[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Found one Tungsten. I think I've got enough Chaos for an area miner. That should make life easier. Super Charged Picks would need to be repaired with super charged gems? If so I'll go with Mending instead.

Also, Nuclearcraft Nuclear Furnace: Because screw waiting. (I think it burns through a stack as fast as a regular furnace does one item.)

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
4 items for one coal. And yes and no on the super-charged pick thing. Regular gems do repair them, but only 300 points or so.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, it's bad with coal but one ingot of the almost stupidly common Uranium or Thorium does an entire stack of stuff.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I love how many of these mods are still in active development. 1.7.10 really is a great time to be playing modded Minecraft

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
this may be a bit late @Iskandar but check for essentialcraft debuffs using the purifying altar. despite not using the mod AT ALL, its plagued every player on my server. so much so i built the highest tier altar in everyones bases just so they can keep the debuffs away.

Reactions: erindalc

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I found an exploit in Matter Overdrive and Extra Utilities. ExU adds mini-chests which are made 9 from 1 full chest. A full chest has a Matter Overdrive value of 64km. Each of the mini-chests is 135km. I'm pretty sure MO can replicate chests. I suspect you can see where this is going.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
I found an exploit in Matter Overdrive and Extra Utilities. ExU adds mini-chests which are made 9 from 1 full chest. A full chest has a Matter Overdrive value of 64km. Each of the mini-chests is 135km. I'm pretty sure MO can replicate chests. I suspect you can see where this is going.
so, about as OP as making a simple cobblegen and inputing that into the decomposer? not that gamebreaking but it is odd how each mini chest is 135km.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I can fix that.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Sorry, I've been sick so that didn't work out right. Mini-chests are 15km each, for a total of 135km for a set of nine. Which isn't as bad as the first post sounded.

Slightly more OP I'd say, considering each operation just over doubles the output.

Anyone understand how Magneticraft does charging? I have a thermopile and a battery, but the battery isn't charging and there's not a lot of documentation on it. I'm thinking I need another thermopile? Also, what's the name of the Magneticraft cabling? I can't seem to find it.

Also, a bit of testing has revealed that Railcraft Loaders and Unloaders count as valid inventories for Pneaumaticraft Logistic's frames. Meaning I can do a factorio style train unloading system with drones. I like this a lot.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It takes a bit for Magneticraft to "spool up" and thermopiles are pitiful power generators.

A spotlight:

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Magneticraft any idea when you might be updating the pack as the newer 0.6.0-beta2 is so much better in everyway imaginable.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You're right, it just took some time to run up power. Two of them seems to charge the tools I was after pretty well. Jackhammer isn't what I was expecting, but it's okay. Doesn't last very long though. Looks insanely awesome though.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Charge up a "tool charger" and carry it with you, it will charge up the tools automatically for you.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Speaking of Magneticraft any idea when you might be updating the pack as the newer 0.6.0-beta2 is so much better in everyway imaginable.

Thre are a few bugs I am tracking, but it looks like the next update. And I will bringing in Zetta industries as it adds a multiblock RF storage. It does get a mite silly, though. I have a bank that is capable of storing 2.5 giga RF.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Over and above being the dev of this pack, I'm having a blast playing Minecraft, probably the most fun I've had in quite some time. While I do derp pretty hard sometimes (on video even, sigh), I am learning all the various mods and even teaching myself new tricks. While I may wish this pack was a bit more popular (mostly because I do so enjoy watching LPs of my packs on YouTube and Twitch), I am very satisfied with how this turned out. From a user aspect, instead of a dev, this is probably my favorite of my three packs. (Crash Landing is my favorite from the dev standpoint).

The next update will probably be tomorrow. Still quite a few mods that update regularly and a brand new mod this time around. The world download for the 40th episode of my LP will be coming the day after.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Omg you turned off Magneticraft oil generation, at least disable the prospector/pumpjack recipes too. Been running around like an idiot trying to find oil for MgC only to eventually give up and check the config to see you disable it....

Looks like poor adv gens only has biodiesel to go on, certainly nowhere near enough oil in the world to sustain that as a power source.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There should be Galacticraft oil around. There better be, since I need it for Pneaumaticraft.

I have to admit, it's one of my favorite packs so far. Haven't had so much fun in Minecraft since Ultimate.