[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

17waldth

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like a really cool modpack and tried it out. I can create a dimension but every-time I go into it my game crashes :( Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/kZZbphay
I have tried to re-install the whole pack and tried completely new worlds but it keeps crashing. I have no idea why it's crashing.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Pack looks really cool, but there's a few problems that me and my friend found when trying to play together:
  • Putting the SSP world on LAN doesn't seem to work (another computer with Pathfinder can't see the supposedly LAN-enabled world)
  • Server download contains ModTweaker2, while client does not. Adding ModTweaker to client side seems to cause weirdness (see below)
  • Exiting an SSP world and trying to enter either SSP or SMP will cause the client to fail to join until re-launched (ModTweaker claims to be erroring here)
  • Adding the Volcanoes feature dimlet causes a server crash with ticking the volcano core blocks when entering the dimension
Also, we had gotten really lucky with the starting dimension because it must've gotten a structure modifier that said dimlet temples were EVERYWHERE!!! But now since the server is constantly crashing every time my friend (who entered the dimension with volcanoes) joins, we can't play anymore.

EDIT: I just realized that this pack had its release date set to my birthday! Cool!

Last edited:

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
great pack! after my struggle to logging in my world, updated rftools to the latest, and was able to end the story!

my thoughts:
-i think storyline is fantastic ^^ i enjoyed it so much, usually when i play mmo, or mmorpg i don't read, or try to understand quests, story, whats happening etc. this one dragged me all the way! so check!
-i think that quest balance are great, you can acquire everything if needed, but not instantly. for some things you have to grind, which is totally normal and should be, or no fun.
-after i competed first and second questline, rest of them was pretty easy. i mean, i did grind for a week to complete a first two (i was able to play 1-2 hrs per day, max) rest of them was pretty easy.
-for the final questline, you should make it more grindy. because transmutation table is making the game sooooooooooooooooooo much easy.
-i don't know if that's a bug or not, but i want to warn you. EMC thing is broken. i was getting so much EMC, (well yeah i exploit it a lot o.o) with redstone block and blaze rod. you get a redstone block for 500ish EMC and make 3 blaze rods, then this blaze rod gives you more than 1000 EMC. you should fix it, it breaks the game. i started with 20k and when i finished after 20 mins, i had like 50m or so. look at it.
-luckly my initial world was fantastic, and my upgrades on my hammer and pickaxe was lucky and amazing. i survived so good ^^

in the end: great pack, i love peacefull. never enjyed peacefull like that before!! i might play this one later again, with mobs, and scary scary dangerous stuff!! but for now have something else in mind. have so much thins to play but sadly my school fucks me over and leaving me with so little time :(

keep up the good work!

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
Pack looks really cool, but there's a few problems that me and my friend found when trying to play together:
  • Putting the SSP world on LAN doesn't seem to work (another computer with Pathfinder can't see the supposedly LAN-enabled world)
I experienced the same while playing this pack alongside my wife. The first few times we played my ssp world showed up in her list. After that it stopped showing up. You can still connect by using the direct connect option. After selecting direct connect enter the host IP follwed by a colon and the port the game is being hosted on. We've played together fine using that method ever since.

Nils12340

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys i have a problem i want to host a Parthfinder on Nitrado(German Hoster) when i try to connect i get this error
show.php
On server go to the mods folder and delete Modtweaker 2.
I really thank u <3

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
EMC thing is broken.

+1 to this.

My personal opinion is that this transmutation mechanic is really cheesy. I would much rather some minetweaker scripts were written so that unobtainable items (e.g. ender pearls) were craftable from some sensible combination of renewable items.

Great pack though.

Thank you, and
KeepOnDigging!

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Update on my experiences:
Things are JUST TOO BUGGY! Even after updating RFTools to 2.70 (I've seen bug reports saying that 2.71 and 2.72 have issues with some dimlets showing up as broken, though I don't know if it's just an NEI error or if it affects in-game things) Minetweaker 3 still throws up NullPointerExceptions about getting dimlet types whenever exiting an SSP world and trying to go back into one, for whatever reason. Not even making a new world helps; I have to relaunch to make it work again. Just as well, when quitting Minecraft, it never fully shuts down unless I manually kill it, which shows that something really bad is up.

I can't copy-paste from FTB's console, but I did find this, which appeared when I entered the dimension:
[18:53:38] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't process command: 'mt reload'
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 151, Size: 1
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at minetweaker.runtime.MTTweaker.rollback(MTTweaker.java:80) ~[MTTweaker.class:?]
at minetweaker.MineTweakerImplementationAPI.reload(MineTweakerImplementationAPI.java:589) ~[MineTweakerImplementationAPI.class:?]
at minetweaker.MineTweakerImplementationAPI$1.execute(MineTweakerImplementationAPI.java:82) ~[MineTweakerImplementationAPI$1.class:?]
at minetweaker.MineTweakerImplementationAPI$19.execute(MineTweakerImplementationAPI.java:610) ~[MineTweakerImplementationAPI$19.class:?]
at minetweaker.mc1710.server.MCServer$MCCommand.func_71515_b(MCServer.java:124) ~[MCServer$MCCommand.class:?]
at net.minecraft.command.CommandHandler.func_71556_a(CommandHandler.java:94) [z.class:?]
at com.zavvias.accidentallycircumstantialevents.handlers.tasks.AceCommandTask.perform(AceCommandTask.java:22) [AceCommandTask.class:?]
at com.zavvias.accidentallycircumstantialevents.handlers.AceJoinWorldHandler.joinWorld(AceJoinWorldHandler.java:33) [AceJoinWorldHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_93_AceJoinWorldHandler_joinWorld_EntityJoinWorldEvent.invoke(.dynamic) [?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) [ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) [EventBus.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72838_d(World.java:1334) [ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72838_d(WorldClient.java:159) [bjf.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71353_a(Minecraft.java:2219) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71403_a(Minecraft.java:2134) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147280_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:868) [bjb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S07PacketRespawn.func_148833_a(SourceFile:32) [hs.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S07PacketRespawn.func_148833_a(SourceFile:13) [hs.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273) [bje.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1590) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

I don't know if the volcano core on server crash thing is still going on, though.

This pack is in serious need of an update, in order to remove these terrible bugs. I'm not going to bother playing this again until this stuff is fixed.

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had a pack crash more than this one. I've dealt with non-disturbed packs that crashed less.
Easy Crafting caused the most crashes.
The Anti-Matter Relay Mk3 recipe doesn't show up or work, at least not for me, had to cheat it in. I had to look it up online to make sure I did have the recipe right to begin with.

I was on the last 2 tasks and midway through the 2nd to the last when I did something stupid and lost most of my really important items and would have no way to get them back so I just said screw it and gave up. Was also tired of the crashes as well, as I said before. More than once I had to remove Easy Crafting so I could load back into the world then put the mod back and cheat myself back in the Easy Crafting tables I lost.

Over all it's not a bad pack.
Useful to learn some mods like RFTools which can be very OP at times but also very annoying to have dimlets that are the exact same but don't stack while others will. Really need an AE system to store all of them. I had to end up trashing a lot of them that were completely useless.

Reactions: AuoroP

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
BUGS from Tinkers' mod : need to re-euip belt everytime, equipping traveling boots breaks your game...

I've never had a pack crash more than this one.
I've had the same experience but it also has a certain amount of jank. From the loading screen to trying to shift click being mostly broken. Yet somehow this pack is less janky than the crash free Lite3's broken fluids and energy.

Easy Crafting caused the most crashes.
FTB Lite3 has the best crafting mod: Super Crafting Frame! Imagine an item frame that crafts the displayed item and gives it to you.

I did something stupid and lost most of my really important items
That happened to me early and I was going to give up but instead cheated in a small handful of green alchemy bags. I've already moved a bag into itself once and this saved my everything.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
  • Server download contains ModTweaker2, while client does not. Adding ModTweaker to client side seems to cause weirdness (see below)
  • Exiting an SSP world and trying to enter either SSP or SMP will cause the client to fail to join until re-launched (ModTweaker claims to be erroring here)
  • Adding the Volcanoes feature dimlet causes a server crash with ticking the volcano core blocks when entering the dimension
Also, we had gotten really lucky with the starting dimension because it must've gotten a structure modifier that said dimlet temples were EVERYWHERE!!! But now since the server is constantly crashing every time my friend (who entered the dimension with volcanoes) joins, we can't play anymore.

EDIT: I just realized that this pack had its release date set to my birthday! Cool!

The volcanoe thing is fixed in more recent versions of rftools. They were broken on server.

inclinedtoserve

Jul 29, 2019
2 things.
one: is there a way to expand my inventory from just my hotbar to a bit bigger.
two: my game becomes corrupted everytime i try to enter my 2nd dimension.

inclinedtoserve

Jul 29, 2019
Corrupted how? Do you get a crash? If so can you post the log here?
i think i fixed it. i just deleted the whole mod pack and reinstalled it and it works like a charm. guess something mustve happened wrong when i first installed it or something. idk. sorry for the trouble.

Deadlock2038

Jul 29, 2019
Im struggling to add optifine to pathfinder. Can any one help or tell me which optifine to use? (im using 'OptiFine_1.7.10_L_A4')

inclinedtoserve

Jul 29, 2019
can anyone tell me how to deal with the hotbar only restriction. combined with the smaller stacking sizes my mining trips are nightmares.