buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hey there,
I'm really enjoying the pack so far, it brings me back to my struggles I had when I played Magic Farm 2 a little over a year ago, while being tech oriented to contrast from it. Despite looking through some of the comments, I do find the inventory system, "This isn't just any darkness...it's 'Advanced' darkness", and the Diminishing food returns make gameplay require a bit of thinking whenever you go out into the world.
This is especially the case for me, as I turned mobs on to make things a bit more challenging. Despite me being already about 65% of the way through the pack, I'd like to turn the exp bar back on...Any ideas on how I would go about doing that?
Reenable XP in asietweaks.cfg

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply, that really saved me a lot of time going through configs!
Can't wait for the next update to the pack!

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
I had trouble with lapis too, try mining in a new biome or a new dimension. I spawned in a Taiga biome and couldn't find any till I dug under a savannah biome. Lapis is hard too find as is, but I can guarantee there wasn't any lapis in my starting dimension.

Reactions: Valacar

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
I had trouble with lapis too, try mining in a new biome or a new dimension. I spawned in a Taiga biome and couldn't find any till I dug under a savannah biome. Lapis is hard too find as is, but I can guarantee there wasn't any lapis in my starting dimension.
Thanks, what is the chance of getting a lapis ore/block dimlet.

Devintrainer

Jul 29, 2019
I still have some unanswered questions!

1: If it's not any of Iguana's mods, then what's making diamond tools useless?

2: What's the purpose of the Precious Charm from Clockwork Phase? I can get it from the Platinum Space-Time Matrix.

3: Why is Baubles installed? I can't find any purpose to it.

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
I think when you add a feature like orbs without a material RFTools picks a random material. I counted the materials and found 85 so the odds of lapis being applied to a feature are 2.36%.

EDIT I was wrongly assuming each material is equally likely and they are not: they have tiers with unstated distribution. To answer this you need to figure out what the tier chance is.

I figured this by typing it out so on the freak chance wants to help double check me see:
I think you can find lapis as an ore and block so there are 2 materials that get you lapis.

I don't know that number but I know you've got colored clay (16) and glass (16). Also, ores(15) and blocks(15): You've got iron, gold, tin, copper, silver, lead, aluminium, zinc, cobolt, ferrous, platinum, manganese, bluestone, redstone and lapis. Also, nethor-ores which accounts for 15? Finally you've filler(8): dirt, sand. gravel, stone, cobble, netherrack, soul sand and ender blocks. So
85 = 16+16 + 15+15 + 15 + 8
2.36% = 2 / 85.

ADDED I may have a better way to find first lapis: material none with terrain grid. Take a jetpack and glider and look for blue that isn't tessalite. Put it on 1 lapis on your hammer, pickaxe and sword and they all get fortune.

Last edited:

Devintrainer

Jul 29, 2019

2: What's the purpose of the Precious Charm from Clockwork Phase? I can get it from the Platinum Space-Time Matrix.

I still need an answer.

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
I think when you add a feature like orbs without a material RFTools picks a random material. I counted the materials and found 85 so the odds of lapis being applied to a feature are 2.36%.

I figured this by typing it out so on the freak chance wants to help double check me see:
I think you can find lapis as an ore and block so there are 2 materials that get you lapis.

I don't know that number but I know you've got colored clay (16) and glass (16). Also, ores(15) and blocks(15): You've got iron, gold, tin, copper, silver, lead, aluminium, zinc, cobolt, ferrous, platinum, manganese, bluestone, redstone and lapis. Also, nethor-ores which accounts for 15? Finally you've filler(8): dirt, sand. gravel, stone, cobble, netherrack, soul sand and ender blocks. So
85 = 16+16 + 15+15 + 15 + 8
2.36% = 2 / 85.
Thanks that was a big help.
EDIT: removed useless content
Anyone still here?
stop bitchin start waiting and you will get your answer.

Last edited:

AmberRaine

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing on FTB since about November when my friend introduced me to my first mod. (I have been MC'ing 'nilla since 2010) . And it took *This* pack to have me actually register on the forum so that I could post a message..

I LOVE THIS MODPACK!!

Absolutely *everything* about it - from its completely annoying darkness and extended nights, to looking out the window and seeing "earth?" . I love it all! Thank you!

Curious -- And this most likely has been asked.. Has anyone created a Multiplayer server for this yet? I wuold be interested in joining!

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions, maybe others don't either.

1. Did you have a look thru the Iguana Mods configs or other configs to see if there is any changes you can change back?

2. Did you have a look at any Mod Spotlights on Clockwork Phase to see what the Precious Charm does?

3. Did you look thru NEI to see if there are any types of Rings, Necklaces, Belts or other items that could be used in the bauble slots?

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions, maybe others don't either.

1. Did you have a look thru the Iguana Mods configs or other configs to see if there is any changes you can change back?

2. Did you have a look at any Mod Spotlights on Clockwork Phase to see what the Precious Charm does?

3. Did you look thru NEI to see if there are any types of Rings, Necklaces, Belts or other items that could be used in the bauble slots?
Thank you for shutting him up.

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing on FTB since about November when my friend introduced me to my first mod. (I have been MC'ing 'nilla since 2010) . And it took *This* pack to have me actually register on the forum so that I could post a message..

I LOVE THIS MODPACK!!

Absolutely *everything* about it - from its completely annoying darkness and extended nights, to looking out the window and seeing "earth?" . I love it all! Thank you!

Curious -- And this most likely has been asked.. Has anyone created a Multiplayer server for this yet? I wuold be interested in joining!
I don't know, that would be tricky given rftools dimensions but it's possible, just not easy. I also want one but we may have to wait a while.

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019

1. Unsure, lots of things are turned off in part. Like I was able turn back on my XP bar in one config, but not xp dropped by mobs. You may have to do some searching.
2. You can use it to modify framework in the clockwork crafting GUI. It adds memory to the framework (information on memory is in the quest book, under the quest where you make framework)
3. Baubles is in play for two mods: tinker's construct (for the travelers belt, which adds another hotbar) and for project E (rings, amulets, bands, etc)

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have the exact numbers for rftools, but each Dimlet is ranked by tiers (1-5), higher tier means the Dimlet is rarer, and costs (or saves, if it is a negative effect Dimlet) more RF to create the dimmensional and maintain it than a Dimlet of a lower tier. You could look up the odds of getting it, but I've scrambled nearly 150 dimlets and never got any of the dimlets I needed (like Quartz, lapis, he'll biome, etc., though I did get a diamond block Dimlet)
Still your best odds are to create a new dimension in a different biome than the one(s) your having trouble in. And yes, it appears lapis spawns higher up than in vanilla. I can find lapis from ~Y:40 to ~Y:80.
Also if you got a low cavern terrain Dimlet, USE IT. All i did was use a material none Dimlet and a low cavern Dimlet to make a world where I could easily find lapis. Just dig down once you get there, make sure you have a jet pack too!.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
1. Unsure, lots of things are turned off in part. Like I was able turn back on my XP bar in one config, but not xp dropped by mobs. You may have to do some searching.
2. You can use it to modify framework in the clockwork crafting GUI. It adds memory to the framework (information on memory is in the quest book, under the quest where you make framework)
3. Baubles is in play for two mods: tinker's construct (for the travelers belt, which adds another hotbar) and for project E (rings, amulets, bands, etc)
For #1, try maybe looking in the ttcore config