me fml-client-latest.log, please

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I got redstone and gold for days:
2015-03-10_21.10.53.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention its also eternal night, that's why there are potion effects.

Reactions: Toskin

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019

Hey don't give up! I'll give you some genuine good advice: look up the bag recipes in NEI. There's a real easy string recipe so you should be able to craft as many bags as you want. There should be plenty of flowers in the first dimension so you can even make them color coded! Spice of Life isn't all that bad it's just so you don't lean one source of food too much. You could totally get away with removing it if bothers you so much. That solves like most of your issues so just try to to think outside the box before you quit.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I so wanted to love this pack after all it has most of my requirements, but a lot of the limitations are making it just tedious, bags are an option for food/mining/etc but do I really need to be fiddling with 5 bags all the time just to mine, harvest, like I said wanted to love it but just cant see my self mucking about with bags for the next week.

DeadLiner

Jul 29, 2019
1) Basically what Violette said. Get bags asap, which shouldn't be a problem with some saplings, if you didn't start in a desert or mesa >.<
2) If you are really concerned about food and have some iron, get a pot and mixing bowl, make stock and then combine that with pumpkin, rice, carrot, seeds etc. to make soup. You'll have plenty of different food types to get around the limitations.
3) If you really still are worried about food, set up the irrigation system which is described in the questbook. With a bucket it is easily filled from a infinite water source and it speeds up growth and cross-spreading immensely.

@Gideonseymour Found another possible error in the quest book: You are asking for a "Resonant Pulverizer" instead of a basic one, which could take a while, especially in peaceful <.<

@Lomeli12 Thanks for the new version. Fixed the crash with Steve's workshop asap :D