[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo.. I expanded the bore a little bit. Used up pretty much all of my resources to do it though. So far I'm at 3 faces of 16 Advanced Breakers, one face each in the north, east, and west direction. So I have a tri-directional bore. Now, at least, I can go way out in one direction, move over a few blocks, and come back the opposite direction- mining the whole way. It's just that, eventually, I'll be way north of my starting point. I should have enough resources by that time in order to expand.

http://imgur.com/a/GKS1R

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
very nice design but it seems like it would be faster to take a fortune 5 or silk touch RR or chaos pick to the mine instead. trying to figure out if the cost/time is worth the outcome.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't like the RR pick, at all. Silent's Gems picks with mending feel cheaty to me, even.. the RR pick is just ridiculously overpowered, especially for the cost. As it stands, I have an Eff IV, Unbreaking III, Mending III Supercharged Topaz pick from Silent's Gems. I can't use it fast enough to break it.. the Mending just heals it too quickly. I'm never going to use the RR pick so it might as well not exist in my consideration.

Once you understand how the machine is to be laid out, expanding it is a piece of cake. The main benefit I have with this over any other manual mining technique is that I could technically expand it to any size.. a size that the RR pick just cannot obtain. The upfront cost and time input is fixed. Once built, there is no maintenance to be done. Just hop in, and mine. If I can figure out Microcontrollers, I might be able to automate it.

That and I just like automation and, specifically, tunnel bores. I've been making them since RP2, before tube frames were introduced. So, really, regardless of time/cost, it's worth it to me.

I'll step down off my soapbox and remove the hipster glasses now.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Mending has been nerfed significantly in the latest update. I reported that problem.

And yes, this is the reason I included a wide diverse selection of mods, there are lots of solutions, find the one you like the best.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's quiet the nerf. I'll check it out when I get time. I like the idea of the new Mending enchantment in vanilla MC, I wonder if that could be implemented.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
We don't have the latest version of Silent's Gems- currently on 1.3.03 whereas the new version is 1.3.04, with the tree felling enchantment and Mending nerf.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, 1.8 was packaged for release a few hours before Silent's updated. 1.9 will have it. Or you can manually update it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I approve of that bore. I still think the RP2 knife I made was cooler, but that thing was hard to match. Might be able to have a rear facing activator place torches for you. Probably do them in a line, unless you fiddle with the redstone mechanism to make it place only once every few blocks.

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
hey there! loving the idea of multiblocking almost everything. im a bit tech fanboi in MC. downloaded it immediately. but it lags like hell. OK my potato is potato but it almost baked it. idk why :( i usually can sustain 80-90 mods with 3 gb allocated. and i have fastcraft. the time between i click on "launch" and clicking on "single player" is like 20 minutes. is that because i have about 40 modpacks in my launcher or smth else? would appreciate any help! THX in advance!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The RP2 Cutting Knife. Slices a 1-block wide gap through anything in it's path, except Redwoods. 137 blocks from bedrock to the surface, it went about a thousand blocks ever three hours or so. That's the old Xycraft water blocks on the back, which acted as source blocks and wouldn't drag water along, and would instantly obsidianize lava along the path. Redwoods aside, it was basically an unstoppable, continuous world eater.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So, Immersive Engineering got a huge, huge update. Expect 1.9 of the pack as soon as I have a chance to check for stability.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So, the Immersive engineering update is super cool. There is quite a lot of functionality that will help the pack like fluid handling in terms of pipes, pumps and tanks and quite a few other nice things like floodlights. a lot of the old bugs appear to be gone. That said, there a re a few new ones and it looks like the Hydraulicraft integration is non-functional (which makes me sad, as my Hydraulicraft harvester really could stand to switch over to IE Hemp). And Immersive Integration is currently broken. So, no update just yet.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Integrates some other popular mods with Immersive Engineering. Off the top of my head, it adds support for fluix and dense fluix cables in IE's wire form so you can run AE2 wiring the same way you run IE wiring.