[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
I expected to right-click or 'r' on an ore and find its distribution but it didn't work; are you sure its in this pack? The only mod I have disabled is InventoryTweeks.

I have also realized that I'm stuck on quartz and awkward potions so I'll need to making dimensions but first I need to organize my dimlets. My plan uses 6 gold chests: Biomes, Liquids, Materials, SkyBody, Effects, Special; if you'd rather use copper than gold then it is possible for Liquids and SkyBody. I haven't tested it yet so it may require tweaks.

Kaden3147

Jul 29, 2019
Okay am I just dumb or do I have bad luck. I can't seem to find Diamonds :/

So I found them

Last edited:

Devintrainer

Jul 29, 2019
Probably either IguanaTweaks or Iguana Tinker's Tweaks. More likely the latter.

Also note: You can put a diamond on any Tinker's tool with an open modifier to give it +500 durability and mining level Obsidian. An emerald will give it +50% durability (better if the pick already has more than 1000 durability), but I'm not sure what it does about mining level.
Removed both mods, but my beautiful diamond tools are still useless!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I expected to right-click or 'r' on an ore and find its distribution but it didn't work; are you sure its in this pack? The only mod I have disabled is InventoryTweeks.

I have also realized that I'm stuck on quartz and awkward potions so I'll need to making dimensions but first I need to organize my dimlets. My plan uses 6 gold chests: Biomes, Liquids, Materials, SkyBody, Effects, Special; if you'd rather use copper than gold then it is possible for Liquids and SkyBody. I haven't tested it yet so it may require tweaks.
You might not be clicking the right ores. There's several different versions of copper, tin, and some other ores in NEI, but only the ones from OresPlus seem to generate underground. If you click, say, Thermal Foundation Copper Ore, you may not get anything as a result.

Edit:
Removed both mods, but my beautiful diamond tools are still useless!
Then... I don't know what to say. Use Tinker's Construct tools, they're better anyway. If you reinstall Iguana's Tinkers Tweaks, you'll be able to swap parts out when you get better materials, so you won't waste your modifiers on early-came tools. Also, it makes your tools level up as you use them, occasionally giving modifiers for free.

There may be some way to melt down your vanilla tools and get your diamonds back; press U while mousing over them in your inventory to see.

Reactions: AuoroP

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
You might not be clicking the right ores. There's several different versions of copper, tin, and some other ores in NEI, but only the ones from OresPlus seem to generate underground. If you click, say, Thermal Foundation Copper Ore, you may not get anything as a result.
Thanks for trying! I only tried lapis ore and gold. I'll admit I was somewhat disappointed that it didn't work but I made a Nearlands world with resonant ender and discovered what happens when you jump in! Tomorrow is Adventure time with a jet pack and glider!

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been playing this pack for the last few days and I just wanted some help with a few things.

First off I have completed the first two quest lines. The problem is everything is still a struggle due to no inventory slots. Is there a way to eventually unlock those the slots or are we stuck with the hotbar for the entire game? My next goal is to make another golden bag and maybe some dolly/chests so that mining isn't an insane chore. I've actually never done automation in modded minecraft without AE so I'm also trying to get over that hump of how to organize everything. Any good tips/videos for that?

Rftools is pretty interesting. The first thing I thought of was mystcraft, and from a small amount of research it pretty much operates the same way as well. Do the various dimlet worlds actually require power in this pack? The world's I've made so far have been pretty low maintence cost, but I'm spending weeks minecraft time there so I should be noticing some sort of power usage.

For crafting I really need some glowstone and nether quartz. The nether is apparently disabled via portal so I guess I am supposed to do it with rftools. I tried making a "hell" biome, but all that did was make the world gen go up to the ceiling (y256). Where can I get some of these resources?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So I have been playing this pack for the last few days and I just wanted some help with a few things.

First off I have completed the first two quest lines. The problem is everything is still a struggle due to no inventory slots. Is there a way to eventually unlock those the slots or are we stuck with the hotbar for the entire game? My next goal is to make another golden bag and maybe some dolly/chests so that mining isn't an insane chore. I've actually never done automation in modded minecraft without AE so I'm also trying to get over that hump of how to organize everything. Any good tips/videos for that?

Rftools is pretty interesting. The first thing I thought of was mystcraft, and from a small amount of research it pretty much operates the same way as well. Do the various dimlet worlds actually require power in this pack? The world's I've made so far have been pretty low maintence cost, but I'm spending weeks minecraft time there so I should be noticing some sort of power usage.

For crafting I really need some glowstone and nether quartz. The nether is apparently disabled via portal so I guess I am supposed to do it with rftools. I tried making a "hell" biome, but all that did was make the world gen go up to the ceiling (y256). Where can I get some of these resources?

In pathfinder rftools world don't use power. But normally they do.

There are at least two glowstone blocks in every dimension you make :)

fane0info

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for trying! I only tried lapis ore and gold. I'll admit I was somewhat disappointed that it didn't work but I made a Nearlands world with resonant ender and discovered what happens when you jump in! Tomorrow is Adventure time with a jet pack and glider!
The mod that shows the distribution of ores is Not Enough Resources and was removed from the pack for unknown reasons. I added it from the Infinity instance and it's working like a charm :)

Trimis de pe vdf Smart 4 prin Tapatalk

Reactions: AuoroP

sphalerite

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask what kind of power generation is everybody using? I wonder what is most efficient. There are a lot of competing generators that use the same coal fuel to generate. Is anyone using other generators, other fuels, etc?

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019

Look for "Netherrack" material dimlet.

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to eventually unlock those the slots or are we stuck with the hotbar for the entire game?... I've actually never done automation in modded minecraft without AE so I'm also trying to get over that hump of how to organize everything. Any good tips/videos for that
I have read people reporting they unlock their inventory in late game. I asked awhile ago how people are storing all their dimlets and didn't get an answer and my answer is on this page.

The mod that shows the distribution of ores is Not Enough Resources and was removed from the pack for unknown reasons.
Could you tell me its name? Yesterday I googled for distribution for its docs and couldn't find it. I'm also guessing they don't pay attention to ore distribution and got lapis wrong and didn't know about the mod instead of intentionally changing its distribution and removing the mod so you don't know; I'd like to think they will add it in a future update.

Added
May I ask what kind of power generation is everybody using?

I'd like to learn how to use BigReactors; one of my first liquid dimlets is cryonite. Until then I mean to look into whether ExtraUtils culinary generator (RF from food) can be more useful than removing apples from my Lite3 tree farm.

Last edited:

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
BUG? Lapis ore is exactly as rare to strip mine vanilla emerald ore! (lapis ore 3 times more rare than diamond ore).

BUG? Lapis ore distribution zig zags and best found 49!

NotEnoughResources earns my respect by being right about OresPlus manganese orbs in my RFTools dimension go up to 70!

progwiz

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Is there a good way to get lead? If not, where does it spawn? I find very little of it at Y=8, but that might be it. Thanks!