[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Firedragon13

Jul 29, 2019
so, my first world, i started on a stupidly flat and dead biome. i have bin searching for a while but there is no iron to be found. with out iron, i am unable to make a generator, with out the generator i'm unable to power my matter transporter. can someone help me figure out what to do? to add, i'm on a really annoying world because it has not stopped raining sense i have gotten here.

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
It appears in version 1.0.1, the recipes for the rftools stuff (transmitter and dialer) have reverted to their original recipes, so no making them out of wood :(
This is a bug, right? Do I need to delete my local content from v1.0.0 for it to install properly, or is this something that will need to be fixed with a 1.0.2?

St1ckyband1tz

Jul 29, 2019
It appears in version 1.0.1, the recipes for the rftools stuff (transmitter and dialer) have reverted to their original recipes, so no making them out of wood :(
This is a bug, right? Do I need to delete my local content from v1.0.0 for it to install properly, or is this something that will need to be fixed with a 1.0.2?

Something to do with MineTweaker I think. Try /mt reload I believe.

Zernonia

Jul 29, 2019
The quest for itemduct and energetic infuser is the pain in the butt. Why are we necessary to craft transparent version of itemduct instead of opaque. And the energetic infuser in the quest book need resonant version. Are these intentional or mistake?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
The quest for itemduct and energetic infuser is the pain in the butt. Why are we necessary to craft transparent version of itemduct instead of opaque. And the energetic infuser in the quest book need resonant version. Are these intentional or mistake?
Transparent, well, there's no way around it. I had to choose one or the other.

As for the Energetic Infuser, I swear I just set that to NBT Independent. Does it detect a regular one?

Zernonia

Jul 29, 2019
Transparent, well, there's no way around it. I had to choose one or the other.

As for the Energetic Infuser, I swear I just set that to NBT Independent. Does it detect a regular one?

I thought it was set to precise, alright I manage to craft it. Thank you for quick notice :D

Firedragon13

Jul 29, 2019
so, my first world, i started on a stupidly flat and dead biome. i have bin searching for a while but there is no iron to be found. with out iron, i am unable to make a generator, with out the generator i'm unable to power my matter transporter. can someone help me figure out what to do? to add, i'm on a really annoying world because it has not stopped raining sense i have gotten here.
i just realized i had iron golems in my world. there goes two hours looking for iron down the drain.

Reactions: Toskin and McJty

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Very interesting pack, thanks for all the work you lot have put into it!

I haven't had the issues some people have had like mobs spawning, flat world on initial world creation, or the recipes flaking out - so far so good!

The pack is a bit tedious in some ways but it is an interesting challenge, the bags help a lot, and I'm really looking forward to getting in to ProjectE to make a lot of it less tedious.

On that note, I am going through the quests and have a Smeltery from TiCo set up. Is there a way to make Lava other than a Magma Crucible? I haven't come across any in the 2 worlds I have made so far via RFTools and since several other things in this pack have nice ways to make them, I was looking up Lava Buckets in NEI but other than a more advanced ProjectE talisman thing, I'm not seeing anything. Any tips or do I just push through for the Magma Crucible?

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Gideon, I am really enjoying the pack. No complaints about limitations. With my lunch box and my bags, I am content to get distracted by the beauty of night. I'm not at the point where I am using equivalent exchange yet, and I'm glad for it. I hope you will remove the exchange values for ores and plants and stuff, and keep it for only the things its really required for. I suspect for better bags, chests, tools, armor. I don't want to end up treating it as trade things for stuff kind of thing.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Is there a way to unlpck the rest of the inventory, or do I have to stick with the hotbar forever?

HappyElk

Jul 29, 2019
Having issues downloading the pack.
all other packs in the launcher download fine but everytime I try to download this pack i get an error message and the following in the console:

Pathfinder
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/modpacks/Pathfinder/1_0_1/Pathfinder.zip
Error while downloading modpack: java.lang.Exception: Modpack download failed

Try it now.

Gideon, thank you for the pack; it's clear you and the Phoenix team spent a lot of time working on it. I look forward to playing through it.

For the launcher error quoted above, it looks like you were able to resolve the problem very quickly. But, several other modpacks (Ferret, UltQuestpack, MBoT, etc) have been having that error for the last 7 days or so, preventing all downloads of updated content. Is there something behind the curtain that you could point those modpack creators to resolve the issue like you did for Pathfinder? :)

Reactions: Qanthelas

Zernonia

Jul 29, 2019
Tried restart my client several times and seems that clockwork phase mod's quest ( creating mainstring ) does not complete eventhough I created and upgraded the string. BUG?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I decided to start my own world. I have the advantage that I know rftools pretty well but I have never played a HQM modpack before so the quest stuff is new to me.
My first RFTools dimension that I made was as boring as possible. The only special thing was a planet in the sky but other then that it is basically the overworld without any features :)

I was lucky and got a big ruined castle near the spawn point full of chests (and dangerous beds :) )

It is actually rather fun to play. Even with the limitations that are imposed on you and the total darkness (I actually think that adds a lot of atmosphere). I wouldn't have minded if it was actually not forced to peaceful. I like a little additional challenge but it is ok.

Zernonia

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows how to get item in the nether? I tried building a portal at my first dimension and it wont ignite. Or maybe I should try build a portal in my spaceship :O . Or create a nether dimension will be recommended?

and I really had a hard time searching for Lapis, maybe because of random world gen but seriously I found none.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Anyone knows how to get item in the nether? I tried building a portal at my first dimension and it wont ignite. Or maybe I should try build a portal in my spaceship :O . Or create a nether dimension will be recommended?

and I really had a hard time searching for Lapis, maybe because of random world gen but seriously I found none.

Hmm, have to check with Gideon but because the overworld can't be accessed I think the Nether is off-limits too.

But note that with RFTools you can actually make nether-like dimensions.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, Nether is off-limits since the portal only works in the Overworld. Its a nice feature because unless you manage to make a nether dimension, the free lava power is less free!

About the beds... I just remembered you can fully disable sleeping in Iguana Tweaks. That might be able to prevent accidentally exploding beds and the discussion about being a bug or not. Its becomes a pack mechanic.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk