[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, after abandoning my first semi-successful world, a few things I've learned:
  • Boron is now my go-to tool material. Diamond-equivalent (though with only 80% of the durability), and far, far more frequent.
  • Magneticraft machines look awesome, but I'll have to do a LOT of experimentation with them in creative mode before I build them again. That was an awful lot of resources to put into machines that I couldn't figure out how to get working.
  • I really, really miss having early-game travel boosts, while trying to get through the early progression in Chromaticraft. My nearest pylon for one of the colors (brown, IIRC) was more than 1500 blocks away from where I set up camp this time around.
  • MOAR BACKPACKS. The number of times I had to abandon a lucrative mining trip, or dungeon chests, because my inventory was full was utterly ridiculous.
  • I also need to figure out some way of using either OpenComputers robots, or Engineer's Toolbox, to build an equivalent of the Buildcraft Filler. A proper base never did get built, even after something like 24 hours in-game, because I could never be bothered going out with a shovel and flattening ground for it.
Time to start my next run, I think. Maybe I'll push for Essentialcraft this time... even if it means a ton of villager trading early-game to get emeralds..

Supercharged Morganite is really good and somewhat abundant. At least, more so than Diamond. Onyx is more abundant than Morganite and a good starter material. If you can get lucky enough to get Mending III or IV, or to find a dungeon with mossy cobblestone and make the enchantment yourself, you won't need another tool for a long time.
Horses are still good for travel if you get lucky with a saddle. Seeing as there is new worldgen for dungeon lootables, you may be able to get one early game. Listen for the crackly energetic sounds underground for a guaranteed 4 chest "dungeon". I think they're from Chromaticraft? Or EssentialCraft.
For backpacks- you've got options. Here's what I recommend:
First backpack to iron: Use it as a general purpose bag. I keep it on me at all times to hold spare things, especially alternate tools that I don't need out all the time.
Second backpack to iron/gold: Add a filter (for autopickup) and a crafting upgrade. Put things like redstone, lapis, cobblestone on the crafting upgrade and/or the filter. Your backpack will fill up a lot less quickly. Put compressed/double compressed cobble in the crafting upgrade as well and you'll never fill up on cobblestone.
Third backpack to leather/iron: I haven't done this yet, but it wouldn't hurt to have a backpack solely for picking up those "few and far between" ores like tungsten, nickle, boron, etc that just fill up your bag with 1 or 2 each.
Get some tools with Area Miner on them and you'll save a lot of time on clearing out space. I cleared out this entire space with an Area Miner shovel/pick.

Nice Guide Trunksbomb, I'll be setting one of these up in my world soon I think.

Thanks, and good luck. Make sure you set all your redstone channels and item channels right the first time, it's very annoying to troubleshoot once you get everything in place.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
caught this error while trying to get my server up and running after a crash. curse you pnumaticraft that mod i never use! anyway i can get this file and i did do a full clear and reinstall of the files.

26.10 10:13:44 [Server] INFO at pneumaticCraft.common.progwidgets.WidgetRegistrator.init(WidgetRegistrator.java:47) ~[WidgetRegistrator.class:?]
26.10 10:13:44 [Server] INFO java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/gui/GuiScreen
26.10 10:13:44 [Server] Server thread/ERROR [FML]: Caught exception from PneumaticCraft
26.10 10:13:44 [Server] Server thread/ERROR [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase

crash log
http://pastebin.com/n5e9u42b

EDIT: updating to the latest pnumaticcraft fixes the issue. v1.11.18.140

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
@trunksbomb Thanks for the guide; I'll tweak it a bit later to make it work for Tekkit Legends, given that ET is a major mod in that modpack as well.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
@Lethosos post here (with pictures) when you're done! I'd like to see it.

Now, here's a dilemma for me- one that is somewhat related to the bore. I found some pools of liquid enderium a while back and gathered those up and have since made a handful of enderium dust. Now, according to NEI, the only way to craft that dust into ingots is with a Galacticraft Arc Furnace.. which in turn requires meteoric iron ores which, from my understanding, require me to travel to another planet. I'm nowhere near that feat at the moment, so is there any way for me to get some enderium ingots in the meantime? I'll admit that I haven't attempted putting the dust in anything yet and I'm basing this solely off of what NEI tells me.

When placing an EssentialCraft 3 Magical Chest, the game crashed: http://pastebin.com/NJpJwaG4

Also, Chisel allows you to turn a standard chest into a vanilla Ender Chest, an EssentialCraft 3 Magical chest, and something else which I forgot. Terribly unbalanced, basically free ender chests and the like.

I was trying to figure out a way of item teleportation from the tunnel bore. You can't pull from vanilla ender chests and the EnderStorage mod isn't included. At the moment, all I can really think of is AE2 but that's a lot of infrastructure I don't have yet.

Also did you see/address this one, @Iskandar?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I left the induction smelter enabled for exactly that reason. And speaking of which, tesseracts also are still enabled.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
i havent checked yet as 99% of my times has been spent playing tales of zestiria. but in this pack does the deep dark generate without lava pools or with? i was thinking of doing a steves galgadorian drill to the deep dark.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not sure. I haven't changed anything there, so whatever it default comes with.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful what you put on the Engineer's Toolbox tunnel bore, it apparently likes to eat non-full blocks. Torches, conveyor belts, tubes, and Tesseracts even. There's been an open issue on the ET issue tracker since July without a response. Not sure that this bore is going to be reliable.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone figured out how to infuse the chromaticraft elemental lamp with more elements to extend its light range? apparently it can go up to 128 blocks but i have no idea.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
has anyone figured out how to infuse the chromaticraft elemental lamp with more elements to extend its light range? apparently it can go up to 128 blocks but i have no idea.
I'm fairly sure that will require power from pylons.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
1.8 will be coming soon. Normally I like to do weekly updates, but there has been enough changes I've had to make and mod updates that this update will be a bit early. I managed to fix IE Biodiesel so it would work in the Advanced Generators' Gas Turbine and fixed more ore dictionary problems with nether quartz dust. Plus a host of mod updates and a few new mods, namely Translocators and AE2 Stuff, both add utility I want.

Expect 1.8 to go live on Curse sometime late tonight or tomorrow and live on FTb at some point after that.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
do we have methods for dimension warping besides the matter overdrive's Transporter? chromaticraft cant cross dimensions, MO's transporter is buggy (for me at least) and essenctialcraft has nearly killed my entier server with disease without hardly using the mod at all.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
do we have methods for dimension warping besides the matter overdrive's Transporter? chromaticraft cant cross dimensions, MO's transporter is buggy (for me at least) and essenctialcraft has nearly killed my entier server with disease without hardly using the mod at all.
I'm not sure. Then again, I'm not sure how much of a problem that actually is. I'm still figuring out a lot of these mods myself, which is why this pack exists.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
knG0Gtk.png

Status update on my world.

On the minimap, you'll see the Biodiesel factory that I'm working on. That's the main structure in this world right now. In front of me to the right is going to be my new storage area, and the start of my AE2 network. Center, in the rear, is my original power generation and "everything building". In between the new storage area and the old building, underground, is my original hidey-hole base. Way in the back-left, that's my Steve's Cart tree farm and Advanced Generator power gen- there's a 15m RF Steel Steam Turbine over there. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to route my wiring, as turning corners with these posts seems to be problematic. I'm just now getting into AE2, and I'm currently crafting processors by hand.. eugh.

I just made a huge mining run with my tunnel bore. Instead of letting it get thousands of blocks out, I've strapped on tracks for each direction. Now I can bring it back, move over a few blocks, and start mining again. Came back with about 5 stacks of iron and lots of diamonds.. so I'll be doing some crafting soon to get my AE2 stuff up.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
recipe conflict. melisis door's curtain and extra utilities blackout curtain share with EU being overridden making the dark glass, reinforced, and the ethereal versions not craftable.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
recipe conflict. melisis door's curtain and extra utilities blackout curtain share with EU being overridden making the dark glass, reinforced, and the ethereal versions not craftable.
This is why I added NoMoreRecipeConflicts. You should see a cycle button right below the crafting grid (it might only show up in the vanilla crafting grid and in your inventory, and I believe iBench works as well). It will show how many items share the same recipe and allow you to switch between them.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Status update on my world.

On the minimap, you'll see the Biodiesel factory that I'm working on. That's the main structure in this world right now. In front of me to the right is going to be my new storage area, and the start of my AE2 network. Center, in the rear, is my original power generation and "everything building". In between the new storage area and the old building, underground, is my original hidey-hole base. Way in the back-left, that's my Steve's Cart tree farm and Advanced Generator power gen- there's a 15m RF Steel Steam Turbine over there. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to route my wiring, as turning corners with these posts seems to be problematic. I'm just now getting into AE2, and I'm currently crafting processors by hand.. eugh.

I just made a huge mining run with my tunnel bore. Instead of letting it get thousands of blocks out, I've strapped on tracks for each direction. Now I can bring it back, move over a few blocks, and start mining again. Came back with about 5 stacks of iron and lots of diamonds.. so I'll be doing some crafting soon to get my AE2 stuff up.
I'll be releasing 1.8 soon that will solve a lot of your woes. I've gotten Biodiesel working with Advanced Generators and added AE2 Stuff which has an Advanced Inscriber that makes making processors less painful. As far as wiring, Engineer's Toolbox has Flux Pipes, Galacticraft has wires, and Magneticraft has its own way to carry power around.

Expect 1.8 sometime tomorrow on Curse, and a bit later on FTB.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I added NoMoreRecipeConflicts. You should see a cycle button right below the crafting grid (it might only show up in the vanilla crafting grid and in your inventory, and I believe iBench works as well). It will show how many items share the same recipe and allow you to switch between them.
i didnt realise thats what that button did. thats really nice to know for future builds.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Release 1.8
Updated:
BiblioCraft 1.11.3
Endercore 0.2.0.30
Malisis Core 0.12.10
Malisis Doors 1.10.1
Mantle 0.3.2b
Matter Overdrive 4.0
PneumaticCraft 11.18-140
Redstonic 1.4.11
Router Reborn 1.2.0.35

Added:
AE2 Stuff
Translocators

Fixed:
Biodiesel will now work in Advanced Generators' Gas Turbines
More Ore Dictionary problems with nether quartz dust
Added IE Crusher recipes for Certus Quartz Dust

Should be live on Curse shortly, FTB to follow.