[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
What's that site called, that I can put it in? :S Couldn't remember it

EDIT: Aah, remembered it, here's the crash log: http://pastebin.com/Mj2CdYxh
Maybe a mod can't take the spaces in your path. Try renaming your "Feed The Beast" folder located in the Games folder on your desktop to "FTB". The RecurrentComplex mod is the culprit and index 40 in yor path is indeed a space. I'd bet @WayofTime's life on it

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
So uh, are dimensions supposed to ever run out of power? The first one I made seems to be lasting forever.

DannyB1196

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a mod can't take the spaces in your path. Try renaming your "Feed The Beast" folder located in the Games folder on your desktop to "FTB". The RecurrentComplex mod is the culprit and index 40 in yor path is indeed a space. I'd bet @WayofTime's life on it
That did not fix it... But I just took out the recurrent complex mod and now it works, is it something that's really needed for the pack?

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
Without Recurrent Complex you will find this pack a lot grindier. Because the structures RC generates contain some nice loot and allow some short cuts to be taken.

I'm hesitant to say you will "really" need it, because people are very resourceful and come up with all sorts of ways to overcome almost insurmountable problems.

But I made extensive use of glowstone, netherrack, lava and of course all the dimlets from RC structures, which were the only sources of these items in my first dimension.

I think you would really struggle without access to these resources and I would recommend working a bit harder to resolve the problem before giving up on that mod.

KeepOnDigging!

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
That did not fix it... But I just took out the recurrent complex mod and now it works, is it something that's really needed for the pack?
Can you pastebin the new crashlog, after you made the path change?

I think this mod is responsible for the craters which contain starter iron, lava, obsidian, and enough lava to get started with tinkers. I don't know how you'd get started without it. Also, the dimlet bldgs are important.

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
I disabled Recurrent Complex, and while finding the occasional item or two may be difficult, there were plenty of work arounds from getting items from its structures.
I completed the mod, without cheating, without Recurrent complex.

Reactions: DannyB1196

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
I am stuck on a quest and could really use help.
In the Intrepid quest line, Gallico does not register any dimensional shards used despite my having fully infused a dimensional workbench and threw a few shards at the dimensional editor made previously.

JacobMuken

Jul 29, 2019
Ok what is with the recipes for the matter transporter and reciever and the dialer?? I understand your trying to make it easy to do so the player can get right back to the Pathfinder from any dimension, but come... ON, 7.5 blocks of wood planks makes a piece of cutting edge technology able to teleport you unscratched to another DIMENSION? I mean, that's just plain unrealistic.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I am stuck on a quest and could really use help.
In the Intrepid quest line, Gallico does not register any dimensional shards used despite my having fully infused a dimensional workbench and threw a few shards at the dimensional editor made previously.
Is that the quest that asks for eight (half)stacks of dimensional shards? If so, did you try holding all the shards in your inventory at once? You've got nine slots, just enough for 256 shards and your quest book.

Reactions: rkb27 and AuoroP

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what's causing the tooltips to be doubled when hovering over inventory items? Makes it really hard to see things with large tooltips.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
What a fantastic start. As soon as I did the quest that involves going to the first new dimenion, MC crashed with a "Could not get provider type for dimension 3, does not exist..." error.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I think this issue is an old one but is there any fix for the world refusing to load after a save and quit? It works again if you quit right out and come back but not if you just go back to the title and try to come back.

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
I think this issue is an old one but is there any fix for the world refusing to load after a save and quit? It works again if you quit right out and come back but not if you just go back to the title and try to come back.

I had fewer problems like this after updating RFTools to version 2.74.

The latest ProgressiveAutomation also drops right in and fixes a problem where the mattock wouldn't work in a Stone Planter.

I also recommend installing AromaBackup because I did have one crash which left the world unusable. Restore from backup… no problems.

Good luck, and
KeepOnDigging!

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Do I need special equipment to break the wall of the space station and extend the rooms? I'd like to use it as my home-base rather than building in any of the worlds.

Also I'm not very far in... Am I meant to not be able to use my inventory? I can only use my hotbar it seems...