[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Smegghed

Jul 29, 2019
Can't believe we found this on launch day!! We'll be streaming it for our first looksie tonight. I just wanted to say that the writing is amazing compared to a lot of packs that utilize HQM. As I writer, I say thanks for taking the extra time for that.
And also, I appreciate the added challenges you added, it sets it apart from the rest. It'll be fun to see how everything goes in the future.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
1) Basically what Violette said. Get bags asap, which shouldn't be a problem with some saplings, if you didn't start in a desert or mesa >.<
2) If you are really concerned about food and have some iron, get a pot and mixing bowl, make stock and then combine that with pumpkin, rice, carrot, seeds etc. to make soup. You'll have plenty of different food types to get around the limitations.
3) If you really still are worried about food, set up the irrigation system which is described in the questbook. With a bucket it is easily filled from a infinite water source and it speeds up growth and cross-spreading immensely.

@Gideonseymour Found another possible error in the quest book: You are asking for a "Resonant Pulverizer" instead of a basic one, which could take a while, especially in peaceful <.<

@Lomeli12 Thanks for the new version. Fixed the crash with Steve's workshop asap :D

General note on irrigation systems, keep them small, large ones can lag bad.

Panda413

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see how the inventory thing is a huge problem just because there are ways to get around it within ten minutes of playing, and that is with me reading the quests. I still think Gideon is evil, but that is another matter altogether :)

Yup. NEI is your friend. Some things that are normally difficult to get (especially in peaceful) have simple recipes.

I don't want to give too much of a hint.. but the name of a helpful mod is LOTR related...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I did try it actually. To be honest the reason I quit it is because every time I'd start a game, by the time I got to the island with the blood waterfall, it would be full of monsters and almost impossible to go up without getting blown up or thrown off into the void. I'm not a very patient woman. But B&B was more enjoyable than this regardless.
He said BloodAndBones, not Running Red. Blood and Bones was probably if not the the most hardcore pack you had in 1.6.4. And, with peaceful mode, this is a peace of cake. You just need to be in the mood for an hard pack. In BnB, you willl die 10 times in the first 5 mins from monsters. Then, after you find some 'shelter', you will die 10 more times from hunger. Then you will get frustrated with how the tools were nerfed. Then you look at the recipes and you want to cry since you cant make a single machine until you are like mid-game(and many of them, only after killing the dragon). And after that.... if you are still around, you start loving the pack and hating all the easy-soft-core with total lack of challenge packs that exist left and right in MC !

I think I'll disable trophy slots, that might help at least a bit. Also in my second attempt, monsters spawned so that didn't help. I really wanna give it a fair chance.
There is a bug in the scripts and they are failing to load. One of the consequences is the game not being in peaceful mode. Just change difficulty to peaceful and no more monsters as supposed.

I have to echo Evelyne's comments. i disabled the Trophy Slots mod (inventory restriction and doesnt appear to function right) as well as the hardcore darkness mod. The latter for personal convenience. the simplistic recipes for the matter transmitter and the dialing machine dont match with how they look ingame. The quest where you need specific dimlets is nigh impossible as you have to be insanely lucky with the unknowns you have to start with. You have no way of making more for quite sometime because the required components are not accessible from the start. Speaking of dimlets, this pack is essentially a "mystcraft pack" with the dimlets being akin to mystcraft pages.

You are supposed to start with 3 dimlets that allow you to create a 'normal' dimension. In this normal dimension, if you explore a little, you will find buildings everywhere with a lot of dimlets so.... no real reason to craft them at early game. To be honest, at early game you should be worried about securing a good food source, then upgrading your tools and probably(I am still at the tools) only after that you go 'insane'

The thing that is annoying me about the inventory, is shift+clicking items from machines or furnaces and stuff getting dropped on the ground since the games moves it to the blocked inventory spaces and then the mod 'ejects it' from the inventory. At the beggining, I really though it was 'eating' the items.

Also, if you are going to nerf the stone torches, maybe you should also nerf the Pam's candles made with the candleberrys. They also give 4 candles. Now, before people try to 'internet-kill' me for this, nerfing to 1 is a bit to harsh! Maybe nerfing it to 2? And with some kind of component like slimes/rubber/whatever being able to better use the materials so you can make 4? (Yes, a total rip off from BnB :))

And, I see Agricraft is still a little broken on how you can breed crops with max stats very fast. With a watering can, after an hour(maybe less) I had all the juicy seeds maxed out. He kinda nerfed changed the mechanic to not be so OP but its still very easy to do it when you understand how it works!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
1) Basically what Violette said. Get bags asap, which shouldn't be a problem with some saplings, if you didn't start in a desert or mesa >.<
2) If you are really concerned about food and have some iron, get a pot and mixing bowl, make stock and then combine that with pumpkin, rice, carrot, seeds etc. to make soup. You'll have plenty of different food types to get around the limitations.
3) If you really still are worried about food, set up the irrigation system which is described in the questbook. With a bucket it is easily filled from a infinite water source and it speeds up growth and cross-spreading immensely.

Bags!?!? Bags!!! I searched for backpacks, snackpacks, packs.... never remembered to try bags :p

Also, making stock can be a little resource intensive for early game. I would suggest getting the berry seeds(raspberry/blueberry/strawberry). With them you have the fruit, with the squeezer you have juice. squezer and ice you have smoothis. And with sugar you have fruit punch. With sugar and a saucepan you can also make jelly and with jelly, sandwichs. No more worries about food!

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Another silly question - This pack is Peaceful but we spawned into a dimension full of zombies and skeletons. What happened to peaceful?

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
My ship ran out of power, help? I've used all the charcoal, it wasn't enough to recharge the teleporter.
I've barely started though, if I need to I can restart the map.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Another silly question - This pack is Peaceful but we spawned into a dimension full of zombies and skeletons. What happened to peaceful?
Its a bug loading the scripts. Run the command /mt reload. If it gives an error just change difficulty to peaceful.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
ping Found another possible error in the quest book: You are asking for a "Resonant Pulverizer" instead of a basic one, which could take a while, especially in peaceful <.<
This should be fine, as it was set as NBT Independent detection
My ship ran out of power, help? I've used all the charcoal, it wasn't enough to recharge the teleporter.
I've barely started though, if I need to I can restart the map.
You may want to restart at that point.

Anyway, thanks for all the input, everyone! I've released a new update:
Code:
* Fix Alloy Smelter Quest
* Fixed Location Quests having too big of a radius
* Fixed Loot Tables
* Updated Trophy Slots, fixes Steve's Workshop crash
* Updated Scripts. Currently, peaceful is just enforced via the default options file until the MTAddon is updated to fix the bug
* Scripts should now consistently load
* Fixed messed up Reputation Requirement for the second part of Liberty

For manual installation (Forge 1291):
Client: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlkgk77teqqckv2/Pathfinder.zip?dl=0
Server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1zg5e6oh14h29l/PathfinderServer.zip?dl=0

nr33

Jul 29, 2019
Having issues downloading the pack.
all other packs in the launcher download fine but everytime I try to download this pack i get an error message and the following in the console:

Pathfinder
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/modpacks/Pathfinder/1_0_1/Pathfinder.zip
Error while downloading modpack: java.lang.Exception: Modpack download failed

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
all other packs in the launcher download fine but everytime I try to download this pack i get an error message and the following in the console:

Pathfinder
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/modpacks/Pathfinder/1_0_1/Pathfinder.zip
Yeah, looking into it now.

Reactions: nr33

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Gets the the common sense to turn the brightness up at night,nothing happens...realizes this isn't your average everyday darkness, this is... advanced darkness XD. 10/10
Also a good tip to finding out the different ways to serve your food items is to search and right click them in NEI, this shows you all the uses and recipes.
By the way do harvest craft crops spawn at all are is there a special way to get them? It would be awesome if ProjectE was being used as some kind of emc powered harvest craft crop replicator. I'm loving these references, I feel like a nerd for getting so many though.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Gets the the common sense to turn the brightness up at night,nothing happens...realizes this isn't your average everyday darkness, this is... advanced darkness XD. 10/10
Also a good tip to finding out the different ways to serve your food items is to search and right click them in NEI, this shows you all the uses and recipes.
By the way do harvest craft crops spawn at all are is there a special way to get them? It would be awesome if ProjectE was being used as some kind of emc powered harvest craft crop replicator. I'm loving these references, I feel like a nerd for getting so many though.
I feel like a nerd for making all the references :p. As for HarvestCraft crops, the way to get them is via breeding crops with AgriCraft. I believe you can view the breeding recipe for the seeds in NEI.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
You may want to restart at that point.
Thanks for the quick response :D
I'd suggest adding in a solar panel or similar, some form of trickle charge to stop other players from hitting this problem.
Also, the display panel uses 12RF/tick, which can be problematic if you turn it on without realising your limited power supply.
Edit: It's a shame beds don't work in RFtools dimensions :( (Well, it depends on what you want them to do ;) )

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

Pathfinder
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Try it now.
Thanks for the quick response :D
I'd suggest adding in a solar panel or similar, some form of trickle charge to stop other players from hitting this problem.
Also, the display panel uses 12RF/tick, which can be problematic if you turn it on without realising your limited power supply.
The solar panel is actually not a bad idea, I might implement that for the next version.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like a nerd for making all the references :p. As for HarvestCraft crops, the way to get them is via breeding crops with AgriCraft. I believe you can view the breeding recipe for the seeds in NEI.
Oh wow you put them in agricraft? There goes my life XD. That's pretty neat, though it must have taken forever . Guess I'll work towards soybeans since that's like the Konami code to Harvestcraft.