[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For the record, in Pathfinder 1.0.2 (1.2.0? I can never remember the version numbers, although there was definitely a 2 in it) included a mod called Not Enough Resources, which indicates that the best Y-level to mine at for lapis, as well as several other ores, is 55. Even at that Y-level, it's still quite rare- at the moment, I'm quite far into the pack, and I've found two whole veins of the stuff, as well as at least ten (quarter-)stacks of copper ore and two gigantic veins of Manganese.

There's also a smaller peak in lapis ore density centered around y=25 or so; but there's still not quite as much lapis at the level than at 55.

I'm not sure if this is still the case in later versions of the pack, but since I haven't gotten around to updating yet (and, from what I've heard, NER was removed for some reason), it's the best info that I can give. If anyone's up to re-installing NER on the current Pathfinder version and confirming my info (just look up the recipes for lapis ore in NEI), please do.

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
I started back in 1.0.2 and got a quick update to 1.0.3. I missed that early Pathfinder had Not Enough Resources and I guess people being able to find them meant we suddenly had Too Many Resources. Here's hoping no lapis is an issue Not Enough Resources will fix so that may be in again. ;D

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
So I got to the overworld today.....it was, not what I expected (first attached picture)
You can get to the Overworld through the Deep Dark Portal*, then going back into the portal from the deep dark**.
*Deep dark is not easy to get to in this....Plus, my spawn room wasn't made in the deep dark, I suffocated upon entering the world. I then used a transmitter to get back make another portal, and place it in there.
**You will probably crash, Overworld/Deep Dark/Nether all crashed me upon loading, but when restarted it worked.
But hey, nether worked too! Now I can actually get quartz, and other stuff, because I couldn't fabricate my own "nether" dimension with my horrid luck.

Attachments

• 2015-04-05_21.38.53.png
    2015-04-05_21.38.53.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 2015-04-05_22.04.44.png
    2015-04-05_22.04.44.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 2015-04-05_22.05.18.png
    2015-04-05_22.05.18.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 65

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
You can get to the Overworld through
Very clever! I've been thinking about looking into a division sigil so I am curious how you got it. I live in a swamp so it seems like the proper thing to do is turn the skeletons heads my peaceful table got me into the wither and drown him and use teleport into and out of the trap.

e I couldn't fabricate my own "nether" dimension with my horrid luck.

Its not your horrible luck, it is just really grindy even if you are clever. Turns out my simple odds of 2.46% for finding a material are wrong because I forgot while I was posting that materials come in tiers. Ignoring that for a moment, those odds mean you need to get RFTools to create about 40 random materials to find them all. if it didn't have tiers then you could find all the materials with about 13.3 dimensions with 3 random materials: terrain grid and with features orbs and tendrils (you cannot currently stack for more materials). But it is much more horribly grindy than that.

If you're looking for quartz then you can also add the controller checkerboard and you'll get 4 biomes every world so you'll find hell eventually but there are so many biomes!

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly I want to say I love this pack. Very enjoyable and functions well.

I want to make a mini server for me and a few friends to play on, but have a question.

When playing alone I got to the point I needed to get back to the ship. I knew the porting power was low on the ship, so I brought a lot of coal. Only problem is when porting back to the ship, I died from it and my coal was left where I died. No problem right? Just port back and grab my grave. Wrong! The power on the ship was too low to port, and without coal I had to cheat an spawn in power.

Any way to avoid this?

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
Your spawn point "should" be on the ship. If you died teleporting back to the ship it shouldn't have been a problem to grab your stuff.
Also, if you drink milk fast enough you won't die. Pro tip.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Nice I'll remember the milk thing.

What I'm saying is I died porting back to the ship, so yes I did spawn at the ship. That was the problem. I was at the ship, my fuel to power the ships porter was down on the planet where I died.

I completely forgot about milk healing wither. Thanks.

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
You should have died on the ship, so your grave should be on the ship with your stuff.
If your having trouble getting back down, just do the milk thing, though if your computer is slower, eat a gold Apple or jeweled Apple before going down to get absorption and resistance for more time
If you can't port down, your ship should have resources on board to generate a little more power. Unless you took them with you, then you messed up.

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
I crash a fair amount, especially when creating back to back dimensions. But this could happen to me when just loading the nether for the first time, so it's not an issue Imo.
Traveler's gear from TC crashes me a lot. You can't add modifiers at all to them as it crashes in the gui, can't supply crash log right now.
If I return to the main menu after loading my world once I cant load it again until I restart the mod pack, which is tedious.
If you use number keys to transfer items out of a chisel, and you Would make a stack (an iguana's stack) and All your other inventory slots are full, you crash.
Lots of crashing, all fixed with restart of pack, for me anyways.
Doesn't take forever to launch pack back up, unlike infinity (which I also crash a lot in), so I feel it works well.
Sorry to be kinda blunt in my complaints of crashing, but I felt it might help the developers to make the pack even better.
I really enjoy the pack a lot, it's probably my favorite pack right now.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
So far so good for me. I started Friday and love the progression. So far besides AS this is my favorite quest pack. It loads fast, and the progression is fun Imo. Sure some quest packs have a ton of mods mixed with cool little things and twists, but this pack delivers with less chaos. After trying to turn TC into a multilayer server an failing miserably, I'm relieved to play this pack.

Like I mentioned my only problem was the whole dying and spawning at the ship while my stuff (including fuel) was left in a gravestone on the starting planet. I had the cheat in power to continue, but I made a leadstone power thing to compensate. Compared to what I've faced with other packs I have it made with this one lol.

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
There appears to be a botania config file in the mod files, but botania isn't an included mod?
Is there a reason for this?

INFORMATION ON RE-ENABLING EXPERIENCE POINTS/BAR FOR THE PLEBS WHO NEED IT:
-Go to FTB>PathFinder>minecraft>config
-Go into the asietweaks.cfg
-Set disableXp to true.
-Go into the main.cfg located in the IguanaTweaks folder (still in the config folder)
-Set the experiencePercentageAll and experiencePercentageOre to 100. (Or whatever, this is a percentage so if you don't want the normal xp gains, set it to something lower than 100)

Last edited:

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again.

I tried to make a server for me an a few friends, but it seems to crash for some reason.

Any mods or configs that need changed to fix it?

I notice almost every pack server crashes for one little mod or config needing updated

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
How are peeps finding the pack's general stability these days? Any changes in the last couple weeks?

Sorry, you caught me at a bad time; I just made my first OpenComputer :D
I am an OpenBlock fan and this mod looks very promising. I'll give this modpack the credit they deserve for choosing OpenComputer over the more popular ComputerCraft.

I can confirm everything rkb27 listed except chisel; haven't really used it yet.
I can also add trying to visit dimensions with either chaotic terrain or volcano features will crash the game in updated rftools-2.72.

Reactions: Pyure

rkb27

Jul 29, 2019
I can also add trying to visit dimensions with either chaotic terrain or volcano features will crash the game in updated rftools-2.72.
In my case with this problem, restarting it once seems to fix it. I don't have any problems with them once I restart

DannyB1196

Jul 29, 2019
I keep crashing when I try to start up Pathfinder, And I have no idea what's doing it, I have allocated 4 GB of RAM to it, so that's not the problem :p Anyone that can help me?

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
I keep crashing when I try to start up Pathfinder, And I have no idea what's doing it, I have allocated 4 GB of RAM to it, so that's not the problem :p Anyone that can help me?

Its a bit hard to tell you why you are crashing if you don't supply the Crash Logs.