[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, two questions for the next update which I would like some opinions/reasoning on:
1. Should I include Draconic Evolution?
2. Can somebody please take a look at the current Iguana Tweaks configs for me and try to figure out how to make everything get enabled properly? I'll look at it myself, of course, but I haven't been able to get IgTweaks working properly in any update. >.<
Draconic Evolution would be a mod I'd like to see, maybe it could use ludicrite or blutonium ingots/blocks, since those seem like end game items. I like the idea of having an end game mod, since I don't see any other end game tools/armor.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Alumium Brass just doesn't go in the cast at all even though if we have more than 8 ingots melted inside the tank.
Are you trying to make an Aluminum Brass Hammer HEAD, or an Aluminum Brass Hammer Head CAST? Aluminum Brass isn't actually a valid tool material, so of course it wouldn't work. :p Try iron or something; see if that works. :)
Draconic Evolution would be a mod I'd like to see, maybe it could use ludicrite or blutonium ingots/blocks, since those seem like end game items. I like the idea of having an end game mod, since I don't see any other end game tools/armor.
Currently, the balancing is that Draconium Ore doesn't spawn in the end, but a single ore can be crafted with 4 end stone and 2 enderium blend. Since you need several ingots for every low-level item, I figure that's balance enough. Plus it would be a pain to go through and change every single recipe to use Ludicrite or Blutonium. Maybe I could replace the enderium dust with Blutonium... Anyone have an opinion on that?

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Glitch, your air bubbles don't show up underwater:
ii0IEnl.png

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Are you trying to make an Aluminum Brass Hammer HEAD, or an Aluminum Brass Hammer Head CAST? Aluminum Brass isn't actually a valid tool material, so of course it wouldn't work. :p Try iron or something; see if that works. :)

I will update them, they said it "you can cast with anything" well apparently they are wrong as I thought.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I think Draconic Evolution would be cool!.. However I'm not sure why it would need Ludicrite or anything because DE is already hard as is. The ore that is used for everything is RARE(as in 1 in every few chunks if that).

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Glitch, your air bubbles don't show up underwater:
ii0IEnl.png
What is your particles setting at?
I think Draconic Evolution would be cool!.. However I'm not sure why it would need Ludicrite or anything because DE is already hard as is. The ore that is used for everything is RARE(as in 1 in every few chunks if that).
Yeah... Currently, I have rebalanced the Draconium such that no Draconium Ores spawn, but you can craft them by putting 4 end stone and 2 enderium blend in an induction smelter. I haven't ever played with that mod, but @goth_child67 says that it becomes to easy if you can just quarry Draconium. I'd like more opinions on this. :)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... Currently, I have rebalanced the Draconium such that no Draconium Ores spawn, but you can craft them by putting 4 end stone and 2 enderium blend in an induction smelter. I haven't ever played with that mod, but @goth_child67 says that it becomes to easy if you can just quarry Draconium. I'd like more opinions on this. :)

I've played around with the mod a small amount, but have watched several let's plays of people playing/using it. I have seen a few people place an Extra Utilities Quarry down in the end and with the max size they still was unable to craft more than 1-2 of the high end tools/armor.

To tell you the truth from what I've seen, played, and talked to people about it still takes a lot of the ore to craft most(even low tier) items from the mod. Add the fact that the dragon is harder, and the shear number of what is need to preform the rituals to make the charged ore & summon the dragon again, that it really doesn't need changed.

The mod it self is Mid/Late game, and I feel more late game. Either Way I thinks its cool that it's going in the pack:)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I've played around with the mod a small amount, but have watched several let's plays of people playing/using it. I have seen a few people place an Extra Utilities Quarry down in the end and with the max size they still was unable to craft more than 1-2 of the high end tools/armor.

To tell you the truth from what I've seen, played, and talked to people about it still takes a lot of the ore to craft most(even low tier) items from the mod. Add the fact that the dragon is harder, and the shear number of what is need to preform the rituals to make the charged ore & summon the dragon again, that it really doesn't need changed.

The mod it self is Mid/Late game, and I feel more late game. Either Way I thinks its cool that it's going in the pack:)
If you can find a comet in the end you can make several tools from just 1 of them. The comets are rare but they have an insane amount of draconium in them.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
If you can find a comet in the end you can make several tools from just 1 of them. The comets are rare but they have an insane amount of draconium in them.

I didn't know about them. I'm sure once you make it to the end you can make several of the low tier things, but the amount you need and other mass of resources you need for the high tier stuff is insane. Thanks for letting me know about the comets. I just found out about the special dragon that spawns every 10000 blocks away.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know about them. I'm sure once you make it to the end you can make several of the low tier things, but the amount you need and other mass of resources you need for the high tier stuff is insane. Thanks for letting me know about the comets. I just found out about the special dragon that spawns every 10000 blocks away.
Yeah from 1 comet you can make roughly 20-30 blocks of draconium. And the chaos dragon is insane. Its like fighting 10 withers plus the end dragon at the same time with vanilla weapons.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah from 1 comet you can make roughly 20-30 blocks of draconium. And the chaos dragon is insane. Its like fighting 10 withers plus the end dragon at the same time with vanilla weapons.

Wow, I didn't think it would be that hard.lol I watched a review of the mod and someone said you need the highest tier of armor in DE. They tried out several other sets from different mods but was getting killed in one hit.

hi529

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, don't want to sift through 24 pages to find if it's there so i'll ask myself

DOWNLOAD??? How do we play? I am NOT able to assemble that many mods, debug the IDs, etc. Any other options? This seems like a fun pack

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, don't want to sift through 24 pages to find if it's there so i'll ask myself

DOWNLOAD??? How do we play? I am NOT able to assemble that many mods, debug the IDs, etc. Any other options? This seems like a fun pack
It works like any other FTB Third Party pack.
Open your launcher, go to the Third Party Packs page. In the upper right, there should be a button - "Enter Pack Code" (or something similar). Click that, and in the dialog that opens, enter the pack code (which you can find on the front page). Colony should be added to the very bottom of your Third Party Packs list. Then, simply select and launch it like you would any other pack. In the future, when I update it, you will be prompted to update automatically.

I'm glad you're looking forward to playing the pack. :D

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It's time for another teaser for the next update: v1.1.5!
Stuff to note:
I've removed OpenModularTurrets and WR-CBE outright, and disabled Gravity Gun and Bibliocraft. This is because I'm doing my best to keep the mod count below ~105; anything past that and my (actually pretty good) computer begins to stutter. The mods I've removed/disabled were mostly superficial or had their functionality duplicated by something else I wanted more, so they got the cut. Sorry.
I'm adding Geko's Lasers and Draconic Evolution, and re-adding Railcraft and Computer craft, but RC and CC will be disabled by default.
For server owners (looking at you, @Harvest88!), you'll need to update the forge version to version 10.13.4.1448. Sorry about that; it should be the last time for a while.

For everyone: I'm removing HQM. I wish I could keep it, but I think my quests got corrupted (or something) and I don't feel like going through and re-making every quest just for this update. It might make it back into a later release, but that will have to wait. :(

As for actual features I'm excited about:
I have tweaked Big Reactors to be much cooler. Fuel consumption is 8x larger than before, passive reactor power production has been decreased to 50%, and turbine power production has been decreased to 75%. The end goal of those tweaks is to make you actually think before just building a giant reactor; you might want to opt for using the far-more-efficient turbines to avoid running out of yellorium.
On the other side of the scale, RFTools' Endergenic Generator has been buffed to 6x it's previous power production. If you can figure it out, you won't need to bother with Big Reactors. :)