[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yup, that is indeed a bug. I can replicate it, luckily in a test world. Will submit to the issue tracker for Matter Overdrive.

edit: I love mod devs who are quick to respond to bug reports. Known issue and he is fixing it now.

Last edited:

SoulessRaven

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome glad to know its being worked on. Lol your lucky you tried it in a test world, I found it on my server and figured it was easier to roll back(tested if i could remove it with mcEdit on a single player world) lost 12 hours progress but better than starting over lol. Really enjoy the pack, still thinking about a frame type mod like funky locomotion to my server but at the same time I don't want to add to lag. Who knows i might in the future :p.

Anyway thanks for the quick reply.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Engineer's Toolbox can sort of do frames.

Also, the Matter Overdrive dev fixed the bug and is pushing an update now. Huge props to him for responding quickly.

Reactions: erindalc

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
6Pk4Ls6.png

Here's a quick look at what I'm working on right now. Behind the raised platform, the structure is a mirror image. On one side I aim to process sugar cane in the fermenter, and the other will process hemp seeds in the squeezer. Both of which will feed into one or two biodiesel generators. I think I'm going to have to really step up my farming game, though, because as it stands I'm only getting 5-8 sugar cane per round trip of a 192 sugar cane farm.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Release 1.7
Updated:
Chisel 2.9.3.9
Endercore 0.1.0.26
Hydraulicraft 2.1.243
Matter Overdrive RC4-129
Open Modular Turrets 2.1.5-184
PneumaticCraft 1.11.17-139
Refined Reloction 1.1.10
WAILA Harvestability 1.1.3

Fixed ExtraBiomesXL sapling spam
Reduced Rainbow Forest passive animal spawn a bit more

Curse will be out shortly, hopefully FTB after that. Fixes the MO tritanium glass world corrupting crash.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yes. The Matter Overdrive update is CRITICAL. Placing Tritanium glass can and WILL crash your world until you remove it if you don't update. The Hydraulicraft update helps make the mod more usable. I also turned off oil retrogen after leaving it on in 1.5 and 1.6, so this should stop wandering oil pools. Overall, a fairly necessary update.

Reactions: erindalc

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
From your comment previously, I've figured out how to make a working tunnel bore with Engineer's Toolbox. It's a bit costly, but it will be worth it.. Then I can really ramp up my tech level.

Reactions: Lethosos

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on a guide for it right now. Making a 4x4 bore in my survival world right now, taking my precious time at the moment.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, while some parts of engineer's toolbox are underwhelming, its overall utility is amazing.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
When placing an EssentialCraft 3 Magical Chest, the game crashed: http://pastebin.com/NJpJwaG4

Also, Chisel allows you to turn a standard chest into a vanilla Ender Chest, an EssentialCraft 3 Magical chest, and something else which I forgot. Terribly unbalanced, basically free ender chests and the like.

I was trying to figure out a way of item teleportation from the tunnel bore. You can't pull from vanilla ender chests and the EnderStorage mod isn't included. At the moment, all I can really think of is AE2 but that's a lot of infrastructure I don't have yet.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
the TE update allows for the tesseract, chromaticraft tier 2 and higher allows for item warping and a jabba barrel multi warp system using b-space. thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, JABBA. I will probably use that. I knew about the inclusion of TE but I hadn't messed with it to see what was enabled.

Guerin78

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, after abandoning my first semi-successful world, a few things I've learned:
  • Boron is now my go-to tool material. Diamond-equivalent (though with only 80% of the durability), and far, far more frequent.
  • Magneticraft machines look awesome, but I'll have to do a LOT of experimentation with them in creative mode before I build them again. That was an awful lot of resources to put into machines that I couldn't figure out how to get working.
  • I really, really miss having early-game travel boosts, while trying to get through the early progression in Chromaticraft. My nearest pylon for one of the colors (brown, IIRC) was more than 1500 blocks away from where I set up camp this time around.
  • MOAR BACKPACKS. The number of times I had to abandon a lucrative mining trip, or dungeon chests, because my inventory was full was utterly ridiculous.
  • I also need to figure out some way of using either OpenComputers robots, or Engineer's Toolbox, to build an equivalent of the Buildcraft Filler. A proper base never did get built, even after something like 24 hours in-game, because I could never be bothered going out with a shovel and flattening ground for it.
Time to start my next run, I think. Maybe I'll push for Essentialcraft this time... even if it means a ton of villager trading early-game to get emeralds..

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Okay, after abandoning my first semi-successful world, a few things I've learned:
  • Boron is now my go-to tool material. Diamond-equivalent (though with only 80% of the durability), and far, far more frequent.
  • Magneticraft machines look awesome, but I'll have to do a LOT of experimentation with them in creative mode before I build them again. That was an awful lot of resources to put into machines that I couldn't figure out how to get working.
  • I really, really miss having early-game travel boosts, while trying to get through the early progression in Chromaticraft. My nearest pylon for one of the colors (brown, IIRC) was more than 1500 blocks away from where I set up camp this time around.
  • MOAR BACKPACKS. The number of times I had to abandon a lucrative mining trip, or dungeon chests, because my inventory was full was utterly ridiculous.
  • I also need to figure out some way of using either OpenComputers robots, or Engineer's Toolbox, to build an equivalent of the Buildcraft Filler. A proper base never did get built, even after something like 24 hours in-game, because I could never be bothered going out with a shovel and flattening ground for it.
Time to start my next run, I think. Maybe I'll push for Essentialcraft this time... even if it means a ton of villager trading early-game to get emeralds..

There are links in the first post for most of the mod information. Magneticraft is somewhat incomplete, but usable.

Iron Back packs exist in the game. Getting up to iron level is fairly trivial.

As far as emeralds, if you can find chest loot with the EssentialCraft amulet that gives you more block drops, use Silent's Gems to put Fortune III on a pickaxe (or use a Chroma enchanter to put Fortune V) you can get a lot of emeralds fairly easily if you can find an extreme hills biome.